Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolphins Release Maualuga
Just read that the Dolphins have released Maualuga due to an arrest on Friday night with him being involved in some sort of battery.... I honestly haven't read the details.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dolphins-release-rey-maualuga-after-linebacker-reportedly-arrested-friday-night/

IF the Bengals make any attempt to bring this bum back, I may just lose it.

Anyone else feel the same way?
Reply/Quote
another Bengal who never grew up. Entitled since the days he was grinding on Erin Andrews.

I was super stoked when we drafted him so I can't really throw stones but maybe I/we could learn our lesson some day
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There were reasons that he slipped in the draft. Character issues, and we know that would never ever stop the Bengals. They must believe that good character has no formula to winning. There was also the fact that he was very overrated, he's always been mediocre in this league.
Reply/Quote
Does anyone know what he got arrested for yesterday?
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 01:32 PM)hollodero Wrote: Does anyone know what he got arrested for yesterday?

Reports are battery. Supposedly had something to do with a bar tab.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 01:32 PM)hollodero Wrote: Does anyone know what he got arrested for yesterday?

Battery... My guess is he was drunk and fighting again. My former sister in law has run into him several times in the Cincinnati area... Always at bars.

He seemed promising during his rookie season, but he's a bum. I certainly thought he was the best of his college teammates at USC, but Clay and Cushing have certainly been more productive NFL players'.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 01:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Reports are battery. Supposedly had something to do with a bar tab.

So, a battery charge...
...English is a strange language sometimes.

[Image: Status-battery-charging-icon.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 01:55 PM)hollodero Wrote: So, a battery charge...

Translation: To beat somebody's ass.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

lol. Good answer. 

If it really doesn't make sense, battery is the charge that comes after assault. It's the actual physical beating that happens after the threat (assault). 

But yes, def strange. 

I only type this post because i tried to do some research on German/Austrian laws and didn't see the term "battery" anywhere. Though, i did see a boatload of the (new?) 'no means no' rape law. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Batter: to damage by beating or hard usage
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
reports say he didnt pay for a lap dance which led to the assault on the manager. dudes got issues
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 03:41 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: reports say he didnt pay for a lap dance which led to the assault on the manager.   dudes got issues

I heard that he was asked, a second time, to pay a $40 tab and grabbed the bartender/manager's? throat. 

Regardless, young, strong and stupid is a bad mixture. Add in drunk and fuhgetaboutit.

Reply/Quote
ole #58 is an angry drunk, a lot of his antics never came to light here in Cincy...........
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 03:41 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: reports say he didnt pay for a lap dance which led to the assault on the manager.   dudes got issues

Well, if she didn't get him excited, did she really do anything worth money?  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm probably in the minority, but I viewed Maualuga as a solid draft pick. At his peak he was a good run stuffer. Started on 6 playoff teams in 8 years for us.

I'll have good memories of him. He definitely has a drinking problem though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 05:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm probably in the minority, but I viewed Maualuga as a solid draft pick. At his peak he was a good run stuffer. Started on 6 playoff teams in 8 years for us.

I'll have good memories of him. He definitely has a drinking problem though.

Don't most of us? Mike and Marv will do that to ya!

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 05:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote:
Don't most of us?
Mike and Marv will do that to ya!

No.  I do it very well, thank you very much!  It is not at all a problem for me to drink.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 11:11 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: No.  I do it very well, thank you very much!  It is not at all a problem for me to drink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7f6HiQ2LuU
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 05:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Don't most of us? Mike and Marv will do that to ya!

Good point. Poor ol' Rey probably began drinking to cope with the pain of being a Bengal. Now he drinks to suppress the old memories. I can relate. Lately I've turned to meth on game days.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Unless he's suspended, don't be surprised with the injuries we have at linebacker if he gets resigned in Cincy this week.

Btw, I'm hoping for one of those reverse psychology things here. Ninja
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote