Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dominique Easley worked out for Bengals
Quote:Defensive tackle Dominique Easley hasn’t landed a new job since being released by the Patriots this offseason, but he’s reportedly spent some time trying to convince teams to bring him on board.

Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald reports that Easley, a 2014 first-round pick, worked out for the Bengals recently. Howe reports Easley has also worked out for other unnamed teams and Falcons coach Dan Quinn said that he’s spoken to a player he coached at the University of Florida.

It’s not clear exactly when the Bengals spoke to Easley. They had decent depth at defensive tackle heading into the draft and added Andrew Billings with a fourth-round pick that some think was a steal given Billings’ play in college.

Easley had good moments when he was on the field for the Patriots, although injuries kept him out of 10 games during his first two seasons with the team. There was also talk of issues with Easley in the locker room after his release, although the Patriots haven’t shared anything about their reasons for parting ways with Easley so soon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/08/report-dominique-easley-worked-out-for-bengals/
Reply/Quote
Just saw that. I would say he's a quality player who is worth a look, but do we really have a spot for him?

Maybe he could play some DE? PFR lists him at 6'2" and 288 lbs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Many folks were clamoring for Easley a couple years ago. The dude just can't stay healthy
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's him or Hunt.

I'll easily choose Easley.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2016, 06:27 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: It's him or Hunt.

I'll easily choose Easley.

What has Easley done to lead you to make this choice?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2016, 08:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What has Easley done to lead you to make this choice?

He's had twice as many tackles, assists, and sacks as Hunt and is 4 years his junior.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 12:19 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: He's had twice as many tackles, assists, and sacks as Hunt and is 4 years his junior.

Well....I would say those are all excellent points. lol...What does it hurt to sign a former first round pick that is still young and see what they can do. Worst case scenario is you cut the guy or guys. Give me Easley, Werner, Hardy, and Oakman. Any of these guys can compete with the Defensive Linemen that are already here. Best guys win the jobs.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 12:19 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: He's had twice as many tackles, assists, and sacks as Hunt and is 4 years his junior.

Lol. That was easy.

Btw, it's more like 6x as many sacks.  Smirk
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 11:12 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lol. That was easy.

and more picks...

Big Grin
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't have a problem with Easley if he can pass a physical.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Sure, why not? Worst case scenario, it doesn't work out and you cut your ties.

If he can stay healthy, I actually really like Easley. Liked him a lot coming out of college. His biggest concern in injuries. Apparently also locker room problems but no idea what they're about.

We have the depth. I like Easley over Sims, Thompson, Williams, Hunt, and Clarke anyway.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 11:12 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lol. That was easy.

25  tackles, 7 assists, 3 sacks for Easley

-VS-

12 tackles, 3 assists, 1.5 sacks for Hunt
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 06:41 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: 25  tackles, 7 assists, 3 sacks for Easley

-VS-

12 tackles, 3 assists, 1.5 sacks for Hunt

You're right, my mistake. I was thinking of Damontre Moore, who also has a thread going.
Reply/Quote
If this guy could ever stay healthy he could be good.

Dunlap says he is explosive.
Reply/Quote
Easley signed a one year deal with the Rams. Would have been worth a look in camp but if there was no intention for him to play Defensive End here then I understand why he wasn't signed. Still would look to see us add a Defensive End to give us a more proven rotational player but Greg Hardy is about all that is left for that need and I don't see us signing him with his baggage.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Nope we would have lost one of our precious Comp picks for a dude with bad knees.. We don't really need to sign anyone else, and the possibility of having two more 4th and two more 5th rounders next season is pretty appealing. I don't want to sign anyone unless they are going to be a major contributor. Easley may not have made it past the preseason.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2016, 01:12 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Nope we would have lost one of our precious Comp picks for a dude with bad knees.. We don't really need to sign anyone else, and the possibility of having two more 4th and two more 5th rounders next season is pretty appealing. I don't want to sign anyone unless they are going to be a major contributor. Easley may not have made it past the preseason.

Not sure if this is serious or not.

Anyways, Easley's deal with the Rams in 1 yr/$600,000. No guarantees, incentives, or bonuses.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote