Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Don't blame Mike, the FO, or Tobin
I blame them all. They all share some level of responsibility.
Reply/Quote
Marvin left this team thin, weak and in shambles. Thats the bottom line. We had too many holes on this roster to address in 1 offseason. We had a good offseason, but we need another one before its really going to show up, imo. Some coaching changes is fine by me, right now Turner is my biggest concern. I dont give a flyn flick who is calling plays though, you cant do good against good defenses with a terrible OL like we have. They are utterly pathetic.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 09:53 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Marvin left this team thin, weak and in shambles. Thats the bottom line. We had too many holes on this roster to address in 1 offseason.

We've had two offseasons since Marvin left. (Fwiw, he left a 6 win team)

Regardless, I find it exremely odd to try to pin what was left solely on Marvin.  As if Mike Brown, Duke Tobin, and Katie and Troy Blackburn had nothing to do with it.

Did Marvin give Bobby Hart that new contract?  Did Marvin decide to do nothing to improve the O-Line in free agency?  Did Marvin decide to franchise tag AJ Green for 18 million dollars?

I'm about the furthest thing you'll ever find from a Marvin apologist.  But this seems incredibly unfair, and to be an attempt to explain away our current problems by pinning them on a coach that fired almost two years ago.

You know who is to play for personnel problems?  The front office.  End of story.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:05 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I fault Mike Brown for trusting an inexperienced coach to finally handle the reigns.

I would of much rather they made Marvin GM and let him hirer a coach
You can't fault MB. Everyone wants to blame MB.

IIRC, MB had 0 to do with hiring ZT.

That is Katie, Mr. Imarriedintothis and Duke's hiring.

I had myself convinced that Katie would surround herself with "football guys". Silly me...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:05 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I fault Mike Brown for trusting an inexperienced coach to finally handle the reigns.

I would of much rather they made Marvin GM and let him hirer a coach

Oy, this is the fun of being a Bengals fan...in our wildest dreams we have a middling HC as our GM and a semi-competent coach as our HC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 11:04 PM)Nickslycat Wrote: Kind of like the Cheeto tweeter blaming Obama for leaving the pandemic cabinet bare, but it’s easy to blame the black man for your ineptitude.

Marvin removed the Bungles label, the DORK only took 21 games to bring it back.

If it speaks like a dork, walks like a dork, dresses like a dork, It’s a effin DORk!

Lol. Marvin made it even more applicable with 2015.  Ninja

The biggest question I have about people saying they neglected the OL in FA is, which is true, but who would have you have had them sign? Seriously. Most linemen were gone very quickly and probably had bidding wars going before the offseason even started.
Reply/Quote
BS it's 100% on Duke he is the guy that picks the players.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote