Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dolegala shines!
(06-14-2019, 04:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: However, it would not look good to "waste" a 4th round pick on a QB who doesn't pan out.

Since Tom Brady 20 years ago I can only think of TWO QBs taken in the 4th round or later who amounted to anything (Cousins, Prescott).  So every coaching staff in the league would look bad in that area.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 05:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Since Tom Brady 20 years ago I can only think of TWO QBs taken in the 4th round or later who amounted to anything (Cousins, Prescott).  So every coaching staff in the league would look bad in that area.

Romo?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2019, 08:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, likely so.  However, Dolegala at least showed a little poise and composure, by stepping right in and doing good things, after having to sit and spectate for 2.5 days. 

(06-14-2019, 09:58 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: sounds exactly like a guy that can come in and finish a game after sitting around for however many weeks.

Agreed.

You see so many kids get their confidence shattered coming out of programs where they have been the top dog, and sitting watching practices in camp.

This shows that this guy has fight in him.

So we will have to see if he can digest concepts and execute drives in scripted scrimmages. At least based on his comments, he will do his homework.

I just wish guys like him who show promise, get a re-worked contract so they get some more upfront cash to stick around Cincy and just concentrate on their iPads.
Reply/Quote
Wait.. You mean to tell me NOBODY is suggesting we cut Dalton now in favor of Dolegala, make him our day one starter to be superbowl bound?  You guys are really slipping these days.
Why, I remember a time when just the mere mention of a fringe player getting noticed by a reporter was enough to garner thousands of bangwagoneers to demand he become THE starter..  You kids these days just don't know how to jump on a good thing when it's painfully obvious it ain't gonna happen..  Attitude Smack
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2019, 01:46 PM)grampahol Wrote: Wait.. You mean to tell me NOBODY is suggesting we cut Dalton now in favor of Dolegala, make him our day one starter to be superbowl bound?  You guys are really slipping these days.
Why, I remember a time when just the mere mention of a fringe player getting noticed by a reporter was enough to garner thousands of bangwagoneers to demand he become THE starter..  You kids these days just don't know how to jump on a good thing when it's painfully obvious it ain't gonna happen..  Attitude Smack

Nah, don't cut Dalton, trade him while he still has value and get two 1sts and a 2nd.  Ninja

I hope Mike Brown isn't reading posts during OTAs.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 05:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Since Tom Brady 20 years ago I can only think of TWO QBs taken in the 4th round or later who amounted to anything (Cousins, Prescott).  So every coaching staff in the league would look bad in that area.

I wasn't expecting a 4th rounder to be a good starter, but I would expect a team with 3 QB "gurus" to select a good QB for a backup if they traded up to get him. If Finley doesn't even amount to a good backup, seems like a wasted pick to me. But I'm obviously being overly critical at this point and we'll see if he pans out as a solid backup or not.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 05:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Nothing topped the Blues Clues blueberry ice cream at King's Island.

so they ran out of smurfs?
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 05:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Nothing topped the Blues Clues blueberry ice cream at King's Island.

Where you been, man.... It's been Planet Snoopy Ice Cream for years!

I agree.... Still the best. Oh, and if you're feeling adventurous, next time you're at KI, order the Blue ice cream in a red cream soda float. 

It was Huckleberry Hound
Then Smurf
Now Planet Snoopy (which makes no sense because he's not blue - but maybe they threw the planet in there for that?)

Here's a little article on it https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2018/june/the-history-of-kings-islands-famous-blue-ice-cream

And, Blue Ice Cream day is July 1st. Specialty novelties celebrating will be had by all! https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/events/national-blue-ice-cream-day

PS: After one epic practice performance, I'm firmly entrenched on Team Dolegala. If he makes the team, I'm getting a jersey made up.... just like my Sample jersey. #NewDey
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2019, 08:49 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Where you been, man.... It's been Planet Snoopy Ice Cream for years!

I agree.... Still the best. Oh, and if you're feeling adventurous, next time you're at KI, order the Blue ice cream in a red cream soda float. 

It was Huckleberry Hound
Then Smurf
Now Planet Snoopy (which makes no sense because he's not blue - but maybe they threw the planet in there for that?)

Here's a little article on it https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2018/june/the-history-of-kings-islands-famous-blue-ice-cream

And, Blue Ice Cream day is July 1st. Specialty novelties celebrating will be had by all! https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/events/national-blue-ice-cream-day

PS: After one epic practice performance, I'm firmly entrenched on Team Dolegala. If he makes the team, I'm getting a jersey made up.... just like my Sample jersey. #NewDey

Last time I was there was like a decade ago. And I spent most of my time there when it was owned by Paramount and the kiddie area was Nickelodeon, and therefore the ice cream shop was Blue's Clues.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It's been a few years since I've been down there, but Putz's Creamy Whip had a soft-serve blueberry ice cream just like the King's Island one not too long ago.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Dolegala will be henceforth known as the QB who devolved into a discussion about ice cream unless you guys pick up your games. Now that would be a shame.  Cool

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
recap

RB Hill vs 4th round RB Walton. Hill shines. Marvin and team verdict: Walton Outcome: Failure

QB Dolelaga vs 4th round QB Finley. Dolelaga shines. Zac and team verdict: TBD Outcome: TBD

The mystery of this outcome is unbearable.
Reply/Quote
Stick to the thread topic...ICE CREAM!  ThumbsUp
Actually I prefer sorbet, but I'm just weird that way.

Reply/Quote
(06-19-2019, 08:36 AM)Big Boss Wrote: It's been a few years since I've been down there, but Putz's Creamy Whip had a soft-serve blueberry ice cream just like the King's Island one not too long ago.

Putz's is the boss.  Best soft serve around.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2019, 09:34 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: recap

RB Hill vs 4th round RB Walton. Hill shines.  Marvin and team verdict: Walton Outcome: Failure

QB Dolelaga vs 4th round QB Finley. Dolelaga shines.   Zac and team verdict:  TBD  Outcome: TBD

The mystery of this outcome is unbearable.

It will be about consistency.   If Dolelaga consistently shines and shows consistent growth, my hope is the current coaching staff will make the right decision and keep him over the high draft pick.  If any staff has the potential for signing the long shot it's this one.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2019, 12:04 PM)3wt Wrote: Putz's is the boss.  Best soft serve around.

Should a putz ever be soft served?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2019, 12:07 PM)3wt Wrote: It will be about consistency.   If Dolelaga consistently shines and shows consistent growth, my hope is the current coaching staff will make the right decision and keep him over the high draft pick.  If any staff has the potential for signing the long shot it's this one.

The Squeelers will probably start actively looking for a QB to replace their current one. With our luck, we'd keep Finley, send Dolelaga to the PS, the squeelers grab Dolelaga and he turns out to be the next Brady. Ninja
Reply/Quote
It's amazing how little tape there is of this guy on you tube. Most of his highlights online are in high school..... what college games there are look good.
Reply/Quote
I live in Gainesville, FL so I rarely get to enjoy it, but nothing beats Graeter's for my money.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2019, 08:48 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I live in Gainesville, FL so I rarely get to enjoy it, but nothing beats Graeter's for my money.

A Florida Graeters fan.

Sounds about right to me.
Reply/Quote