Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolphins Trade Back- Sewell Is Ours!
No idea where ATL is gonna go. I don’t think they are going to take a QB with all the dead money and money owed to Ryan
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: but they are happy with your Oline more than TE.. come on now.. Lock it up.. pick Sewell and setup our line and draft.. hopefully they don;t overthink it.... 

I agree, but I really feel like they are picking a weapon.  Can't explain why, but that's just the impression I get.  They did nothing at WR in free agency.  Nothing at TE, either.  They're banking on a potentially elite weapon being available at 5, and they will likely get to pick whichever one they want.  The writing is on the wall, barring a trade back.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 06:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ever stop to think SF may not have bothered trying to trade up to 2 because they expect the Jets to take Sewell or Chase?
It's definitely a possibility.
Chase with Davis and Crowder could provide a good set of WRs for Darnold.
Sewell would allow them to shift Hunt inside to OG, really boosting protection for Darnold.
There's no guarantee that Jets take a QB.
The only way the Jets do not draft a QB is if they trade for Wilson or Watson and at that point whoever gets #2 would draft a QB. I guess there could be a scenario if the Jets trade Darnold + their picks for Wilson that the Seahawks would draft Sewell.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 05:12 PM)J24 Wrote: Disagree I don't think the Bengals can really go wrong with whom they draft.. Drafting Sewell A+, Chase A+, Pitts A+, and Trade out for a butt load of picks A+. The Bengals are in a great spot @ 5 right now.

So what area of beed is most important,  did Burrow get hurt worse from lack of protection or wr/te  seems simple Oline
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:46 PM)kevin Wrote: You were on it a week ago talking elite SEC WR or TE.   Then somebody sold you on taking Sewell out of Pac 10 even though Bengals have Williams and Raiff as Starting Tackles.  Come on Man.  Essex, you had it right the first time,  Take an Elite SEC pass catcher. Burrow to Chase, they already have THEIR TIMING down from college, that is too good to pass up.  Green and Ross were little help last few years and now gone.  Defenses Double Team Mixon, Boyd and Higgins.  Adding Burrow to Chase makes Bengals go from easy to Defense to hard to Defense. 

I've never be on Wr or te over olline... your post is fake news my friend 
Reply/Quote
Take Chase.. Sewell isnt the guy.
Reply/Quote
I would still like to see us dropping back to 8th or 9th for an extra 2nd rd pick, taking Slater in the 1st rd then another OL guy like Davis, Leatherwood or Humphrey in the 2nd to fix our O-Line for the next 5 years.
We could then still get another quality player with our 2nd pick in rd 2
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 09:24 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So what area of beed is most important,  did Burrow get hurt worse from lack of protection or wr/te  seems simple Oline

It's a deep offensive line class there going to be able to draft one in the top of the second.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:38 PM)impactplaya Wrote: There is other OTs in this draft that are in the same zip code as
Penei Sewell. 
But there arent other TEs in this draft that can what
Kyle Pitts does.
Sewell has a small sample size coming out of college.
In time he can be a elite OT but I think his rookie year
Will be a struggle. 
I remember all.this rage over a OT when Tony Mandarich
Came out.

Agreed.  You take the position that is more rare.  There aren't any other TEs in this class that is Pitts level.  There ARE other OTs in Sewells' relative talent.  Look at the top teams' OLs.  They have drafted many in the 3rd or later rounds.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 06:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ever stop to think SF may not have bothered trying to trade up to 2 because they expect the Jets to take Sewell or Chase?
It's definitely a possibility.
Chase with Davis and Crowder could provide a good set of WRs for Darnold.
Sewell would allow them to shift Hunt inside to OG, really boosting protection for Darnold.
There's no guarantee that Jets take a QB.

I just don;t think they give up that much to move to 3 without knowing what the Jets might do.. which tells me they have 2 QBs in mind at 3, if Jets take one of them, they still have the other.... Now what two it is.. im not sure but I would gather to say Wilson is 1A than either Fields or Lance
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 01:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I just don;t think they give up that much to move to 3 without knowing what the Jets might do.. which tells me they have 2 QBs in mind at 3, if Jets take one of them, they still have the other.... Now what two it is.. im not sure but I would gather to say Wilson is 1A than either Fields or Lance

Rumor is SF may have Mac Jones ahead of Fields. Fields and Jones have Pro Day the same time, and SF is sending Shanahan and GM John Lynch to Alabama Pro Day while Assistant GM Peters goes to OSU Pro Day.
https://www.ninersnation.com/2021/3/29/22355902/49ers-king-lynch-or-shanahan-will-attend-mac-jones-pro-day-peters-will-watch-fields
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 01:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Rumor is SF may have Mac Jones ahead of Fields. Fields and Jones have Pro Day the same time, and SF is sending Shanahan and GM John Lynch to Alabama Pro Day while Assistant GM Peters goes to OSU Pro Day.
https://www.ninersnation.com/2021/3/29/22355902/49ers-king-lynch-or-shanahan-will-attend-mac-jones-pro-day-peters-will-watch-fields

Like i said im not sure who they have high of the two but feel  Wilson is one of them but i obviously have 2 QBs high or they would not have unloaded what they did.. only time will tell if it works out..   
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 08:18 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: No idea where ATL is gonna go. I don’t think they are going to take a QB with all the dead money and money owed to Ryan

I think they look to replace Jones with Chase 
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 01:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Rumor is SF may have Mac Jones ahead of Fields. Fields and Jones have Pro Day the same time, and SF is sending Shanahan and GM John Lynch to Alabama Pro Day while Assistant GM Peters goes to OSU Pro Day.

I wonder if Mac Jones will throw at Alabama's second pro day because he already did at the first. The 49ers did trade up just a few days after watching Mac Jones at his Pro Day.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote