Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dolegala vs Finley
I wanted them to keep Jeff Driskell.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 05:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What good do those guys do us if Burrow gets injured?  Which one of them is going to suit up?

WhoDey2  Why you asking me? I am I one of the people who was quoted in the article?

Nope. 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 05:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Dalton didn't benefit from having his first offensive minded HC and a QB friendly staff, though. 

Going into 2019 ZT was supposed to revitalize the Marvin and Zampese/Lazor-dulled Dalton so it's hard for me to be super confident Burrow will be fine with just Finley in his ear. 
WhoDey2  You're right, he didn't. Maybe there's more to this tanking thing than we think... 
(03-18-2020, 05:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup

When the smoke clears after the draft they may pick up some cheap vet but it doesn't seem backup QB is very high on the list. If it comes down to Dolegala and Finley I'd take Dolegala right quick.
WhoDey2 I'd take Dolegala also. We've seen Finley. I'm sure he have trouble throwing a rock across a 4 lane street... 
(03-18-2020, 06:55 PM)jason Wrote: Those coaches could probably beat out Finley in an open competition for his roster spot though.

WhoDey2  Absolutely! 100% agree... 

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 12:36 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2  Why you asking me? I am I one of the people who was quoted in the article?

Nope. 

It was a "rhetorical question".  It was intended to make a point instead of elicit an answer.

You will learn about rhetorical questions in high school.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 12:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It was a "rhetorical question".  It was intended to make a point instead of elicit an answer.

You will learn about rhetorical questions in high school.

WhoDey2 Oh, I get it, you get talk and we just have to sit and take it.

Narcissistic much?

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 12:53 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 Oh, I get it, you get talk and we just have to sit and take it.

Narcissistic much?

No.  You don't get it at all.

This is a message board.  Everyone is allowed to make a comment.

I was just trying to say that having ex-QBs on the coaching staff will not help us if we don't have a decent back up QB to step in if our starter is injured.  I had no idea the use of a rhetorical question would be beyond your comprehension.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 12:53 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 Oh, I get it, you get talk and we just have to sit and take it.

Narcissistic much?

(03-19-2020, 01:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  You don't get it at all.

This is a message board.  Everyone is allowed to make a comment.

I was just trying to say that having ex-QBs on the coaching staff will not help us if we don't have a decent back up QB to step in if our starter is injured.  I had no idea the use of a rhetorical question would be beyond your comprehension.

Enough.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:21 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Enough.

WhoDey2 Copy. 

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
I get the impression Finley is Taylor's guy. And you could argue that at least he has real game experience, even if it was all losing. The real problem is those losses really were on him. He just didn't produce much offense to speak of.

I dunno, maybe with an off season to improve chemistry with the team and such he'll be a better backup: Someone who can come in and split 4 games in case of a minor injury (knock on wood he'll never be needed). I could imagine that happening eventually but he was so very uninspiring in his first season.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:37 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: I get the impression Finley is Taylor's guy. And you could argue that at least he has real game experience, even if it was all losing. The real problem is those losses really were on him. He just didn't produce much offense to speak of.

I dunno, maybe with an off season to improve chemistry with the team and such he'll be a better backup: Someone who can come in and split 4 games in case of a minor injury (knock on wood he'll never be needed). I could imagine that happening eventually but he was so very uninspiring in his first season.
I know he only played against scrubs, but Dolegala showed the same characteristics they like in Finley, and he has a real NFL arm.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:43 AM)McC Wrote: I know he only played against scrubs, but Dolegala showed the same characteristics they like in Finley, and he has a real NFL arm.

On the eye test alone I enjoy watching Dolegala more. He's more of an exciting player. I still think the organization will go with Finley though. 

Hopefully it never ends up mattering. 

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:47 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: On the eye test alone I enjoy watching Dolegala more. He's more of an exciting player. I still think the organization will go with Finley though. 

Hopefully it never ends up mattering. 

Yeah.  Above all else, yeah.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
A veteran out there on the streets will be Burrows backup in 2020. I dont even want Finley on this team.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:21 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Enough.

Terrors are turned upon me: they pursue my soul as the wind: and my welfare passeth away as a cloud.

My bones are pierced in me in the night season: and my sinews take no rest.

But if you say so, then "enough".
Reply/Quote
Neither, sign a free agent QB.

The guys I like that I think are still free agents (Mostly one of those top 3 guys)

Matt Moore
Colt McCoy
Trevor Siemian
Blaine Gabbert
Drew Stanton
Reply/Quote
I do think we need a system vet QB like Matt Moore. Everything we do should be based around putting Burrow on the field and making him better, so I'm not sure why having a physically intriguing undrafted QB like Dolegala is so important anymore.

A system vet QB helps Burrow develop, be that Dalton or another vet familiar with the ZT system. Burrow's development matters more than anything else including our W/L record.

Finley or Dolegala taking a even a single practice or game snap with the starters would be borderline tragic. They are non factors and in our best scenario in the Burrow era they do zilch in stripes.
Reply/Quote
Dolegala. Without hesitation. Grateful we at least got to see Ryanfinley get some game action last year so we were able to confirm he is a dud.

Jake has upside. Ryanfinley has a subtle ginger candy shell.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 05:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What good do those guys do us if Burrow gets injured?  Which one of them is going to suit up?

They get us a better draft pick in 2021?
Reply/Quote
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 10:23 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: They get us a better draft pick in 2021?

Like Elway said when the Broncos signed Peyton Manning, "There is no Plan B." That's the Bengals and Burrow.  He and he alone is our future.  All hail Burrow!
Reply/Quote