Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats the one thing you will pay attention to in the preseason
(06-25-2019, 02:42 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Footballoutsiders can rank them wherever they wish to but anyone who watched them knows they were not a dominant run blocking unit. That is like saying their identity under Lewis was a running team because they had a lot of attempts.

Edit: I took the time to look at your link. Did you? They were ranked 22nd in run blocking....LMFAO! They were ranked 7th in power rankings which is their formulation for short yardage runs. Oh my goodness....lol.

I'm not sure why, but this came off as extremely inflammatory...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I want to see wins and not losses. Zac can improve an area, but if we lose still nothing is really accomplished. I don't care how we win, improve offensive scheme or defensive scheme, improve blocking by OL or tackling on defense. Create more defensive TD's. So many ways to help win or cause a loss.

I want to win, anything short of winning equals no progress.

I know wins in preseason do not count, my point is I want to see progress that equates to winning in regular season and expect playopffs. Anything short is another wasted year full of BS and excuses for losing again.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 02:42 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Footballoutsiders can rank them wherever they wish to but anyone who watched them knows they were not a dominant run blocking unit. That is like saying their identity under Lewis was a running team because they had a lot of attempts.

Edit: I took the time to look at your link. Did you? They were ranked 22nd in run blocking....LMFAO! They were ranked 7th in power rankings which is their formulation for short yardage runs. Oh my goodness....lol.

Wow, don't have be a ***** about it.
I had accidentally clicked on Power Rank and interpreted that as the rank. My bad.

But here's something to accurately support my point on run blocking...
Bengals were 8th in the league in rushing yards per attempt at 4.7.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/sort/yardsPerRushAttempt

That's the best in the entire Marvin Lewis era:
2018 - 4.7 YPA
2017 - 3.6 YPA
2016 - 4.0 YPA
2015 - 3.9 YPA
2014 - 4.4 YPA
2013 - 3.6 YPA
2012 - 4.1 YPA
2011 - 3.9 YPA
2010 - 3.6 YPA
2009 - 4.1 YPA
2008 - 3.6 YPA
2007 - 3.7 YPA
2006 - 3.7 YPA
2005 - 4.2 YPA
2004 - 4.2 YPA
2003 - 4.1 YPA
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The cheerleaders! The preseason seems to usually be fools gold. It’s sometimes pointless to analyze closely in preseason because a full game simulation against the type of starters that they will be facing isn’t there. Vets usually aren’t going all out and rookies aren’t facing the best consistently. I guess you could look for technique but the end result of that technique is skewed by who they’re facing and how much effort they’re putting out. I normally don’t watch closely in preseason but wait for something to jump out and catch my eyes. Then if it happens from a certain player a second or third time, I get excited.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown's pulse.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 07:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Wow, don't have be a ***** about it.
I had accidentally clicked on Power Rank and interpreted that as the rank. My bad.

But here's something to accurately support my point on run blocking...
Bengals were 8th in the league in rushing yards per attempt at 4.7.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/sort/yardsPerRushAttempt

That's the best in the entire Marvin Lewis era:
2018 - 4.7 YPA
2017 - 3.6 YPA
2016 - 4.0 YPA
2015 - 3.9 YPA
2014 - 4.4 YPA
2013 - 3.6 YPA
2012 - 4.1 YPA
2011 - 3.9 YPA
2010 - 3.6 YPA
2009 - 4.1 YPA
2008 - 3.6 YPA
2007 - 3.7 YPA
2006 - 3.7 YPA
2005 - 4.2 YPA
2004 - 4.2 YPA
2003 - 4.1 YPA

Maybe Bobby Hart is a better RT than some on these boards are giving him credit for then?

I hope the vision that Taylor has plays out just as he would like it to. I would really like to see a Bengals team that runs the ball at will because that opens up the entire rest of the offense.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 04:44 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Maybe Bobby Hart is a better RT than some on these boards are giving him credit for then?

I hope the vision that Taylor has plays out just as he would like it to. I would really like to see a Bengals team that runs the ball at will because that opens up the entire rest of the offense.

The running game was better, pass blocking was bad. Hart and Redmond were the two worst on the OL in regards to pass blocking.

It would help if Taylor can mask Hart's deficiencies in the passing game but I think it's blind optimism to assume it's just going to happen.

I agree that if the Bengals can run the ball at will, it will open up the passing game and play action specifically.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Now that Jonah's out, I will watch coaching staff most of all
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote