Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don’t freak out if….
(03-20-2022, 08:42 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I hope everyone realized Garrett will be over Jonah, not Collins.

Good news is we can slide help to Jonah now with Collins on the other side.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:36 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I remember when they used to have Whitworth and good to great OL in their prime and they'd kind of squander it by starting Russel Bodine at center.  If they're stubborn and hard headed about things, that pattern may repeat with the LG spot.  I'd hope that they stomp on the gas pedal and refuse to anoint Carman a starter until he has soundly earned it.  I hope that he does work out as a pro, I just haven't seen enough evidence to convince me that he will as of yet.

They're at a good spot in the draft where they can pretty much go BPA.  I'd like to see some more vet presence at LG, CB2, maybe EDGE, but the draft should be wide open either way.

Pretty much but I expect it’s a corner. Now if Zion Johnson falls there or he’s available and they are able to move up a little darn sure do it. But corner is the only weak spot now. At #31 if they are through a corner but a DT isn’t bad either. Like you said BPA. But it ought to be defense concentration in this draft
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:42 PM)samhain Wrote: I think a receiver at 31 is highly possible, and I'm pretty okay with it.

I'm okay with it too. That's the luxury of filling holes in free agency. There's an argument to be made that replacing Boyd is a need (for next year). Also with Burrow why not continue to load up on receiver. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Miles Garrett when asked to line up on the left side when playing the Bengals. 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611db05cdb69c9eaa3d31...y.gif&ct=g]

The gif of the Beers episode on snl cut for time lol
Reply/Quote
Sign Spain now.He’s a proven,battle tested,Veteran.I don’t trust Carman,Adeniji,Smith,at all.They haven’t proven themselves.So far,they are just liabilities to this OL.I wouldn’t take any chances.As far as I’m concerned they are backup material at best,unless they prove otherwise.We need a WIN NOW OL.I’m not satisfied that they have gone all out on this OL yet,until they secure the LG position with an at least average to above LG.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:34 PM)TKUHL Wrote: 1. Bring back Reiff just in case.

2. Sign Jarvis Landry for returns. Just under 30, has the hands and speed and is durable missing only one game in 7 years before getting injured last year.

Jarvis Landry is not going to sign to be a returner and #4 receiver.  Browns want to bring him back on a new contract.  He will have other options

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Zion Johnson looks to be going now somewhere in the vicinity of #31. By all means lock him up. Swap picks and give them a third rounder to move up if you have to.. Otherwise BPA
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:42 PM)samhain Wrote: I think a receiver at 31 is highly possible, and I'm pretty okay with it.

I disagree.  We're not replacing Chase or Higgins and are very unlikely to replace Boyd.  Why waste a 1st round pick on someone who would be a backup.  I see a DB as the most likely choice unless someone surprisingly falls to 31.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
3 key players in the middle of our D are free agents after this year. Bates, Bell, and Pratt. Don't be surprised if we get some depth lined up and ready to take the torch.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:27 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: 2) Don’t freak out if we draft a receiver early. Even the first round. I know some will probably blow a gasket but with the FA they just put up we don’t have any urgent needs. CB would be nice (still think we sign one more), DT depth, TE to develop, etc are all positions we will look for, but we’ll be fine without them if we go BPA.

I would be in the freak out column if we drafted a WR in rd #1. Your right we have opened up the draft with our free agency so far and I agree on the need for a 4th WR. But in my opinion if we are gonna take one early we would need to trade out of the 1st and pick up 2 extra day 2 picks. Then we could get a WR in say Rd 2 but also add some defensive depth.
Reply/Quote

2. Sign Jarvis Landry for returns. Just under 30, has the hands and speed and is durable missing only one game in 7 years before getting injured last year.

Reiff as a swing Tackle would be wonderful.

Landry is not happening. I Don’t want, nor do the bengals need him. He is going to command at least 10m/year. If I’m wrong and he takes less, sure bring him in, but having a duplicate boyd as an insurance policy doesn’t do anything.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 09:27 PM)pally Wrote: Jarvis Landry is not going to sign to be a returner and #4 receiver.  Browns want to bring him back on a new contract.  He will have other options

Life without boyd is coming soon. In 2 years, life without Higgins and boyd could happen. I wouldn’t be opposed to planning on that sooner than later, if the right player is there. As long as we go BPa, I’m all for it.
Reply/Quote

I've been open to and still am to bringing back Spain for cheap and have him either be depth and decent LG if needed. I've also thought about trying to resign Reiff as a swing tackle. But I wonder if he would be open to play LG and maybe his value could go up to us if he would eliminate the need for Spain if he becomes our depth/starter at LG.
Reply/Quote
Offense: Burrow; Mixon; Chase, Higgins, Boyd; Hurst; J. Williams, Carman, Karras, Cappa, Collins.

Defense: Hendrickson, Reader, BJ Hill, Hubbard; Wilson, Pratt; Awuzie, Apple, Hilton; Bell, Bates.

Aside from the OL, Hurst for CJ and BJ Hill for Ogunjobi are the only changes. Certainly, we could use some more depth. And we may have to make some painful decisions after this year, and need to mind that in the draft. But there are only a few spots where I could see a rookie starting:

IOL: If Linderbaum (Karras to LG) or Green/Johnson are there at 31, we'd have to look long and hard at that. No offense to Carman or Karras.

LB: Like at IOL, if Nakobe Dean is there at #31, we might have to pull the trigger.

CB. It is a pretty deep class at corner. If Booth, Elam, McCreary, or one of the Huskie corners fall to us, I could see them beating out Apple. But maybe not. Eli is a first round guy, too.

Punter. We have Chrisman signed. Huber faded late last year. One of the punters set an NCAA record for punting this year. Would not rule it out late on day 3.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:03 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I've been open to and still am to bringing back Spain for cheap and have him either be depth and decent LG if needed. I've also thought about trying to resign Reiff as a swing tackle. But I wonder if he would be open to play LG and maybe his value could go up to us if he would eliminate the need for Spain if he becomes our depth/starter at LG.

Has reiff ever played G? They say it’s easier to transition from T to G, but at 33/34, I wonder if that is true.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:00 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Life without boyd is coming soon.  In 2 years, life without Higgins and boyd could happen.  I wouldn’t be opposed to planning on that sooner than later, if the right player is there.  As long as we go BPa, I’m all for it.

Dotson from Penn State is pretty electric and returns kicks. If Jameson Williams is there at #31 we'd have to think about it. 

But there is usually good WR depth in Rd 2 (Boyd, Higgins, etc). 
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:08 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Has reiff ever played G?  They say it’s easier to transition from T to G, but at 33/34, I wonder if that is true.

I'm not sure. I just always hear its easier. Ideally he wouldn't be our starter but if he could and or was willing to than that gives us alot of positional depth in just one player. It was just something I hadn't thought of before.
Reply/Quote
Let Allen and Browning compete for the QB2 spot.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:13 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm not sure. I just always hear its easier. Ideally he wouldn't be our starter but if he could and or was willing to than that gives us alot of positional depth in just one player. It was just something I hadn't thought of before.

I’m all for it. I remember when steinbach had to play center bc Brahm got hurt. I just don’t know how realistic it would be for Reiff. I still like him as a swing tackle to protect against an injury to either tackle, as I doubt we get 34 starts between the two (that’s just life of the NFL)
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:15 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Let Allen and Browning compete for the QB2 spot.
Outside of newton, wouldn’t it be nice to have any of the below?

Ryan Fitzpatrick QB 39 WAS TBD -
Andy Dalton QB 34 CHI TBD -
Cam Newton QB 32 CAR TBD -
Jameis Winston QB 28 NO TBD -
Marcus Mariota QB 28 LV TBD
Reply/Quote