Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Don't Count KC a Loss Just Yet
(12-19-2023, 07:26 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Anything is possible.

But it won't matter until we beat Pittsburgh.

It's Steeler Week.  Nothing else matters.  Personally, I want to ick them while there down.  But, you don't know what you're going to get with them.  They are indeed a dumpster fire.  But, who knows how they'll respond to all this adversity. I mean, they're out of the playoffs, so all they're playing for is there job next year and tape for wherever they land in the off--season.  And, they are playing the Bengals, the class of the division the last few years, so who knows how they respond to that?
Reply/Quote
Way back on November 26, still digesting Thanksgiving leftovers, we had just lost to Pittsburgh and were 5-6.   We were talking about having to win 5/6 to even sniff the playoffs, with a long gauntlet of teams before us and maybe a one-game margin of error.  Yet, here we are just three short weeks later on a three-game winning streak and that one-game allowance still secured in our back pocket. Do we have to spend it Saturday?  Perhaps, but if we hold onto it for just one more week, we just need a split in the final two games to get to the 10-7 record that seemed like sheer fantasy just a few weeks ago.  

So, I am not writing off the KC game because I wrote this team off once before only to have them prove me wrong, so I won't do so again so lightly.  And, in the immortal words of Hans Gruber: It's Christmas, Theo.  It's the time of miracles, so be of good cheer.

[Image: diehard1.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
My only concern for the KC game is they're the only good offense left on our schedule and our defense has sucked for most of the season. That said, KC's offense has not played up to par even against bad defense so as long as Browning can keep the magic alive, we have a chance at beating KC.

But, first, I want Browning to just totally destroy Pittsburgh to make up for his first start against them.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote