Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dolegala shines!
(06-13-2019, 07:41 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Well I hope they give him a legit shot at a roster spot by giving him more reps in training camp.  Would suck if a promising prospect is buried with the fourth string.

This.  It will be easier if Finley doesn't start showing.  But apparently he looked pretty good yesterday as well.   Unless Dolegala is dramatically better he'll be on the PS.

I'll be very interested to see how Taylor handles this, and whether he has the authority to bypass a relatively high draft pick to put a long shot UDFA on the 53.

I love everything I've heard about this guy:  production, measurable, cool under pressure, rocket arm plus good touch, performing coming in cold in what sounds like a very competitive atmosphere.

Yeah, he's this year's Core for me!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nick Foles, Joe Flacco, Matt Schaub, and Derek Anderson were all at least 6'6" and had success in the league.

I just think there are not that many tall QBs because there are not that many tall people and the tall athletes play different positions or different sports.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2019, 06:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: our new Backup QB... Finley to PS.. (as it currently stands long way to go lol)

That won't look good for a team who has 3 QB "gurus" on it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 01:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Nick Foles, Joe Flacco, Matt Schaub, and Derek Anderson were all at least 6'6" and had success in the league.

I just think there are not that many tall QBs because there are not that many tall people and the tall athletes play different positions or different sports.

That's a good point, too.  6'6 isn't that much different than 6'5 and there are plenty of QBs who are 6'4+ in the NFL and are successful.  Clearly, the fact that Dologlagolaga is an inch taller than a QB should be is less of an issue than the undrafted status.

I will say that I'm going to believe he is the Tony Romo to Dalton's Drew Bledsoe until proven otherwise (and even then it can still be someone else's fault he never got his fair shake!).  Is he #7, here?  I'm already buying Klingler jereys to repurpose and sell.

(06-14-2019, 01:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That won't look good for a team who has 3 QB "gurus" on it.

Yeah, it's as early as early can be, but the fact that ZT has been so high on Finley and Bobby Hart has put him in an early hole when it comes to proving he's as much of a personnel genius as we want him to be.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 01:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That won't look good for a team who has 3 QB "gurus" on it.

time to develop finley...   Can only know so much based on college film.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 02:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: time to develop finley...   Can only know so much based on college film.

Time will tell, but this is the reason he may be a bust, even by backup standards.  At least Driskel is stinking it up too, so Finley getting the backup spot won't be a travesty.
Reply/Quote

Actually it will be more impressive to develop an UDFA into a good player than a 4th round pick.
Reply/Quote
If Finley and Dolegala end up doing decent then we could carry three QB this year its not out of the question. Driskell is not a very accurate QB and that will most likely get him cut. Just hope we don't invest too many snaps into him at the cost of not testing these rookies against first and second stringers. The best 53 make it.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 03:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually it will be more impressive to develop an UDFA into a good player than a 4th round pick.

I agree. Training a "United Dairy Farmer of America" to play NFL QB would be nothing short of amazing. But I think your reaching Fred.  Hmm

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 03:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I agree. Training a "United Dairy Farmer of America" to play NFL QB would be nothing short of amazing. But I think your reaching Fred.  Hmm

Them Dairy Farmers have a grip that udderly unheard of....
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see Driskell stay on as a Taysom Hill type player and someone who could be our emergency QB. I see the battle of backup between Finley and Tala-Dolegala.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 03:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I agree. Training a "United Dairy Farmer of America" to play NFL QB would be nothing short of amazing. But I think your reaching Fred.  Hmm

(06-14-2019, 03:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Them Dairy Farmers have a grip that udderly unheard of....

Speaking of this; Are UDFs still a thing in Cincy?

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 03:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Speaking of this; Are UDFs still a thing in Cincy?

I think there’s one on river road (rt 50)

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 03:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Speaking of this; Are UDFs still a thing in Cincy?

they are actually popping up in more and more places around here and older ones getting bigger newer buildings.  (ie getting gas pumps)
at least where I am little north of Kings island
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 03:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd like to see Driskell stay on as a Taysom Hill type player and someone who could be our emergency QB. I see the battle of backup between Finley and Tala-Dolegala.

what happened to that little QB that was trying out as a RB last year.

Quinton Flowers
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 03:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually it will be more impressive to develop an UDFA into a good player than a 4th round pick.

If they develop him, that will be impressive. However, it would not look good to "waste" a 4th round pick on a QB who doesn't pan out.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 03:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think there’s one on river road (rt 50)

(06-14-2019, 04:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they are actually popping up in more and more places around here and older ones getting bigger newer buildings.  (ie getting gas pumps)
at least where I am   little north of Kings island

Thanks. I remember they had the best Ice Cream. Well except for Friendlys

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 04:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: what happened to that little QB that was trying out as a RB last year.

Quinton Flowers

Not sure but Driskel is bigger, faster, and has a better arm.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 03:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think there’s one on river road (rt 50)

There are plenty around West Chester.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 04:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thanks. I remember they had the best Ice Cream. Well except for Friendlys

Nothing topped the Blues Clues blueberry ice cream at King's Island.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote