Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolphins trade for OT Isaiah Wilson
Dolphins traded picks for Titans 2020 1st round pick OT Isaiah Wilson. Wilson had a very challenging 1st season and has a lot of grwoing up to do. The Dolphins were the most likely team in the top 5 to pick Sewell

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
This COULD be huge for us, as the Dolphins were the biggest obstacle between us and Sewell.

Now, I don't think the Dolphins are foolish enough to think Wilson is a definite starter or even a decent shot at being a good teammate, but he MAY be enough for them to want to take one of the elite WRs like Chase or Smith and hit OT in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I know the Falcons are also a bit of a threat to take Sewell, but I think they will take a QB. It's not every day you get to pick in the top 5 while also having the ability to let a rookie QB sit and learn behind a multiple time pro bowlers like Ryan.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 09:35 PM)pally Wrote: Dolphins traded picks for Titans 2020 1st round pick OT Isaiah Wilson.  Wilson had a very challenging 1st season and has a lot of grwoing up to do. The Dolphins were the most likely team in the top 5 to pick Sewell

I heard that all the Dolphins did was swap 7th round picks for this year and next year for Isaiah Wilson. That's kinda crazy really.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 09:44 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This COULD be huge for us, as the Dolphins were the biggest obstacle between us and Sewell.

Now, I don't think the Dolphins are foolish enough to think Wilson is a definite starter or even a decent shot at being a good teammate, but he MAY be enough for them to want to take one of the elite WRs like Chase or Smith and hit OT in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I know the Falcons are also a bit of a threat to take Sewell, but I think they will take a QB. It's not every day you get to pick in the top 5 while also having the ability to let a rookie QB sit and learn behind a multiple time pro bowlers like Ryan.

Falcons GM said they were looking at QBs and WRs which doesn't eliminate OL but those really are their biggest needs

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 09:44 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This COULD be huge for us, as the Dolphins were the biggest obstacle between us and Sewell.

I think they are still in the mix for Sewell. Swapping 7th rounders for a guy makes it look like a bring him in and hope he develops situation, not a this position is fixed situation.

Hope they skip on him, really want to see them take one of the Alabama WRs to reunite with Tua.

(03-08-2021, 09:53 PM)Synric Wrote: I heard that all the Dolphins did was swap 7th round picks for this year and next year for Isaiah Wilson. That's kinda crazy really.

Kinda makes me wish we could have done that with one of our two 7th rounders this year. Be hard to find a guy with that much potential in round seven even with how much of a headcase Wilson has been.

(03-08-2021, 10:09 PM)pally Wrote: Falcons GM said they were looking at QBs and WRs which doesn't eliminate OL but those really are their biggest needs

Since the Falcons linked to Pitts a few times as well.

If Chase, and Pitts both go before we pick, that really sets up nice for Sewell to fall or a QB to fall and the QB hungry teams will be offering a lot of picks to move up.

Picture this:

Jags - Lawrence
Jets - Chase or trade out or take a QB to replace Darnold? They really are the enigma in this all.
Dolphins - Smith or Waddle for Tua or Chase if the Jets pass.
Falcons - Pitts

Do you take Sewell or does some team lose their mind and overpay to come up and get their choice at QB.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Our best option is probably to still trade down a few spots and collect more 2nd and 3rd round picks and then draft the best OL there in the 1st (probably Tucker or Darrisaw).
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 12:30 AM)pulses Wrote: Our best option is probably to still trade down a few spots and collect more 2nd and 3rd round picks and then draft the best OL there in the 1st (probably Tucker or Darrisaw).

I agree but just the thought of having Sewell protecting Burrow makes me super pumped too
Reply/Quote
Pretty jealous of the Dolphins. They have been making a lot of savvy moves lately. I doubt this takes them out of the Sewell picture. But the way they have been wheeling and dealing. They are most likely going to rob someone in a trade back.
Reply/Quote
1.) I highly doubt that this takes Sewell out of the running @3

2.) Even if Sewell makes it past Miami @3 the Falcons will either trade out to a team that wants him or take him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Wilson has all pro talent but his NFL comp is Mark Walton.
Reply/Quote