Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dolphins cut OT Isaiah Wilson
(03-20-2021, 07:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: Because the guy is insanely talented and plays a premium position.  A waiver claim costs you nothing.  Since the dead money from his signing bonus has already been eaten, you don't pay him a dime if he gets cut before the season starts.  It's basically no risk, potentially high reward.  

And we don't even know if he is talented enough to play at a high level in the NFL since he could not even manage to do enough than play more than 1 game.  You know who else was also claimed to be talented and was picked in the bottom part of the 1st round at the same position... Cedric Ogbuehi.  College success does no always mean NFL success and he is proving that in spades so far.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 07:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: Because the guy is insanely talented and plays a premium position.  A waiver claim costs you nothing.  Since the dead money from his signing bonus has already been eaten, you don't pay him a dime if he gets cut before the season starts.  It's basically no risk, potentially high reward.  

He has all the signs of being a cancer.

Reply/Quote
I can't believe we're even discussing this guy. The Titans cut him loose and he no-showed the Dolphins. The book is closed unless this guy gets serious help or even wants to play. At this moment, it seems like he's not interested in either.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 08:06 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: And we don't even know if he is talented enough to play at a high level in the NFL since he could not even manage to do enough than play more than 1 game.  You know who else was also claimed to be talented and was picked in the bottom part of the 1st round at the same position... Cedric Ogbuehi.  College success does no always mean NFL success and he is proving that in spades so far.

I would say that there's long odds that he turns things around.  However, there's also basically no risk, so I don't understand why people are so opposed to the idea.  
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 08:29 PM)Whatever Wrote: I would say that there's long odds that he turns things around.  However, there's also basically no risk, so I don't understand why people are so opposed to the idea.  

Probably because a 2020 first round pick had enough issues that the Titans gave him away for almost nothing because he could not do enough to play in more than one game for them.  Then when he got another chance with the Dolphins he could not even be bothered to make a minimal effort to show up on time for a physical or meet other minimal off the field obligations he agreed to.  Those are serious red flags. The Bengals do not need people like that in or around the organization.

If he somehow manages to turn things around and make a great career then good for him. He would have been given more chances than most. But I'd rather the Bengals spend their resources on players that are hungry and want to work for it even if they are longer shots.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Sign this dude and sign Richie Incagnito. Give Richie a big bonus if Wilson straightens up.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 10:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sign this dude and sign Richie Incagnito. Give Richie a big bonus if Wilson straightens up.

Incognito resigned with the Raiders, iirc.  Still, I can imagine him getting the other OL to reenact the bars of soap wrapped in towels scene from Full Metal Jacket on Wilson in TC.
Reply/Quote
Sign him up and give him the help he needs until june. If he shows signs of progress then keep him.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 08:29 PM)Whatever Wrote: I would say that there's long odds that he turns things around.  However, there's also basically no risk, so I don't understand why people are so opposed to the idea.  

(03-21-2021, 05:58 AM)Bernards watch Wrote: Sign him up and give him the help he needs until june. If he shows signs of progress then keep him.

He doesn't want help.  He's an addict that wants to party.  Miami tried to help him and he didn't show up.

So let's say we play Lord Bountiful and sign him at minimum on the condition of treatment.....guess what??  He isn't going to show up because he doesn't ant help yet.

So's a waste of time. even the hour it would take to make the deal and contact his agent....waste....of....time.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 10:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sign this dude and sign Richie Incagnito. Give Richie a big bonus if Wilson straightens up.

I genuinely like this idea!
Reply/Quote
I have to admit, last year I wanted us to trade pick #33 up into the first to take him.

Holy crap was I wrong.
Reply/Quote
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/isaiah-wilson-arrested-facing-multiple-charges-from-high-speed-car-chase/ar-BB1eVogM?ocid=uxbndlbing
Quote:According to a police report, Wilson was clocked at 123 mph. and an officer followed in pursuit. That pursuit was called off when speeds got as high as 140 mph and he was eventually arrested after his car crashed. Marijuana was found in the car at that time.

Wilson has been charged with felony fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer, speeding in a construction zone, reckless driving, reckless conduct, possession of less than 1 ounce of marijuana, and possession and use of drug-related objects. He was arrested for DUI last year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 08:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/isaiah-wilson-arrested-facing-multiple-charges-from-high-speed-car-chase/ar-BB1eVogM?ocid=uxbndlbing

He's a big man who can really move.  What's not to like?
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 08:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/isaiah-wilson-arrested-facing-multiple-charges-from-high-speed-car-chase/ar-BB1eVogM?ocid=uxbndlbing

If Marv was still here, we'd sign him to a 5 year full guaranteed contract....I kid I kid but serious we might.
Reply/Quote
At this point you just hope this kid sees his 25th birthday
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Crazy story. This kid has some serious Odell Thurman/Chris Henry level problems. Shame because he had so much talent. Hope he is able to get straight and get his life back on track, regardless of whether he ever plays football again.
Reply/Quote