Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolphins shopping Ja’Wuan James
Knows Lazor, and was their best OT before he got hurt.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/12/report-dolphins-shopping-right-tackle-jawuan-james/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Quote:James has started 47 games at right tackle the last four seasons, but their line stabilized last year when Sam Young replaced him.
Pass.....
Reply/Quote
For a late round conditional pick I'd bring him in.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 11:10 AM)Au165 Wrote: For a late round conditional pick I'd bring him in.

Quote:James is entering the option year on his rookie contract, and is scheduled to make $9.34 million this year.

Pass... he's going to want too much... and we need a Left tackle, right tackle is getting crowded...
Reply/Quote
Miami won't find a taker and will cut him. Then he's a legit candidate for Cincy to chase as a young tackle entering his prime, comp pick friendly of course. He's a dependable pass blocker even on the right side, I'll take it. I think Cincy is going to sign this guy.
Reply/Quote
http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9537/jawuan-james

some positive words on the guy. Dolphin fans seem to like him. But the guy who replaced him was equally good, and the line gelled as a whole late in the season so they are willing to move on.

He was their best olineman for the last 4 years. Including under Lazor who picked him. I'd keep an eye out on this guy. He seems like a legit candidate to sign.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 12:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Pass... he's going to want too much... and we need a Left tackle, right tackle is getting crowded...

True, the draft is flush with sure fire RT's. LT is a priority. But he's an option if they are looking at RT.

Reply/Quote
jj Wrote:True, the draft is flush with sure fire RT's. LT is a priority. But he's an option if they are looking at RT.

He is indeed an ideal candidate (Lazor, young prime, cut vet) but I wouldn't let the depth of RT prospects (or vets) sway picking him up.  At some point, they're going to have to play somebody at LT.  It seems there are quite a few raw prospects on that side and a thin FA market unless you want to pay a premium.  So while a guy like Fisher, Byron Bell, Andre, JJ, may be better on the right side....someone has to play LT.  I could really see this as next year's opening day OL: 

LT: McGlinchy
LG: Boling
C:   Westerman
RG: Redman
RT: James

6th man: Fisher
vet interior: G/C Looney
3rd-4th rd project: Okorafor or O.Brown
Ogbuehi or Ross
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 10:34 AM)jj22 Wrote: Knows Lazor, and was their best OT before he got hurt.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/12/report-dolphins-shopping-right-tackle-jawuan-james/

lol yeah right, have you ever watched him or saw his PFF grades/pressure numbers, throughout the years?

James is a POS as a player and Dunlap had one of his 3 best games of his career, going against him.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Oh so now we back listening to PFF? Make up your mind Truck.

Reply/Quote
Would like this guy over Andre as he stays healthy more often.

Nice insurance in case Fisher isn't the answer. We can then draft our Center. Boom, just loving grabbing Glenn still man. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 11:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: lol yeah right, have you ever watched him or saw his PFF grades/pressure numbers, throughout the years?

James is a POS as a player and Dunlap had one of his 3 best games of his career, going against him.

(03-13-2018, 12:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: Oh so now we back listening to PFF? Make up your mind Truck.

Was thinking the same thing, maybe Truck is thinking about years back when PFF had some relevance.

I like Juwuan James as of late though or Byron Bell for RT.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 05:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Was thinking the same thing, maybe Truck is thinking about years back when PFF had some relevance.

I like Juwuan James as of late though or Byron Bell for RT.

Exactly, hence my, "throughout the years."

No idea what his grades were, the past 2 seasons.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 02:26 PM)phil413 Wrote: He is indeed an ideal candidate (Lazor, young prime, cut vet) but I wouldn't let the depth of RT prospects (or vets) sway picking him up.  At some point, they're going to have to play somebody at LT.  It seems there are quite a few raw prospects on that side and a thin FA market unless you want to pay a premium.  So while a guy like Fisher, Byron Bell, Andre, JJ, may be better on the right side....someone has to play LT.  I could really see this as next year's opening day OL: 

LT: Glenn
LG: Boling
C:   Westerman
RG: Redman
RT: James

6th man: Fisher
vet interior: G/C Looney
3rd-4th rd project: Okorafor or O.Brown
Ogbuehi or Ross

Fixed it Phil...

(03-13-2018, 07:30 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Exactly, hence my, "throughout the years."

No idea what his grades were, the past 2 seasons.

Thought so, he has evidently gotten a lot better since then and as JJ22 said has a history with Lazor.

Byron Bell has a history with Pollack though too. One of these guys might help us out in case Fisher is not the answer.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 08:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Fixed it Phil...

Thought so, he has evidently gotten a lot better since then and as JJ22 said has a history with Lazor.

Byron Bell has a history with Pollack though too. One of these guys might help us out in case Fisher is not the answer.

James was re-signed this afternoon
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 11:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: James was re-signed this afternoon
Oh well then.

Byron Bell should still be a thought or bringing back Andre on a 1 year deal..
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 04:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Oh well then.

Byron Bell should still be a thought or bringing back Andre on a 1 year deal..

Jim O. seems to think that Fisher and Hart will battle for starting RT.  Likely why we didn't even hear of an offer being extended to Andre Smith, prior to him signing with the Cardinals.

So, with the team trading for Glenn to be the LT, I guess that demotes Obguehi to backing up LT.  I guess now we just hope to see them pick up a good prospect in the draft?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 08:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Jim O. seems to think that Fisher and Hart will battle for starting RT.  Likely why we didn't even hear of an offer being extended to Andre Smith, prior to him signing with the Cardinals.

So, with the team trading for Glenn to be the LT, I guess that demotes Obguehi to backing up LT.  I guess now we just hope to see them pick up a good prospect in the draft?

Correct, Jim did mention that. Also though, IIRC the Bengals are still considering OT in the early-mid rounds of the draft (Can't find the post to link atm), which would mean 5 OTs on the roster. If the Bengals did do that, they likely wouldn't drop their draft pick, so Hart would probably be the one to go barring injury to one of Ogbuehi, Fisher, Glenn, and draft pick. Or maybe a dark horse idea of kicking Fisher inside to RG, which was speculated as a possibility for Fisher during the draft process.

Plus, it makes sense for the Bengals to want to still draft OT given Ogbuehi and Fisher are both in their final year of their rookie contracts.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote