Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Expect Both Nelson and Iloka to be back.
(03-06-2016, 02:27 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Just read the mock draft on the Bengals.com website. Now, while they say they go by the board and BPA.. I find it fishy that the bengals mock drafts on their websites have been eerily close to our drafts... The year we drafted Eifert, Hobson had us slotted to take him. Last year, Hobson picked us to take Jake Fisher in their mock draft, and we see how that turned out.

They are now putting us down as taking S Vonn Bell from Ohio State. This tells me that the team expects both safetys to walk this offseason and they aren't going to pay the money to retain them. It means we will have Shawn Williams starting with a rookie or FA.

To me, this is lame. The writing is on the wall when Hobson releases their mock drafts on Bengals.com though. Bad safety play heading our way, which means worse Kirkpatrick play coming as well. I expect a huge drop in our secondary this upcoming season, which is upsetting as it was one of our strengths last season.

The last two mock drafts that Hobson did, he had us taking Jordan Phillips, DT. And this was even right before the draft.

Bengals didn't draft a DT until the late 4th round.

Take his mocks with a grain of salt.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 09:53 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: The last two mock drafts that Hobson did, he had us taking Jordan Phillips, DT. And this was even right before the draft.

Bengals didn't draft a DT until the late 4th round.

Take his mocks with a grain of salt.

Agreed on the grain of salt with Hobson. His mocks are always scattered.

Keep this in mind when it comes to Hobson, if our next 5 first round picks looked like this:

2016: CB
2017: CB
2018: CB
2019: CB
2020: CB

He would deem that a success.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
It's no secret that the Bengals put a huge premium on drafting CBs. I'm betting on CB being a first-round pick unless the Bengals lose out on both MLJ and Sanu. Even if the Bengals were to bring in a vet FA WR, it probably wouldn't be someone that the Bengals could count on as a legit WR2 for 3+ years. Probably more of a 1-2 year stopgap.
I also don't see Sanu as a long-term WR2 and think that if he's retained, a true WR2 needs to be found.

So I'm thinking 1st round WR unless MLJ re-signed. Otherwise, 1st round CB likely. Seeing a DT selected in the 1st would be very surprising (but in a good way).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote