Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolphins AT Bengals Predictions
(09-28-2022, 09:06 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: It will be fun to see how the white uniforms look on game day. Two years in a row the Bengals lucked out by getting their Thursday game early. It has to be more difficult later in the year when every team is banged up to some degree or other. The Dolphins and the Bengals usually play sometimes weird but always entertaining games, and for once this year it will be on my TV with good sound since I have Prime.

Prime has been awful, the quality is shit. It freezes and looks like you are watching in 480p.. People all over have been shitting on it.. Wish it was on fox ,CBS or nfl network..
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 12:02 PM)Tony Wrote: Prime has been awful, the quality is shit. It freezes and looks like you are watching in 480p.. People all over have been shitting on it.. Wish it was on fox ,CBS or nfl network..

Prime does their own broadcast, but they also run a mirror of the national broadcast if you want to watch that. I watched it last week and it was normal quality.
Reply/Quote
Well, it worked last week, so lets hope it works again this week ( I was wrong on my prediction). History is on the Dolphins side, as we are 5-9 at home all time against them. Fins 27 White stripes 20
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 02:40 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Like last week, I'm not predicting who will win or final scores. Now, part of me is concerned going into this game that even though we looked A LOT better against the Jets, it was still the Jets that we played and so I'm concerned the team may think they're "back" when they're not.

A few things that I'm looking at that work in our favor:
1) home game on Thursday night. I don't know the actual numbers but IIRC, Thursday night NFL games favor the home team to a ridiculous degree. Throw in the first game with our new white helmets and I think the Dolphins are going to see a fired up Bengals squad in front of a fired-up, raucous crowd.

2) Dolphins offense looks pretty good, but our defense looks to be pretty good, too. There's still a game to be played tonight, but as of Monday afternoon, the Bengals rank 9th in total defense (310.7 ypg), 14th in passing defense (224.7 ypg) 8th in rushing defense (86.0 ypg), and 10th in scoring defense (18.3 ppg).

3) Dolphins defense, on the other hand: 31st in total defense, 31st in passing defense, 20th in rushing defense, and 16th in scoring defense. So, assuming our offense has really started to figure things out, we should be easily able to move the ball, but it'll come down to can we finish drives and score TDs instead of FGs.

Same on not predicting who will win or final scores. It worked last week so I am staying that way. #3 was the reason why 
the Bills lost to the Fins, the Bills didn't finish and score TD's. This will be key in this game. You can move the ball on them
big time but in the end, it is about putting the ball in the Endzone.

I also like how our Defense matches up with their speed on Offense. These are the types of WR's our Secondary craves to 
stop. Speedsters in Tyreek Hill and Jalen Waddle. Just read on bengals.com how much Awuzie, Hilton and Bates are really 
loving studying up on this matchup. Trusting each other and playing high low on Defense so these guys can't beat us deep.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 12:11 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: No DJ Reader unfortunately to completely shut down all traces of a run game

This is my big concern, the Fins might actually be able to get their running game going against us without DJ.

I think our Secondary can handle Hill and Waddle enough but if they run the ball well on us it will open it up for Tua
and take pressure off of him if he is the starter tomorrow night. That was a bad concussion he got though, and if it was
my QB he wouldn't be playing so soon. Oh well, we play who we play.

Need Tupou to step up and play decent for us with DJ out, this is key for us to get a win. Didn't like what I saw of 
Tupou against the Jets, once DJ went down, they could run on us.
Reply/Quote
Bengals .......30
Dolphins .....24

Defense thwarts a Miami drive at end to seal the W for the Bengals

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
As long as good Burrow is back I'll predict a W until I see otherwise.

With that being said, hopefully Miami doesn't get too much motivation from the fact that we are favored to win even though they just beat the Bills to get to 3-0 while we faced 3 backup QBs and are 1-2.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 04:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is my big concern, the Fins might actually be able to get their running game going against us without DJ.

I think our Secondary can handle Hill and Waddle enough but if they run the ball well on us it will open it up for Tua
and take pressure off of him if he is the starter tomorrow night. That was a bad concussion he got though, and if it was
my QB he wouldn't be playing so soon. Oh well, we play who we play.

Need Tupou to step up and play decent for us with DJ out, this is key for us to get a win. Didn't like what I saw of 
Tupou against the Jets, once DJ went down, they could run on us.

We're in trouble if we're counting on Topou and Carter to step up. It's gonna have to be Hill, Wilson, Pratt, and ADG.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'll be watching this game on NFL Network from around Midnight to 3 or 4 on Friday Morning. Our Dayton TV Channels aren't considered LOCAL enough. The only Cincy Channel I get is Channel 19. I refuse to pay for Thursday Night Football on this New Amazon Prime thing. So I won't go on this sites game play by play comments. I'll turn on NFL Network in a way to miss any score and just watch the game as if live. Hopefully at 3 or 4 in the morning I will see Our Bengals WIN.

For all The Hype about Buffalo and Miami, I think THE AFC CHAMPION BENGALS have a good shot at winning tonight. The Super Bowl Defense is good and THE JUNGLE provides THE 12th MAN on Defense Crowd Noise. I think JOE BURROW will lead Bengals to enough points to WIN THE GAME. Oh Yes, I would not trade Burrow for either Buffalo or Miami's quarterback.

GO BENGALS.....For Me from Midnight to maybe 4 in the Morning on NFL Network Replay because Dayton Ohio area in not considered LOCAL ENOUGH for WHIO CBS to show it at game time as Cincinnati CBS Channel 9.....That's OK, I'm up most nights. As long as NFL Network doesn't scroll the final score across the bottom of the screen during ticker tape news updates, watching the late ight replay should work.

Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 06:37 AM)kevin Wrote: I'll be watching this game on NFL Network from around Midnight to 3 or 4 on Friday Morning.  Our Dayton TV Channels aren't considered LOCAL enough.  The only Cincy Channel I get is Channel 19.  I refuse to pay for Thursday Night Football on this New Amazon Prime thing.  So I won't go on this sites game play by play comments.  I'll turn on NFL Network in a way to miss any score and just watch the game as if live.  Hopefully at 3 or 4 in the morning I will see Our Bengals WIN.  

For all The Hype about Buffalo and Miami, I think THE AFC CHAMPION BENGALS have a good shot at winning tonight.  The Super Bowl Defense is good and THE JUNGLE provides THE 12th MAN on Defense Crowd Noise.  I think JOE BURROW will lead Bengals to enough points to WIN THE GAME.  Oh Yes, I would not trade Burrow for either Buffalo or Miami's quarterback.  

GO BENGALS.....For Me from Midnight to maybe 4 in the Morning on NFL Network Replay because Dayton Ohio area in not considered LOCAL ENOUGH for WHIO CBS to show it at game time as Cincinnati CBS Channel 9.....That's OK, I'm up most nights.  As long as NFL Network doesn't scroll the final score across the bottom of the screen during ticker tape news updates, watching the late ight replay should work.

Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger

Are you gonna listen to it on 104.7 at least?
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 11:35 PM)sandwedge Wrote: The men in all white will rule the Jungle Thursday Night!!

27-21
white tigers
we cant lose on the opening debut can we!? 
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 12:02 PM)Tony Wrote: Prime has been awful, the quality is shit. It freezes and looks like you are watching in 480p.. People all over have been shitting on it.. Wish it was on fox ,CBS or nfl network..

Sooooooooooooooooooo pretty much normal for me since I have to stream every game anyways. At least I'll be watching legally tonight. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I live in PA to brother. It's been a good year every game has been on local cbs so far.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 08:16 PM)jason Wrote: We're in trouble if we're counting on Topou and Carter to step up. It's gonna have to be Hill, Wilson, Pratt, and ADG.

True. I think we can survive with these guys and playing a Fins team that really isn't a running team.

They like to pass so that helps with our first game without Reader. Stop the run enough is all we need from the guys 
you mention. Carter did have a nice TFL on the sideline against the Jets but he is clearly a 3-tech, not a NT like DJ.

The thing is Tupou, Tufele and Shelvin all have the size to be NT's, we will see if one of them steps up.

Haven't really heard which one we are relying on after Tupou. I have no faith in Shelvin anymore. He has been a 
major disappointment so far since we drafted him.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 06:37 AM)kevin Wrote: I'll be watching this game on NFL Network from around Midnight to 3 or 4 on Friday Morning.  Our Dayton TV Channels aren't considered LOCAL enough.  The only Cincy Channel I get is Channel 19.  I refuse to pay for Thursday Night Football on this New Amazon Prime thing.  So I won't go on this sites game play by play comments.  I'll turn on NFL Network in a way to miss any score and just watch the game as if live.  Hopefully at 3 or 4 in the morning I will see Our Bengals WIN.  

For all The Hype about Buffalo and Miami, I think THE AFC CHAMPION BENGALS have a good shot at winning tonight.  The Super Bowl Defense is good and THE JUNGLE provides THE 12th MAN on Defense Crowd Noise.  I think JOE BURROW will lead Bengals to enough points to WIN THE GAME.  Oh Yes, I would not trade Burrow for either Buffalo or Miami's quarterback.  

GO BENGALS.....For Me from Midnight to maybe 4 in the Morning on NFL Network Replay because Dayton Ohio area in not considered LOCAL ENOUGH for WHIO CBS to show it at game time as Cincinnati CBS Channel 9.....That's OK, I'm up most nights.  As long as NFL Network doesn't scroll the final score across the bottom of the screen during ticker tape news updates, watching the late ight replay should work.

Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger

I don't get the Prime disdain. Prime save you money. And if you have it, the football game costs you nothing. Heck, I would pay the cost of a year's membership to Prime just to watch this game, let alone I'll be getting my money back 10 fold or more. We have packages delivered free to the house almost daily between my wife and I. If you are not a Prime member, you are costing yourself money. It's just that simple.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 11:59 AM)Tony Wrote: Byron Jones isn't even playing and they are giving up over 300 yards a game. Lamar and Allen literally destroyed them..

Destroyed them, yet somehow couldn't score in the end and both lost.  
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 12:01 PM)Tony Wrote: Not true they got it together both 2nd halves of first 2 games and dominated the 3rd..

If you play one complete game on offense out of three, people will assume you have a weak offense.  Read the post in context to the original post.  I am not saying they HAVE a weak offense, but saying you could see why an outsider would think they might only looking at stats.  
Reply/Quote
I’m going to go head and ban myself from prediction threads for a while
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Hayden Hurst welcome to the Jungle. Tua is not healthy. The Dolphins are going to be tired and the Bengals much fresher. The Dolphins secondary going to struggle. Bengals 31-17
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
For the 4th game in a row I'm predicting a win. Yes
Reply/Quote