Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dolegala shines!
(06-19-2019, 12:07 PM)3wt Wrote: It will be about consistency.  

Either that or puking.  If he pukes on the field before a play the fans will call for him to start.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 07:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Romo?

Romo was an undrafted free agent so technically he was never drafted. 
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2019, 03:56 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Romo was an undrafted free agent so technically he was never drafted. 

But he was taken later than the 4th RD of the NFL draft. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2019, 03:56 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Romo was an undrafted free agent so technically he was never drafted. 

Undrafted, just like Dolegala.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2019, 12:07 PM)3wt Wrote: It will be about consistency.   If Dolelaga consistently shines and shows consistent growth, my hope is the current coaching staff will make the right decision and keep him over the high draft pick.  If any staff has the potential for signing the long shot it's this one.

If by "long shot" you mean "stunk it up for the Dolphins or Giants in the past 3 or 4 years" then yeah, I'd say you have this coaching staff figured out.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2019, 08:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If by "long shot" you mean "stunk it up for the Dolphins or Giants in the past 3 or 4 years" then yeah, I'd say you have this coaching staff figured out.

I definitely don't have them figured out.  But they seem a little more open to following their own script versus what conventional wisdom dictates. 
Reply/Quote
Not sure I'm sold on Dolegala but I never really loved the Finley pick. Watching his college footage he seemed to have the world's slowest release. People talk about him being accurate but his WR was still always fighting for a contested ball. Maybe that's how it was designed...I dunno. Didn't impress me though.

Reply/Quote
The burning question now is can Dolegala gain about 100 pounds and play left tackle? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 04:58 PM)grampahol Wrote: The burning question now is can Dolegala gain about 100 pounds and play left tackle? 

Better question is can he perform better than Finley and earn the backup QB job for when Dalton inevitably gets drawn and quartered on the field this season.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 04:26 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Not sure I'm sold on Dolegala but I never really loved the Finley pick. Watching his college footage he seemed to have the world's slowest release. People talk about him being accurate but his WR was still always fighting for a contested ball. Maybe that's how it was designed...I dunno. Didn't impress me though.

Finley has a very weak arm. Absolute best case for Finley is a Kitna or Pennington career.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2019, 02:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Either that or puking.  If he pukes on the field before a play the fans will call for him to start.

I’ll settle for a dry heave.
Reply/Quote