Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't forget about Jake Fisher
(04-26-2018, 02:24 PM)depthchart Wrote: I want the Bengals to pursue a Great O-line rather than hoping for a serviceable one.

I hear ya, I was just wondering what happens if a decent enough tackle isn't there.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 02:30 PM)dnkw Wrote: I hear ya, I was just wondering what happens if a decent enough tackle isn't there.  ThumbsUp

or maybe the Bengals have convinced themselves that Fisher will be just fine at Right Tackle or heaven forbid they project Bobby Hart to lock down the job.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 02:24 PM)depthchart Wrote: We have Cordy Glenn now at Left Tackle and I don't want to rely on hoping that Jake Fisher gets better.

Give me at the very least one top 3 round Right Tackle prospect out of this Draft that is so good that Fisher may never beat him out even if he does improve.

I want the Bengals to pursue a Great O-line rather than hoping for a serviceable one.

What's the difference between hoping for Fisher to be good and hoping for a draft pick to be good?

We come out ahead if Fisher is good and we can use the draft picks on other positions.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 02:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What's the difference between hoping for Fisher to be good and hoping for a draft pick to be good?

We come out ahead if Fisher is good and we can use the draft picks on other positions.

We are screwed if Fisher isn't good and we get a heavy dose of Bobby Hart.

Plus Fisher is coming off a heart condition that could re-emerge or just take him time to regain his strength from. With Andre Smith gone, it could lead to the Bobby Hart era.

Right tackle is one of those positions that is an uncertainty, so adding a top 3 round rookie prospect to the Fisher/Hart mix seems like a no brainer to me, even if there is a risk that rookie doesn't pan out.

There would also be a risk that the "other position" rookie we take instead of a Tackle does not pan out.
Reply/Quote