Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Get Overconfident. It's Cleveland
(10-23-2016, 10:25 PM)Whatever Wrote: To be fair, we don't really have a LB athletic enough to effectively spy a running QB.

Agree.... But, let's get creative.  We are talking about the Browns 5th/6th qb this year. Before Kessler went down this #8 would come in and EVERY time the was in they would run.  He didn't pass until Kessler got hurt.  Of course they would be forced to throw it then, but clearly not well.  If you don't have a LB who can spy a qb who can't throw (this isn't Russell Wilson) play with 3 safeties, or just do a cover 1 with the other safety spying.

We are talking basic defense here, nothing creative. Put a guy on a guy and play gosh darn football. How can you let a qb run so freely and the cutback by a RB, every time. Good thing the offense was able to score at halftime and respond after their 28 yard scramble. Because if either of those don't happen... Could have been a different outcome with piss pore peewee defense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 12:40 AM)BengalChris Wrote: We're actually a game and a half out. The Steelers have that extra 1/2 game because they beat us.

But, yes, it was Cleveland not a team with a win.

Fix in bold. Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 12:40 AM)BengalChris Wrote: We're actually a game and a half out. The Steelers have that extra 1/2 game because they beat us.

But, yes, it was Cleveland not a team with a winning record.

well beating us gives them a edge in division but i would not say 1/2 game edge.. we could get swept by them by Pittsburgh but if we ended up 4-2 in division and they ended up 3-3 in division we win division if we both end up with same record say 10-6
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 08:40 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Agree.... But, let's get creative.  We are talking about the Browns 5th/6th qb this year. Before Kessler went down this #8 would come in and EVERY time the was in they would run.  He didn't pass until Kessler got hurt.  Of course they would be forced to throw it then, but clearly not well.  If you don't have a LB who can spy a qb who can't throw (this isn't Russell Wilson) play with 3 safeties, or just do a cover 1 with the other safety spying.

We are talking basic defense here, nothing creative.  Put a guy on a guy and play gosh darn football.  How can you let a qb run so freely and the cutback by a RB, every time.  Good thing the offense was able to score at halftime and respond after their 28 yard scramble.  Because if either of those don't happen... Could have been a different outcome with piss pore peewee defense.

3 safeties leaves you more vulnerable to the inside run.  Cover 1 leaves you more vulnerable to getting beat over the top.  

It is the Browns, but their guys are getting paid to play, too.  They are going to have some success, particularly in a rivalry game.  17 points allowed is a good defensive effort in today's NFL.  It's not a huge deal that they had one play that was particularly effective when they were shut down in most all other facets.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 12:43 PM)Whatever Wrote: 3 safeties leaves you more vulnerable to the inside run.  Cover 1 leaves you more vulnerable to getting beat over the top.  

It is the Browns, but their guys are getting paid to play, too.  They are going to have some success, particularly in a rivalry game.  17 points allowed is a good defensive effort in today's NFL.  It's not a huge deal that they had one play that was particularly effective when they were shut down in most all other facets.

The bengals are not getting beat over the top against him. If this was Russell Wilson or cam newton i agree, then it's a different situation.  

The bengals better figure it out because tyrod Taylor is more mobile and has one of the best deep balls in the nfl
Reply/Quote
Well we DID beat the Browns which by default makes the Bengals the greatest team in the entire history of competition.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 09:53 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Run blocking, pass protection, no routes over the middle, bad placekicking, Russ Bodine out of position, Cedric Ogbuehi out to lunch, dropping intercepted balls, not putting a spy on a running quarterback, no blitzes when the front four can't get to the quarterback, shoddy coverage against tight ends in general, Michael Johnson running so slow you can time him with a sundial, poor tackling, stupid brain fart penalties, no punt return threat at all, loose Cover-2 when man coverage is called for, and going to the prevent defense far too early and way too often.

Geesh - you're in for a rude awakening if you think that every game & every play will be perfection. Both sides get paid to play. 

Cheer up!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 09:41 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals won, yes, and now Cincinnati is only a game out of first in the AFC North with the Steelers losing.  However, the win was against the hapless Cleveland Browns who look beyond terrible.  I'm ecstatic any time the Bengals win but let's clean up some dripping messes before going across the pond to face Jay Gruden's Redskins.

I will CHEER I will JUMP UP AND DOWN, I will let my VOICE BE HEARD!!  WE ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!  NO other fan will tell me what I can and can't do when it comes to the BENGALS!!!!  SUPER BOWL BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait we played Cleveland? 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 01:07 PM)Marlon23 Wrote:
I will CHEER I will JUMP UP AND DOWN, I will let my VOICE BE HEARD!!  WE ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!  NO other fan will tell me what I can and can't do when it comes to the BENGALS!!!!  SUPER BOWL BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait we played Cleveland? 

There are several things you can't do when it comes to the Bengals . Try running out during games and standing on the B waving your willie for 20 minutes . You might just be disappointed with how stadium security reacts.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 09:41 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals won, yes, and now Cincinnati is only a game out of first in the AFC North with the Steelers losing.  However, the win was against the hapless Cleveland Browns who look beyond terrible.  I'm ecstatic any time the Bengals win but let's clean up some dripping messes before going across the pond to face Jay Gruden's Redskins.

Yeah, lots to work on that is for sure. But it was nice to actually get something going in the point scoring department.

Should of scored more but the coaches didn't stick to what was working. The slide blocks in the running game do not
work for our RB's or work with Zeitler. Need to get back blocking more physically. This is what OL like to do anyways.

Plus we need to do better stopping the run game, specifically running QB's, Hogan ran all over us.

Speaking of the Redskins, gonna have to block Kerrigan. Dude had a monster game last week.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 01:18 PM)grampahol Wrote: There are several things you can't do when it comes to the Bengals . Try running out during games and standing on the B waving your willie for 20 minutes . You might just be disappointed with how stadium security reacts.. lol

This sounds like a "trust me I know from personal experience" type of story.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 01:18 PM)grampahol Wrote: There are several things you can't do when it comes to the Bengals . Try running out during games and standing on the B waving your willie for 20 minutes . You might just be disappointed with how stadium security reacts.. lol

Careful, more than three minutes of waving is considered playing with it.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

It might not be for 20 minutes but it can be done!!  LOL!!!! LMAO
Reply/Quote