Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Don't Focus on the schedule. We need the Division! Ok
Tiger

Lets not get caught up in the prime time games.
The only way to do this with our cards is to win the division. Don't look at the Dallas game because it doesn't help us this time! Its all about the divisional games this season folks. WE HAVE TO WIN THE AFCN!! OK
Its all about division this season and once we do that we will see were the chips fall. Now you'll say its about that every year and I understand. If you look at the last 8 games of this schedule I'll challenge you that this year is different.
We have to handle AFCN BUSINESS FIRST!
No I'm not wrong. Its not a popular position to take in May after a draft and I respect all opinions but lets talk again in November week 8-9.

https://youtu.be/8N4-0OaFB-c
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 02:50 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

The only way to do this with our cards is to win the division. Don't look at the Dallas game because it doesn't help us this time! Its all about the divisional games this season folks. WE HAVE TO WIN THE AFCN!! OK
Its all about division this season and once we do that we will see were the chips fall. Now you'll say its about that every year and I understand. If you look at the last 8 games of this schedule I'll challenge you that this year is different.
No I'm not wrong. Its not a popular position to take in May after a draft and I respect all opinions but lets talk again in November week 8-9.

I'm not going to see the field so is it alright if I focus on certain games?
Reply/Quote
I'm going to focus on not answering the phone during games unless they're getting their asses handed to them and then I'll answer if i feel like it.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 02:50 AM)Emeritus Wrote:  Don't look at the Dallas game because it doesn't help us this time!

Doesn't the team with the most victories win the division?

Doesn't every game count in the standings?

Also in 2020 Brady and the Bucs didn't win their division, but they walked away with the Lombardi Trophy.

So I am not getting the point of this post at all.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 10:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Doesn't the team with the most victories win the division?

Also in 2020 Brady and the Bucs didn't win their division, but they walked away with the Lombardi Trophy.

Cowboys were the ONLY team in the league to sweep their division. That and a dull, rusty razor blade gave them a close, comfortable shave, right?  Hilarious
If the Bengals can't win it all I'm rooting for the Lions to have a miracle year..  Mellow

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 02:50 AM)Emeritus Wrote: No I'm not wrong.

Yes. Yes you are wrong. You worry about all of the games. Win the most games, division or not, win the division.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 02:50 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Ya know......the Dallas Cowsh*tters swept their division and got to celebrate that and that alone.. a little known fact that I remind my daughter of every chance I get since she's a Dallas fan for some unknown damned reason.. 

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 10:33 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yes. Yes you are wrong. You worry about all of the games. Win the most games, division or not,  win the division.

This.

From the moment the AFCC ended and the AFCN began, the divisional record lost it's weight.  A team can both make the playoffs and win their division at 11-6 without winning a single divisional game.  In fact, the 2010 Raiders went 6-0 in the AFCW and failed to make the post season.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 10:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Doesn't the team with the most victories win the division?

You think the Bengals are locking a WC spot with how stacked the AFC is right now? 

AFC West has to kill each other, but their schedule is kind of cake aside from that.

Colts play in the AFC S against a Titans team on the decline. If Pederson turns Jax around, then the race to the AFC S title could be interesting but Texans and are going to be free for a year.

New England should improve assuming Mac Jones progresses.

If the Bengals don't take the division there's a good chance they're going home early. Seems like everyone improved except Kansas City maybe and the Bengals have a tough stretch after the bye.
Reply/Quote
I'm going to focus on the cheerleaders. Cool
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 03:20 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: You think the Bengals are locking a WC spot with how stacked the AFC is right now? 

Uh, no.  I never said anything like that.

I just pointed out that every game counts when it comes to winning the division.  And the exact same thing applies to getting a wild card spot.  Going 6-0 in the division does not guarantee a division title or a wild card.

Get it now?
Reply/Quote
Damned..If we had only signed an entire team of probowl starters in their prime for really low contracts, but since we didn't I guess we'll pick number one over all next year.. Just because we almost won the superbowl obviously means they suck and don't have a prayer this year..  Sad
On the bright side since we'll pick number one over all we can pick a punter and long snapper numbers 1 & 2!  ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 03:20 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: You think the Bengals are locking a WC spot with how stacked the AFC is right now? 

AFC West has to kill each other, but their schedule is kind of cake aside from that.

Colts play in the AFC S against a Titans team on the decline. If Pederson turns Jax around, then the race to the AFC S title could be interesting but Texans and are going to be free for a year.

New England should improve assuming Mac Jones progresses.

If the Bengals don't take the division there's a good chance they're going home early. Seems like everyone improved except Kansas City maybe and the Bengals have a tough stretch after the bye.

Tiger
Thank you sir
Reply/Quote
Bengals going forward in the Joe Burrow era only needs a W/C game. While home field would be nice he's proved this year it's not going to matter.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
The sky is definitely falling. Give up before your heads are all in the clouds!  Shocked

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 03:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Uh, no.  I never said anything like that.

I just pointed out that every game counts when it comes to winning the division.  And the exact same thing applies to getting a wild card spot.  Going 6-0 in the division does not guarantee a division title or a wild card.

Get it now?
Tiger

My point is that this particular year winning the division could either get us a playoff spot or have us on the outside looking in. All games matter in the win/ lost column. This year in the AFC you can go 11-6 and miss the dance that was my reasoning.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 06:29 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

My point is that this particular year winning the division could either get us a playoff spot or have us on the outside looking in. All games matter in the win/ lost column. This year in the AFC you can go 11-6 and miss the dance that was my reasoning.

Winning the division will never have us on the outside looking in...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 09:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not going to see the field so is it alright if I focus on certain games?

absolutely not, I don't want to even see you on the field at the SB halftime show.

One game at a time bro... stay focused Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 10:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So I am not getting the point of this post at all.

That's nothing new
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 07:17 PM)jason Wrote: Winning the division will never have us on the outside looking in...

I had to read the OP's post 3 times and still I am like, HuH?
Reply/Quote