Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Leave us Singing the "Lewis Billups Lament" in Nashville
Folks,  I truly believe this game may come down to a crucial turnover opportunity and the team that takes advantage of that one opportunity may come out the winner.

I believe that Ryan Tannehill will give the Bengals that opportunity. His history shows that he will give you that chance. There will be that one ball or two that is there for the picking. And that one opportunity may swing the game in our favor if it is taken advantage of.

Mention the name "Lewis Billups" and what is the first thing you think of?  The dropped INT in the end zone of a Montana pass that cost the Bengals a superbowl.  We would have been Superbowl XXIII champs had Lewis not dropped that easy pick opportunity.

Sometimes there's that one play that determines whether you move on to the next round or whether you're shutting it down for the season. I really believe that Tannehill will deliver us that one big opportunity to pick off a ball and help send us to the AFC championship. The question is, will we take advantage of that opportunity?

We have seen time and time and time again this season where our guys have dropped huge potential INT's that would have been pick 6's or would have sealed a win for us. This is a game where we will get that chance again but we simply cannot drop the ball.

Agree or disagree???

https://youtu.be/GJFOBI1cZaM
Reply/Quote
They dropped two INTs against Mahommes. I think Tannehill will just try to not lose it for them by throwing in to tight spaces, but will run as much as he has to in order to move the chains.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 02:41 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Folks,  I truly believe this game may come down to a crucial turnover opportunity and the team that takes advantage of that one opportunity may come out the winner.

I believe that Ryan Tannehill will give the Bengals that opportunity. His history shows that he will give you that chance. There will be that one ball or two that is there for the picking. And that one opportunity may swing the game in our favor if it is taken advantage of.

Mention the name "Lewis Billups" and what is the first thing you think of?  The dropped INT in the end zone of a Montana pass that cost the Bengals a superbowl.  We would have been Superbowl XXIII champs had Lewis not dropped that easy pick opportunity.

Sometimes there's that one play that determines whether you move on to the next round or whether you're shutting it down for the season. I really believe that Tannehill will deliver us that one big opportunity to pick off a ball and help send us to the AFC championship. The question is, will we take advantage of that opportunity?

We have seen time and time and time again this season where our guys have dropped huge potential INT's that would have been pick 6's or would have sealed a win for us. This is a game where we will get that chance again but we simply cannot drop the ball.

Agree or disagree???

https://youtu.be/GJFOBI1cZaM

Uggh, dont remind me of Billups would be pick! Its the same as that tackle by Dan Bunz on Charles Alexander (inches from a TD)  in the 1st SB.
 bowl .  Heres my take, if we get out to an early lead I think its light out in TENN. I do not see them mounting some crazy comeback on us.   
Reply/Quote
That Billups drop is a bad memory for all of us. Would have also changed Montanas legacy just a little bit.

Hopefully we won’t have anyone named Lewis associated with this team any more. They just don’t do well for the Bengals in the postseason.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 03:12 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Uggh, dont remind me of Billups would be pick! Its the same as that tackle by Dan Bunz on Charles Alexander (inches from a TD)  in the 1st SB.
 bowl .  Heres my take, if we get out to an early lead I think its light out in TENN. I do not see them mounting some crazy comeback on us.   

I could have sworn it was Reynolds stopping Pete Johnson at the goal line in our 1st SB
Reply/Quote
Yes they have dropped some key ones this year, but it won't compare to the Super Bowl. Personally, I'm already happy with the season. Way beyond anything I thought. I didn't even consider playoffs let alone moving on to the divisional round. The upside is I have zero nerves this week unlike last week.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 04:57 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yes they have dropped some key ones this year, but it won't compare to the Super Bowl.  Personally, I'm already happy with the season.  Way beyond anything I thought.  I didn't even consider playoffs let alone moving on to the divisional round.  The upside is I have zero nerves this week unlike last week.

I've also been more calm as a fan, but not complacent to recognize the moment is still significant and the Bengals have a chance to appear in and win the Super Bowl. It was nice seeing the 30+ year drought end. I was a naysayer who thought they'd finish last in the division and Zac would be fired at season's end. Thus, I'm also super happy with this season, hopeful we win it all, and optimistic about next year and beyond.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 05:00 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I've also been more calm as a fan, but not complacent to recognize the moment is still significant and the Bengals have a chance to appear in and win the Super Bowl. It was nice seeing the 30+ year drought end. I was a naysayer who thought they'd finish last in the division and Zac would be fired at season's end. Thus, I'm also super happy with this season, hopeful we win it all, and optimistic about next year and beyond.

I'm definitely happy to keep on going, and I don't doubt for a second that the players are thinking Super Bowl.  I've been wrong a lot this year so keep it coming.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 04:45 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I could have sworn it was Reynolds stopping Pete Johnson at the goal line in our 1st SB

that happened too...but I would call that again...Pete Johnson was a train, 6-0 and 265 lbs
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 06:34 PM)kalibengal Wrote: that happened too...but I would call that again...Pete Johnson was a train, 6-0 and 265 lbs

The best thing Pete Johnson ever did was being traded for James Brooks and we had Larry Kinnebrew step in to the big back role.
Reply/Quote
I think our DBs need to be introduced to Mr. JUGS (machine) over the off-season. It's probably rampant league-wide, but the number of interceptions dropped by this defense borders on ridiculous the past few years.
Reply/Quote
Billup's drop still haunts me, but as they say "thats why he plays defense".

But Bengals have dropped a few this year even before the Mahomes drops.

Just believe they are due to hold on to one soon and tomorrow would be the perfect time to do so.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote