Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Don't Count KC a Loss Just Yet
Seems in multiple threads people are already counting on KC being a loss for the Bengals. Well, I have hope we can win that game with KC having some issues at the moment. I know it is a tough task to beat KC at home, but the Bengals have done it before. I'm counting on Browning playing the game of his life and Mahomes having the worst game of his life against our defense. What do others think?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I honestly think that the Browns will be the toughest game the rest of the season. I think KC is beatable, but they still have talent with a good QB and coach. They still have Kelce and we're still not very good vs TE. I really think it's a toss-up but going in KC's favor still. We need to hope that both our defense and offense can stay consistent. The more teams see how the offense plays with Browning at helm the more they'll be able to scheme around it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
One game at a time

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I’m not. We can beat them.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Vikings are the priority

Wont even look at the Chiefs until then.

We lose against Minny and the Chiefs game doesnt matter.

Dont get ahead of yourself cause you are gonna be super disappointed if we lose against Minny
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Yes, Vikings first. They better plays lights out against them to get a win. And don't overlook the Browns with old vet Joe Flacco he is looking pretty solid lately.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 12:20 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Seems in multiple threads people are already counting on KC being a loss for the Bengals. Well, I have hope we can win that game with KC having some issues at the moment. I know it is a tough task to beat KC at home, but the Bengals have done it before. I'm counting on Browning playing the game of his life and Mahomes having the worst game of his life against our defense. What do others think?

I'm not looking that far out , one game at a time but odds are not in our favor but we have closed gap it seems with our recent play
Reply/Quote
Let's play em' one game at a time. Today is Vikings. Then you know who. Then Chiefs. Then that city Sam Wyche said we don't live in. But I'm not the one who gave you one star, I don't know who it is making a career out of doing that on this site to almost everybody.

GO BENGALS......Beat Vikings.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 02:51 AM)Housh Wrote: Vikings are the priority

Wont even look at the Chiefs until then.

We lose against Minny and the Chiefs game doesnt matter.

Dont get ahead of yourself cause you are gonna be super disappointed if we lose against Minny

You’re right and wrong.

Right, Vikings are the priority today.
Wrong, Technically a loss today would effect us the least out of the four games remaining… however it’s the most winnable. If the bengals drop today, the chiefs game does matter as does the rest. Your error for margin is gone and the bengals would have to finish 3-0. Winning today does make finishing 2-1 (and not 3-0) much more attainable.
Reply/Quote
The good news is KC is not as good. I know that ruins so many’s mantra on here that their FO and Andy Reid are so much better than Doug and Zac. Many predicted that their tackle play would suffer as their moves in the off season were suspect. And those that said we don’t need Chase & Tee both…. look at KC!!!. Toney & Tyreek Hill say a big hi!

The bottom line is they are averaging 7 points less than last year. They have scored less than 20 points in 6 games. Cincy only 5 with an injured QB. Pat Mahomes has played every snap.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 12:50 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I honestly think that the Browns will be the toughest game the rest of the season. I think KC is beatable, but they still have talent with a good QB and coach. They still have Kelce and we're still not very good vs TE. I really think it's a toss-up but going in KC's favor still. We need to hope that both our defense and offense can stay consistent. The more teams see how the offense plays with Browning at helm the more they'll be able to scheme around it.

The Browns have had so many season-ending injuries on offense and defense, as well as ones that just went on IR for 4 weeks, that they should be a shadow of the team played at the beginning of the season.

Here's who would not be available the final game of the season:
QB Desaun Watson
OT Jedrick Willis
OT Dawand Jones
RT Conklin
Chubb RB
WR Grant
DT Hurst
S Delpit
LB Phillips
S McLeod

There are others besides this. My hope is the Browns lose a number of the games of these final 4 and fall out of playoff competition
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 12:47 PM)Nepa Wrote: The Browns have had so many season-ending injuries on offense and defense, as well as ones that just went on IR for 4 weeks, that they should be a shadow of the team played at the beginning of the season.

Here's who would not be available the final game of the season:
QB Desaun Watson
OT Jedrick Willis
OT Dawand Jones
RT Conklin
Chubb RB
WR Grant
DT Hurst
S Delpit
LB Phillips
S McLeod

There are others besides this. My hope is the Browns lose a number of the games of these final 4 and fall out of playoff competition

Until Garrett is on this list - nothing to see here

Also — Flacco when ON - is trouble. He can be a solid QB as we know.
Reply/Quote
Reading and engaging on sports message boards over 25 years and I still find it weird that fans think it is an issue for posters to discuss future games as if what we say has ANY impact on the team.

Reply/Quote
One thing about the KC game. The Chiefs play a 1pm game on Christmas Day. The Bengals play a game almost 48 hours earlier, on Saturday. Although the Chiefs get to play at home, the Bengals will have significantly more time to prepare for the game.
Reply/Quote
Ummmm...playing the Squealers. Not even thinking KC, yet.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 06:06 PM)Nepa Wrote: One thing about the KC game. The Chiefs play a 1pm game on Christmas Day. The Bengals play a game almost 48 hours earlier, on Saturday. Although the Chiefs get to play at home, the Bengals will have significantly more time to prepare for the game.

And rest their bodies. So important this late in the year.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 06:13 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Ummmm...playing the Squealers.  Not even thinking KC, yet.

I would expect the team does that. But I'm just a fan.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 12:20 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Seems in multiple threads people are already counting on KC being a loss for the Bengals. Well, I have hope we can win that game with KC having some issues at the moment. I know it is a tough task to beat KC at home, but the Bengals have done it before. I'm counting on Browning playing the game of his life and Mahomes having the worst game of his life against our defense. What do others think?

Oh we can definitely beat the Chiefs, we are playing better than they are right now and we always play them tough. I have not been impressed
with the Chiefs lately. Our team on the other hand has crazy fight in them right now and have won 3 games in a row and if we take care of pitt 
on Saturday we would be really hot going into Arrowhead.
Reply/Quote
Anything is possible.

But it won't matter until we beat Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 07:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Oh we can definitely beat the Chiefs, we are playing better than they are right now and we always play them tough. I have not been impressed
with the Chiefs lately. Our team on the other hand has crazy fight in them right now and have won 3 games in a row and if we take care of pitt 
on Saturday we would be really hot going into Arrowhead.

Steelers look like a dumpster fire right now. They're on their third-string QB and, with things like Trubisky blaming Picket for that interception, they just seem like a dumpster fire, which is unusual considering they're supposed to be the "model franchise."

I'm looking forward to it, and we're actually 1.5 point favorites!

As for the Chiefs, it just seems like they're falling off and losing team morale, starting with Pat. It will still be a tough game going into Arrowhead, but I think we can take care of business. 
Reply/Quote