Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dolphins cut OT Isaiah Wilson
After trading for the troubled OT the Dolphins cut ties with Wilson after he showed up late for his physical and meetings with team officials as well as skipping 2 workouts that he said he would be at.

This puts the Dolphins back in play in the Sewell sweepstakes

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 12:35 PM)pally Wrote: After trading for the troubled OT the Dolphins cut ties with Wilson after he showed up late for his physical and meetings with team officials as well as skipping 2 workouts that he said he would be at.

This puts the Dolphins back in play in the Sewell sweepstakes

Yep sure does put them in play for Sewell.
Reply/Quote
Sewell is as good as gone, imo. Just like us, the Fins have to protect their young QB.
Reply/Quote
Wonder if Wilson can play guard
Reply/Quote
Wilson shouldn’t even be considered an option for this team. Dude has issues he needs to sort out first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I want Chase or Pitts in round 1 and OL in round 2.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 01:48 PM)BigRed75 Wrote: Honestly, I want Chase or Pitts in round 1 and OL in round 2.

Between the Will Fuller signing and this, I think that's what it's gonna come down to. I think the Dolphins look to protect Tia or trade back.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 12:59 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Wilson shouldn’t even be considered an option for this team.  Dude has issues he needs to sort out first

You're probably right.  However, he now presents no risk except for possible wasted time and energy.  As I understand it, Miami is fully responsible for his salary.  Whoever signs him now can do so for the league minimum.  And I'm sure if anyone does, nothing will be guaranteed- unless mandated by jthe CBA.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 02:23 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: You're probably right.  However, he now presents no risk except for possible wasted time and energy.  As I understand it, Miami is fully responsible for his salary.  Whoever signs him now can do so for the league minimum.  And I'm sure if anyone does, nothing will be guaranteed- unless mandated by jthe CBA.

I don't believe that's true. I believe he's now subject to waiver wire and if picked up, THAT team is responsible for that 1st round price. I believe Miami is only responsible if he clears waiver then signs for less but I could be wrong.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 02:23 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: You're probably right.  However, he now presents no risk except for possible wasted time and energy.  As I understand it, Miami is fully responsible for his salary.  Whoever signs him now can do so for the league minimum.  And I'm sure if anyone does, nothing will be guaranteed- unless mandated by jthe CBA.

I really just think it’d be a waste of time. I’m not sure what issues he is dealing with but he has made it very clear that he doesn’t care about playing football. He showed up late to the physical and team orientation and then skipped two workouts that he said he would attend. Then, the video came up of him dancing shirtless on the top of a car instead of being at those workouts.

No point unless he gets help.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 02:30 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I don't believe that's true. I believe he's now subject to waiver wire and if picked up, THAT team is responsible for that 1st round price. I believe Miami is only responsible if he clears waiver then signs for less but I could be wrong.

You may be right, as I've not bothered to educate myself on such matters.  But my understanding is that a release dissolves a contract, and the team which releases the player is only responsible for the guaranteed balance- which in this case was the entire remainder of it.
Reply/Quote
Isaiah Wilson never had anything to do with picking Sewell at number 3. He was traded for a swapping of 7th round picks. I don't understand how we grasped the idea of taking Sewell as BPA even with Reiff, yet all of a sudden the Fins went from passing on him to now be forced to take him because of a reclamation project.
Reply/Quote
Apparently Wilson's conduct has voided the contract, so the Phins are off the hook salary wise.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 12:59 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Wilson shouldn’t even be considered an option for this team.  Dude has issues he needs to sort out first

I wouldn't be opposed to putting in a claim on him, honestly.  His cap hits the next 3 years are $1.1, $1.6, and $2.1 mil and you can cut him at any time with no penalty.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 06:31 PM)Whatever Wrote: I wouldn't be opposed to putting in a claim on him, honestly.  His cap hits the next 3 years are $1.1, $1.6, and $2.1 mil and you can cut him at any time with no penalty.

Why waste the time or money managing someone who wasn't even ready for a 2nd chance?  He won't figure it out going from team to team.  This is not a case of "not being in the right situation"

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 06:36 PM)pally Wrote: Why waste the time or money managing someone who wasn't even ready for a 2nd chance?  He won't figure it out going from team to team.  This is not a case of "not being in the right situation"

Exactly.  He seems to have some serious issues.  Maybe they are psychological and he needs help, maybe he is just careless and lazy.  I mean he could not even be bothered to show up for his physical on time or any of the other things he agreed to according to reports.  That isn't the kind of player the Bengals need in the locker room at any point.  That said if he does have mental health issues I hope he finds the help he needs.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 12:51 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: Wonder if Wilson can play guard

You need to be able to show up in order to play anywhere.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 06:36 PM)pally Wrote: Why waste the time or money managing someone who wasn't even ready for a 2nd chance?  He won't figure it out going from team to team.  This is not a case of "not being in the right situation"

A 2nd chance in his first year!

Let's keep in mind that he is a first round pick who has been jettisoned by TWO teams prior to completing his first NFL calendar year!

That literally has to go down as all time biggest draft bust.  At least Jamarcus Russell was in the league for multiple seasons, for crying out loud...
Reply/Quote

Because the guy is insanely talented and plays a premium position.  A waiver claim costs you nothing.  Since the dead money from his signing bonus has already been eaten, you don't pay him a dime if he gets cut before the season starts.  It's basically no risk, potentially high reward.  
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 07:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: Because the guy is insanely talented and plays a premium position.  A waiver claim costs you nothing.  Since the dead money from his signing bonus has already been eaten, you don't pay him a dime if he gets cut before the season starts.  It's basically no risk, potentially high reward.  

The dude is a head case.  No need to bother with someone who is not prepared to help themselves.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote