Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don Rickles Passes Away at 90 Years Old
http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/06/don-rickles-dead-dies/

I put that here to point out people getting offended these days (over say a Pepsi commercial) while this guy was calling a spade a spade for 50 years on stage and television.

#toosoon.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Love Don Rickles. I remember watching him on The Tonight Show and he was talking shit about Ed, calling him a drunk, on the air. Compared to modern standards he wasn't super edgy, but for back then he was out of control. Sad to see him go.
Reply/Quote
Always loved the old hockey puck !
He and Red Buttons were always my favorites on the Celebrity Roasts.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 06:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Love Don Rickles.  I remember watching him on The Tonight Show and he was talking shit about Ed, calling him a drunk, on the air.  Compared to modern standards he wasn't super edgy, but for back then he was out of control.  Sad to see him go.

He was truly funny, without being offensive or shocking.  Not sure I've seen anyone else able to be that personal and ruthless without being mean-spirited.

I think he'd deserve to be up on that Mt. Rushmore of comedians.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
He was the king of the roast for sure. Funny, funny guy.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He was best friends with Bob Newhart. Their families vacationed together and all sorts of stuff like that.

Can you imagin how great it would have been to just hang out with guys like that.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 09:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He was best friends with Bob Newhart.  Their families vacationed together and all sorts of stuff like that.

Can you imagin how great it would have been to just hang out with guys like that.

Yeah that would be pretty awesome.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 06:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Love Don Rickles.  I remember watching him on The Tonight Show and he was talking shit about Ed, calling him a drunk, on the air.  Compared to modern standards he wasn't super edgy, but for back then he was out of control.  Sad to see him go.

He was great on there because he wouldn't hesitate to give Carson shit, too, and Johnny loved it.  Funny, funny guy.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
"Rickle's book" is a great read. RIP
Reply/Quote
RIP
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 03:48 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: "Rickle's book" is a great read.   RIP

biography?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote