Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this team have any pride left?
Listening to the broadcast and reading comments form the Browns before the game, it's pretty apparent that Cleveland wanted to shove this loss in the faces of the Bengals and their coaches. They most certainly did. From pregame trash talk to handing Hue the football after the INT to Peppers taking a victory lap in our house, they made sure that the players on the Bengals roster knew that they had zero respect for them.

The Bengals get a chance to go to Cleveland and avenge this loss and humiliation. They probably have no shot at the playoffs. They may get to face Cleveland with AJ, Cordy, Vigil, Dre, etc. That's a big difference from what the Browns faced today.

Does this team have any pride left? Will they fight or will they lay down when the time comes to see this team again? Will they assume the passive demeanor of their HC and his sidekick (who chuckled it up after getting curb-stomped by the team that just shitcanned him)? I sure as hell hope not. I hope there's something left in them resembling a spine after what transpired today.
Reply/Quote
It’s known around the league as becoming......BENGALIZED.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
BUngalized
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 11:28 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: BUngalized

That too
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 11:27 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: It’s known around the league as becoming......BENGALIZED.

(11-25-2018, 11:28 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: BUngalized

Potato, pototo

Reply/Quote
I think for the most part this team has already checked out. There's exceptions, I think that's what Mixon was talking about in the playing not to lose comment.

I think there's a point in every group of players time with Marvin, 3 or 4 years in where they just throw up their hands ! They get sick and tired of the same old BS. And who can blame them.

If they do recover it will be totally on the players, our leadership sucks !
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 11:22 PM)samhain Wrote: Listening to the broadcast and reading comments form the Browns before the game, it's pretty apparent that Cleveland wanted to shove this loss in the faces of the Bengals and their coaches.  They most certainly did.  From pregame trash talk to handing Hue the football after the INT to Peppers taking a victory lap in our house, they made sure that the players on the Bengals roster knew that they had zero respect for them.

The Bengals get a chance to go to Cleveland and avenge this loss and humiliation.  They probably have no shot at the playoffs.  They may get to face Cleveland with AJ, Cordy, Vigil, Dre, etc.  That's a big difference from what the Browns faced today.  

Does this team have any pride left?  Will they fight or will they lay down when the time comes to see this team again?  Will they assume the passive demeanor of their HC and his sidekick (who chuckled it up after getting curb-stomped by the team that just shitcanned him)?  I sure as hell hope not.  I hope there's something left in them resembling a spine after what transpired today.

This team is just looking for a dumpster to die behind.
Reply/Quote
A buddy of mine said that the defensive play in the first half was so bad that he wouldn't be surprised if it was a player protest. Guys looked like they weren't even trying. Maybe they're as done with Marvin as we are.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 11:38 PM)samhain Wrote: A buddy of mine said that the defensive play in the first half was so bad that he wouldn't be surprised if it was a player protest.  Guys looked like they weren't even trying.  Maybe they're as done with Marvin as we are.

I think so
Reply/Quote
Well this is a new low then. Back to the past. Crank up your Huey Lewis and the News. You're kids are gonna LOVE IT.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 11:22 PM)samhain Wrote: Listening to the broadcast and reading comments form the Browns before the game, it's pretty apparent that Cleveland wanted to shove this loss in the faces of the Bengals and their coaches.  They most certainly did.  From pregame trash talk to handing Hue the football after the INT to Peppers taking a victory lap in our house, they made sure that the players on the Bengals roster knew that they had zero respect for them.

The Bengals get a chance to go to Cleveland and avenge this loss and humiliation.  They probably have no shot at the playoffs.  They may get to face Cleveland with AJ, Cordy, Vigil, Dre, etc.  That's a big difference from what the Browns faced today.  

Does this team have any pride left?  Will they fight or will they lay down when the time comes to see this team again?  Will they assume the passive demeanor of their HC and his sidekick (who chuckled it up after getting curb-stomped by the team that just shitcanned him)?  I sure as hell hope not.  I hope there's something left in them resembling a spine after what transpired today.

They'll lose however many games it takes to be officially eliminated and then the DCB will begin.  Marvin will continue to look like the captain of the Titanic when the water started coming in, clap a lot, insult some reporters at his pressers, life will go on.  Next year, it'll start all over again.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Tough to tell if they have any pride left or not. Bad effort by players and Marvin stating in post game interview he didn’t see any effort issues tells me if they haven’t, they are damn close.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:56 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Tough to tell if they have any pride left or not. Bad effort by players and Marvin stating in post game interview he didn’t see any effort issues tells me if they haven’t, they are damn close.

And this is the saddest part of it all--Marv doesn't even think he's failing.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:59 AM)McC Wrote: And this is the saddest part of it all--Marv doesn't even think he's failing.

He hasn't for the last 5 years, why he should start feeling that way now.  

His schtick is getting old.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati checked out for the season during the first quarter against Kansas City.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:59 AM)McC Wrote: And this is the saddest part of it all--Marv doesn't even think he's failing.

The pure definition of Bungalized !  We're 1-5 over the last 6 games giving up 217 points while scoring 123 and I'm sure we've given up hundreds of more yards than we've gained and he thinks we're close.
Reply/Quote

They have always played hard under Lewis before ..even when things were going pretty badly.

This time i'm not so sure. Hearing the same message over and over from Lewis must eventually fall on deaf ears??

The defense is an absolute mess and i'm not sure if its lack of pride or they just have no clue what they are meant to be doing out there.

I swear Burfict is going to do something really stupid soon, the likes of vets like Shawn Williams are throwing their hands up after multiple plays as if assignments are still getting blown, Geno of all people pushes a guy in the back after the whistle- draws a penalty then smiles about it.

I cannot see them turning results around this season but they sure as hell need to find some backbone and fight because if they play like this again vs Browns and Steelers they will be giving them the mental advantage for next year too...
Reply/Quote
of course they do or they would not show up on sunday. Oops I retract that last statement.

Marvin said effort is not the problem just do your job. So I have faith. Who-dey.

Just trying to get rid of all the negativity on here.
Reply/Quote
Is UNORGANIZED the same thing?
Reply/Quote