Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In memory Chris Henry....almost 10 yrs gone by
One of my favorite Bengal along with KWash and Carl Pickens.
incredible TD to catch ratio and could he ever track down the long ball.
big time Steeler killer which this team lacks.
so gifted...he could have been a number 1 for several teams.
miss you #15.
Reply/Quote
Can’t believe it’s been 10 years! He died about 2 miles away from where I was working at the time. He was getting his life turned around and then was taken too soon. RIP Slim.

I saw two of his sons playing pop-warner football last year. Spitting images of him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I just liked watching him run out there, not looking like he's moving very fast, but in reality he was breezing past the entire secondary because his strides were so long.
Reply/Quote
It's funny I was just thinking about this the other day. I remember when Chris Henry was fairly new, and Marvin was in his first or second year, I can't remember, Chris had just made a tremendous catch and he got in the defensive backs face, and drew a flag. When he got back to the sidelines, 'ol Marv grabbed him by the face mask and ripped him a new one. I remember thinking, "Now this is a good coach, and exactly what the Bengals need, discipline!". Boy have times changed.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 02:18 PM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: It's funny I was just thinking about this the other day.  I remember when Chris Henry was fairly new, and Marvin was in his first or second year, I can't remember,  Chris had just made a tremendous catch and he got in the defensive backs face, and drew a flag.  When he got back to the sidelines, 'ol Marv grabbed him by the face mask and ripped him a new one.  I remember thinking, "Now this is a good coach, and exactly what the Bengals need, discipline!".  Boy have times changed.

I think it was Ike Taylor
Reply/Quote
he didnt make a ton of catches but it seemed every other catch was for a 1st down or TD.
you never him ever come up short on a 3rd and 8.
he got his 10 yds and then some
Reply/Quote
RIP Chris
Reply/Quote
Chris passed on December 17, 2009. We still have a whole year and the way they are flying these days..

But yes, RIP Slim as always.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 02:21 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I think it was Ike Taylor

You know, I was thinking it was a Pukesburg game, but didn't remember the DB's name. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
The real #15 :andy:

I wish Ross could have a monster day in honor of the real #15.
Reply/Quote
R.I.P. Chris
Reply/Quote
He was Martavious Bryant before Martavious Bryant.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 02:18 PM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: It's funny I was just thinking about this the other day.  I remember when Chris Henry was fairly new, and Marvin was in his first or second year, I can't remember,  Chris had just made a tremendous catch and he got in the defensive backs face, and drew a flag.  When he got back to the sidelines, 'ol Marv grabbed him by the face mask and ripped him a new one.  I remember thinking, "Now this is a good coach, and exactly what the Bengals need, discipline!".  Boy have times changed.

I thought that was Hue Jackson?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It's hard to think of him without remembering the opening pass play of the '05 playoff game. It was directed toward the north end of the stadium, so I saw Chris hall it and and the place went wild. Then, he was a little slow to get up and I thought "Oh, crap, that's just we need." Then my buddy elbowed me and, pointing to the south end of the stadium, and asked "Who's that down over there?"

Rest in peace #15.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote