Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dominating victory
(10-01-2016, 05:53 PM)Beaker Wrote: To this sentiment...and not necessarily you in particular, I offer this:

People seem to forget how much different this team is than last year's.  We have a new OC, 5 new position coaches, a new RT, and basically a new WR corp save AJ Green. We also suffered alot of training camp injuries causing guys to miss valuable reps together. We also started the season with 2 games on the road, in NY on the anniversary of 9/11 against a jets team with a very good DL, then in pittsburgh. We came home to play the defending SB champs with one of the best D's in the league, then bounced right into a primetime game on only 4 days rest. Through all that, we were missing Burfict for 3/4 of it, and Eifert for all of it.

All that said, we have come through that at 2-2. Take away the refs cutting our drive short in pittsburgh, and three dropped INTs against denver (two of which allowed them to continue drives for TDs), and I'd say we came through a storm in ok shape. 

We are used to the Bengals starting out fast in September....but then usually hanging on at the end of the season. Maybe this year we start slow, the OL gels, things come together, and we are firing on all cylinders come playoffs.

I say, remember from where we are coming this year. Have patience and believe that the system works.

Just my take. 

Spot. And On. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote