Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I do have a complaint
Is it just me or did anyone else dislike the conservative playcalling at the end when the Bengals had the ball? They ran the ball on 3rd and 11 instead of trying for the first down. I was like what are you guys doing, you don't ever want to give your opponent one last chance to beat you and they could have. I'm happy they won but they need to be more aggressive in the future. Look what happened when Washington tried to sit on the lead against the Saints today, they got burned. I do get what you guys are saying about Marvin Lewis though. I want to see this team go on a winning streak and I believe they can.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 11:54 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Is it just me or did anyone else dislike the conservative playcalling at the end when the Bengals had the ball? They ran the ball on 3rd and 11 instead of trying for the first down. I was like what are you guys doing, you don't ever want to give your opponent one last chance to beat you and they could have. I'm happy they won but they need to be more aggressive in the future. Look what happened when Washington tried to sit on the lead against the Saints today, they got burned. I do get what you guys are saying about Marvin Lewis though. I want to see this team go on a winning streak and I believe they can.

The run allowed it to get to the two minute warning, which wouldn't have happened if it were incomplete.  It was all about taking time off of the clock.  Even the announcers stated it was the right thing to do before hand.  Although we lost yardage instead...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis is way to conservative ! It worked today, but it fails way more often than not in today's NFL.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a post by someone used to having Aaron Rodgers at QB.

It was the right call. Make them use the time outs and make a drive against our defense.
Reply/Quote
The issue wasn't so much the play calls...but the fact that our run blocking is epically terrible and thus they lose yards.
Reply/Quote
It was more about putting it in our D's hands than relying on our kicker's foot.

Burning time and punting was the right thing to do when your kicker struggles with just kicking extra points.

It would have been an even better call if our Punt Team executes properly instead of a touchback here.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I would love to take over the Head coaching position for the Bengals myself. I would make the Bengals great again! I think the playcalling and O line is the only thing holding this team back.
Reply/Quote
Playing not to lose instead of playing to win is what marv does.

Thats why he has had so much postseason success.
Reply/Quote
I typically don't like the conservative play calling. Last week it got us beat, but this week against a quarterback that was looking off all game it was the right call.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 11:54 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Is it just me or did anyone else dislike the conservative playcalling at the end when the Bengals had the ball? They ran the ball on 3rd and 11 instead of trying for the first down. I was like what are you guys doing, you don't ever want to give your opponent one last chance to beat you and they could have. I'm happy they won but they need to be more aggressive in the future. Look what happened when Washington tried to sit on the lead against the Saints today, they got burned. I do get what you guys are saying about Marvin Lewis though. I want to see this team go on a winning streak and I believe they can.

No offense, PB, but if you believe they can you haven't watched them much this year.  
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 10:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: No offense, PB, but if you believe they can you haven't watched them much this year.  

I seen them outplay us in Lambeau against a Rodgers led team.
Reply/Quote