Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Forget About This One
This is one of my favorite mock draft sites.

http://www.first-pick.com/

Here is my first go round. Made 2 trades. It is tempting to keep trading back. Especially when Cleveland offered their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th for 24. Then I moved back a few spots in the 6th to get an extra 7th rounder. Ahh, dreams...

Your score is: 7501 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 1 (CLE): Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State (B)
Round 2 Pick 24: Jaylon Smith, OLB/ILB, Notre Dame (A)
Round 3 Pick 2 (CLE): Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 3 Pick 24: Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech (B+)
Round 4 Pick 1 (CLE): Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 4 Pick 24: Roberto Aguayo, K, Florida State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 22: Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State (A)
Round 6 Pick 27 (G.B.): Graham Glasgow, C, Michigan (F)
Round 7 Pick 24: Morgan Burns, CB, Kansas State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 27 (G.B.): Jacoby Brissett, QB, NC State (B)
Reply/Quote
I would be absolutely happy with this draft.

We get a decent corner in Eli Apple who can help us since we have a lot of secondary players that are going to be FAs. I doubt Jaylon Smith drops to Round 2 but if he does, I would absolutely snag him for sure. Will Fuller is a great pick in 3rd round and amazing pick for Vernon Butler in 3rd round, impressed me in Senior Bowl. Roberto Aguayo can hopefully be the replacement of Nuge after like 6 years. I do like the Braxton Miller pick but I personally think you took too many WRs unless you're projecting MJ & Mo to leave?
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2016, 05:51 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I would be absolutely happy with this draft.

We get a decent corner in Eli Apple who can help us since we have a lot of secondary players that are going to be FAs. I doubt Jaylon Smith drops to Round 2 but if he does, I would absolutely snag him for sure. Will Fuller is a great pick in 3rd round and amazing pick for Vernon Butler in 3rd round, impressed me in Senior Bowl. Roberto Aguayo can hopefully be the replacement of Nuge after like 6 years. I do like the Braxton Miller pick but I personally think you took too many WRs unless you're projecting MJ & Mo to leave?

Was pretty much just playing around. But i think it will be really hard to keep Marvin Jones. He will most likely be the #1 wr in this free agent class. And they get stupid money. Hopefully we can at least keep Sanu. But even then if it AJ and Sanu all we have is a couple 7th rounders who are unproven behind them. If there is an obvious best player available pick that happens to be a WR even though we already took one i would hope we double dip.

In this scenario with all the extra picks i wouldnt mind 3. If we stay with 7 picks i dont think it is crazy to think 2 of those picks are WR if the talent matches the pick.
Reply/Quote
I want Aguayo. Tired of biting my nails whenever we need a clutch kick. Give me Mr Automatic. Even if we have to spend a mid round pick on him.
Reply/Quote
I love first-pick, it's fun to see what you might come up with. I'll do one and post what I come up with.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2016, 08:16 PM)Crowe Wrote: I love first-pick, it's fun to see what you might come up with. I'll do one and post what I come up with.

This was done with no trades.

Round 1 Pick 24: Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor (A)

Round 2 Pick 24: Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA (A+)
Round 3 Pick 24: Deion Jones, OLB, LSU (A+)
Round 4 Pick 24: Roberto Aguayo, K, Florida State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 22: Briean Boddy-Calhoun, CB, Minnesota (A-)
Round 6 Pick 24: Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 24: Graham Glasgow, C, Michigan (F)
Reply/Quote