Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't be surprised if the Bengals make Dalton the scapegoat
If they win 4-5 games...don't be surprised if the go with McCarron and get rid of Dalton.

There were some hushed rumblings that they were keeping AJ around because they weren't confident that Dalton could win the big games.

Well...they are always looking for ways to take the onus off of poor management and not spending in free agency.

Enter Andy Dalton the villain...And AJ McCarron the savior of the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
I think the plan was to ride into the season with 3 QB's and deal one as soon as the first contender lost theirs.

If not for a fumble and back to back 15 yard penalties gifting the win to the stoolers - McCarron racks up the first playoff W in a quarter century.

Then Driskel threw a wrench into that option...
Reply/Quote
This team is too stupid to have a plan.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 08:16 PM)Rattler Wrote: I think the plan was to ride into the season with 3 QB's and deal one as soon as the first contender lost theirs.

If not for a fumble and back to back 15 yard penalties gifting the win to the stoolers - McCarron racks up the first playoff W in a quarter century.

Then Driskel threw a wrench into that option...

idk...I doubt the Bengals would have traded McCarron during the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 08:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: idk...I doubt the Bengals would have traded McCarron during the season.

True - knowing the Bengals they let him walk as a Free Agent and get a 5th round comp pick that can't make the roster.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 08:25 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: This team is too stupid to have a plan.

[Image: image.png?w=92]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Why not give AJ a shot. I hope it happens. We have absolutely nothing to lose.
Reply/Quote
I'm not turning on any of our core players until they get a shot under a new HC. If AJ is any good as some think, he'll still be ruined by Marvin and Co like so many of our other "stars". The players deserve a new direction to see if coaching can get them to play up to their talent. We've seen that good coaching can. But those coaches are gone. Marvin remains, and has proven he can't do it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
They can spin that narrative all day long, and while I am over the gamble of good Andy vs bad Andy crap, this team did the same stuff with Palmer under center.

Every coach was different, except one. They can try to spin it as Dalton's failure...but in the end, only one guy has been failing for over a decade...well two if you count Mike Brown.

This season needs to be the guillotine with Marvin Lewis' head beneath it. Win or be gone.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I thought there was a chance Dalton would serve out his time here and end up on the "got it all but a QB" Texans and be a homestate hero.  Alas, it seems he spent too much time in Cincy to pull that one off.  At this point he may as well take some more team-friendly deals and go down as a tragic hero loyal to a lousy franchise ala Larry Fitzgerald.

(09-10-2017, 11:22 PM)ZWP Wrote: Why not give AJ a shot. I hope it happens. We have absolutely nothing to lose.

Normally I'd brush this off, but the fact that Mike Brown absolutely refuses to trade the guy for anything less than a 1st round pick and 7 Faberge Eggs makes playing him seem somewhat plausible.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm not turning on any of our core players until they get a shot under a new HC. If AJ is any good as some think, he'll still be ruined by Marvin and Co like so many of our other "stars". The players deserve a new direction to see if coaching can get them to play up to their talent. We've seen that good coaching can. But those coaches are gone. Marvin remains, and has proven he can't do it.

Agreed... But then again, Marvin likely isn't going anywhere
Reply/Quote
That 2nd round pick McCarron would have given us could've gotten us a decent Tackle.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 08:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: If they win 4-5 games...don't be surprised if the go with McCarron and get rid of Dalton.

There were some hushed rumblings that they were keeping AJ around because they weren't confident that Dalton could win the big games.

Well...they are always looking for ways to take the onus off of poor management and not spending in free agency.

Enter Andy Dalton the villain...And AJ McCarron the savior of the Bengals.

....is this like Palmer the villain and Andy Dalton the savior?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:31 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: They can spin that narrative all day long, and while I am over the gamble of good Andy vs bad Andy crap, this team did the same stuff with Palmer under center.

Every coach was different, except one. They can try to spin it as Dalton's failure...but in the end, only one guy has been failing for over a decade...well two if you count Mike Brown.

This season needs to be the guillotine with Marvin Lewis' head beneath it. Win or be gone.

You forgot another coach....one that's been here a quarter century...

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
With the OL this bad and the coaching this bad it doesn't matter who is under Center. The "savior" illusion will quickly disperse as whoever the new QB is gets pummeled just like his predecessor.
Reply/Quote
Dumping Andy isn't the answer, but we've become a fanbase that will take it if it cleaning house and giving a respected guy control. Andy had one bad game behind one bad line that has four days to grow up.
Reply/Quote
Do people forget McCarron was our worst qb in the preseason?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 12:38 AM)phil413 Wrote: Dumping Andy isn't the answer, but we've become a fanbase that will take it if it cleaning house and giving a respected guy control. Andy had one bad game behind one bad line that has four days to grow up.

I just can't excuse this performance because it was the Ravens. An AFC north rival at home to start the season. This is bewildering
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:51 PM)Wyche Wrote: You forgot another coach....one that's been here a quarter century...

That is the name that shall never be spoken!!!

And hopefully a new coach coming in would be allowed to flush that man right on out of PBS.  Pissed

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 12:43 AM)Storer50 Wrote: Do people forget McCarron was our worst qb in the preseason?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

My view: preseason is preseason but to play devils advocate with your beliefs:

Do you remember the first team offense scored 0 passing touchdowns all preseason? One touchdown was scored and it was a rushing touchdown. Dalton didn't produce not one single point with the ones.

Second string guys are playing with mostly 2-3rd stringers who are trying to make the team each week.. after seeing our online struggles today, imagine how bad the 2nd oline are.. hell we give up six sacks today and Dalton gets killed but we dint even have one 2nd string offensive lineman who can compete for a starting job.

It's one game, give it some time.
Reply/Quote