Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolphins Trade Back- Sewell Is Ours!
The Dolphins traded the #3 pick to the 49ers, and I think they were the biggest risk of taking Sewell before us.

Is it a sure thing that we take Sewell? Does Burrow want Chase over Sewell? Or is he just saying that so Chase doesn't get mad? Would Burrow want a receiver over protection? Would the front office consider Burrow's opinion here? How much weight would they put into Burrow's preference?

Would it set our team back if we don't improve the offensive line in the first round?
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The Dolphins traded the #3 pick to the 49ers, and I think they were the biggest risk of taking Sewell before us.

Is it a sure thing that we take Sewell?  Does Burrow want Chase over Sewell?  Or is he just saying that so Chase doesn't get mad?  Would Burrow want a receiver over protection?  Would the front office consider Burrow's opinion here?  How much weight would they put into Burrow's preference?

Would it set our team back if we don't improve the offensive line in the first round?

It is great news for us as we should have our pick between Sewell, Pitts and Chase which I love. Those are all great questions.

All I know is Burrow was saying how he would love to play with AJ Green before we drafted him. When he said that, I knew we 
would tag AJ. He is saying he would love to play with Chase again. I think we take Chase, we have been missing on OL in the 
first round for years and there are other good O-lineman that played last season in the 2nd to 4th rounds.

Thinking Chase, Meinerz G, Patrick Jones DE, Nixon DT, Spencer Brown OT....

Or something alike.
Reply/Quote
I think the pick is between Chase and Pitts now.
There is no.way the Bengals can be happy with their TE situation.
Uzomah is coming off a season ending Injury and Sample does nothing for this offense
Reply/Quote
I think this all but guarantees qbs go1-4. It remains to be seen if anyone would want to trade up to 5 for their must have guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:51 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I think this all but guarantees qbs go1-4.  It remains to be seen if anyone would want to trade up to 5 for their must have guy

I think we want one of those top QBs there at 5 so we can make a deal and stockpile some high picks. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:49 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I think the pick is between Chase and Pitts now.
Uzomah is coming off a season ending Injury and Sample does nothing for this offense

I want Pitts the most, think we take Chase.

That is a little hard on Sample though, he is an okay blocker when not blocking DE's. He can catch the ball, he is serviceable.

But we need a playmaker at TE and Pitts is that guy.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I want Pitts the most, think we take Chase.

That is a little hard on Sample though, he is an okay blocker when not blocking DE's. He can catch the ball, he is serviceable.

But we need a playmaker at TE and Pitts is that guy.

Im with you. I think Kyle Pitts can really allow Taylor and Callahan to be really creative. 
Sample gives you nothing in the passing game.
Hes a check down option.
Hes not even a sure 1st down when he catches the ball
He is slow and stiff.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:20 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Im with you. I think Kyle Pitts can really allow Taylor and Callahan to be really creative. 
Sample gives you nothing in the passing game.
Hes a check down option.
Hes not even a sure 1st down when he catches the ball
He is slow and stiff.

Thinking the same, Pitts is the type of player that could help the coaches look good even if they are bad coaches lol

Not disagreeing with you on Sample, think he needs to lose a little weight cause he does look slow and stiff out there.

Just saying he is a solid blocker and he can catch the ball, serviceable.
Reply/Quote
If they pass on Sewell it will be one of the biggest mistakes of a top 5 pick since it could have more lasting repercussions with Burrow our #1 pick
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The Dolphins traded the #3 pick to the 49ers, and I think they were the biggest risk of taking Sewell before us.

Is it a sure thing that we take Sewell?  Does Burrow want Chase over Sewell?  Or is he just saying that so Chase doesn't get mad?  Would Burrow want a receiver over protection?  Would the front office consider Burrow's opinion here?  How much weight would they put into Burrow's preference?

BENGALS TAKE CHASE....Williams and Raiff at Tackles in 2021....and it makes sense....Burrow has THE TIMIMG to Chase for instant success to help Mixon, Boyd, Higgins have more open lanes NOW in 2021. 

and at 2 take one of the batch or Linebackers, one of best group of Linebackers in years per scouts. Most years very few good LB's.  Bengals only have 4 LBs on roster and most of them stink.  We can get a good starting LB in 2.....and in 3, take a Guard, because Bengals are weak in middle of the O line and 3 is a good place to still have a darn good guard on the board......Offense, Defense, Offense in 1, 2, 3. 

Sewell is over rated....Take the Burrow to Chase combo....Go on YouTube and watch Chase highlight film....Burrow to Chase, Burrow to Chase, Burrow to Chase. Touchdown, Touchdown, Touchdown, CHAMPIONSHIP. ....Plus Chase is SEC and SEC is where you want to draft from a lot in 2021.  It IS the best conference in college, it just is.  Closest thing to The NFL.  More SEC in NFL than any conference and nobody even close. 

If Chase is off the board at 5, take the SEC Florida TE, or The SEC Heisman Alabama WR Smith who ripped SEC and Ohio State to shreds. One of those 3 at Bengals Round One. Because Boyd, Higgins and Mixon are too easy for NFL Defenses to cover. Green and Ross gave them no help last few years, and now gone. Bengals offense is too high school for NFL. Bring in a Top Notch SEC pass catcher like Chase and suddenly NFL Defenses can't key on Mixon, Boyd and Higgins with Double Teams. We need to replace this high school offense with an NFL offense. BURROW TO CHASE is fastest way to do that.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:49 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I think the pick is between Chase and Pitts now.

but they are happy with your Oline more than TE.. come on now.. Lock it up.. pick Sewell and setup our line and draft.. hopefully they don;t overthink it.... 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If they pass on Sewell it will be one of the biggest mistakes of a top 5 pick since it could have more lasting repercussions with Burrow our #1 pick

There is other OTs in this draft that are in the same zip code as
Penei Sewell. 
But there arent other TEs in this draft that can what
Kyle Pitts does.
Sewell has a small sample size coming out of college.
In time he can be a elite OT but I think his rookie year
Will be a struggle. 
I remember all.this rage over a OT when Tony Mandarich
Came out.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: but they are happy with your Oline more than TE.. come on now.. Lock it up.. pick Sewell and setup our line and draft.. hopefully they don;t overthink it.... 

You were on it a week ago talking elite SEC WR or TE.   Then somebody sold you on taking Sewell out of Pac 10 even though Bengals have Williams and Raiff as Starting Tackles.  Come on Man.  Essex, you had it right the first time,  Take an Elite SEC pass catcher. Burrow to Chase, they already have THEIR TIMING down from college, that is too good to pass up.  Green and Ross were little help last few years and now gone.  Defenses Double Team Mixon, Boyd and Higgins.  Adding Burrow to Chase makes Bengals go from easy to Defense to hard to Defense. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
If we want Burrow to improve with the deep ball, Chase is the pick imho.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:38 PM)impactplaya Wrote: There is other OTs in this draft that are in the same zip code as
Penei Sewell. 
But there arent other TEs in this draft that can what
Kyle Pitts does.
Sewell has a small sample size coming out of college.
In time he can be a elite OT but I think his rookie year
Will be a struggle. 
I remember all.this rage over a OT when Tony Mandarich
Came out.

Totally disagree... Sewell is a generational OT.....Munoz potential... send the card Bengals.. mark it down
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Totally disagree... Sewell is a generational OT.....Munoz potential... send the card Bengals.. mark it down

Disagree I don't think the Bengals can really go wrong with whom they draft.. Drafting Sewell A+, Chase A+, Pitts A+, and Trade out for a butt load of picks A+. The Bengals are in a great spot @ 5 right now.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 05:12 PM)J24 Wrote: Disagree I don't think the Bengals can really go wrong with whom they draft.. Drafting Sewell A+, Chase A+, Pitts A+, and Trade out for a butt load of picks A+. The Bengals are in a great spot @ 5 right now.

Rock on. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:57 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I think we want one of those top QBs there at 5 so we can make a deal and stockpile some high picks. 

I don’t see that happening. Atlanta is the only wild card in front of us and they have to be thinking about Ryan’s replacement

Reply/Quote
Ever stop to think SF may not have bothered trying to trade up to 2 because they expect the Jets to take Sewell or Chase?
It's definitely a possibility.
Chase with Davis and Crowder could provide a good set of WRs for Darnold.
Sewell would allow them to shift Hunt inside to OG, really boosting protection for Darnold.
There's no guarantee that Jets take a QB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:57 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I think we want one of those top QBs there at 5 so we can make a deal and stockpile some high picks. 

Were going to be attractive trade partner regardless of if there is a QB there or not. Chase, Pitts, or Sewell are going to be very attractive for other teams. 
Anyways there will be two QBs at 5 that teams will be interested in whoever is left between Mac Jones,  Justin Fields, and Trey Lance.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote