Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't hate me
(10-12-2020, 11:36 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I'm feeling Ravens exposed us it's a copycat league. I don't see Taylor having an answer for it. Hope im wrong I see 1 more win 2 tops. I say it's likely we are picking top 5

They basically gave every upcoming NFL team a blueprint on how to shut us down. BAL showed blitz and they blitzed. Nothing fancy, and we couldn't handle it.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:34 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Some people might hate me for it, but Hue Jackson runs a good offense when he doesn't have to worry about HC duties too.
Perhaps it'd be worth bringing him back into the organization as OC and preventing the HC from calling offensive plays.

Don’t hate you for it Ohco, but that’s a big no from me. Tons of coaches out there. Not interested in bringing Hue back for the 37th time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Where we’ll probably draft Chase and Burrow and Mixon will continue to get pummeled every game...

Chase is by far my sexy pick for next draft, but I'm not going to personally push for him with so many other needs (OL, OL, OL, OL, OL).

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Where we’ll probably draft Chase and Burrow and Mixon will continue to get pummeled every game...

I think Chase could go Top 5, so Bengals might not even have a chance to land him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:39 AM)Takedown Wrote: Chase is by far my sexy pick for next draft, but I'm not going to personally push for him with so many other needs (OL, OL, OL, OL, OL).

I’d love Chase, too, but we just can’t afford to go WR there. Prime Jerry Rice couldn’t save this team right now.

I’d be more than fine with Boyd and Tee being Joe’s primary targets if we can upgrade the OL instead.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:08 AM)Takedown Wrote: They do play Miami twice. Just a heads up. That is a toss up game.

Miami pounded the niners today..just sayin 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:40 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I think Chase could go Top 5, so Bengals might not even have a chance to land him.

I think we’ll be right there. My prediction is 3-12-1.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d love Chase, too, but we just can’t afford to go WR there. Prime Jerry Rice couldn’t save this team right now.

I’d be more than fine with Boyd and Tee being Joe’s primary targets if we can upgrade the OL instead.

Rice would be grossly underutilized because he isn't a Taylor type of guy.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d love Chase, too, but we just can’t afford to go WR there. Prime Jerry Rice couldn’t save this team right now.

We're on the same page. Sexy picks are just more fun versus o-line, but the line is below average. Look at A-Rod. I'm not really trying to compare Burrow to Rodgers, but A-Rod has Devante Adams and..? A good offensive line. We're stacked at WR as far as I'm concerned and Sample is living up to that 2nd round pick value finally. We just need o-line.

Reply/Quote
I’d rather end up with the #3 pick and get Sewell.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:43 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Miami pounded the niners today..just sayin 

Yeah I acknowledged this in someone else's response to that post I made. Miami isn't the worst by any stretch.

Reply/Quote
No amount of good players on offense could fix this team good teams will continue to destroy us until Taylor is gone regardless of talent on offense.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:45 AM)Takedown Wrote: We're on the same page. Sexy picks are just more fun versus o-line, but the line is below average. Look at A-Rod. I'm not really trying to compare Burrow to Rodgers, but A-Rod has Devante Adams and..? A good offensive line. We're stacked at WR as far as I'm concerned and Sample is living up to that 2nd round pick value finally. We just need o-line.

Well, we were on the same page until this part... Tongue

But seriously, watching DK Metcalf with the game winning TD last night was so frustrating. He would have been an amazing pick in the 2nd last year.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:46 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’d rather end up with the #3 pick and get Sewell.

My dream scenario. But are we sure Fields goes 2nd? I could see someone snatching Sewell there.

Reply/Quote
Next 4 games are tough ones. We could be 1-7-1 discussing this. What this team will look like at that point...who knows
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:51 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: My dream scenario. But are we sure Fields goes 2nd? I could see someone snatching Sewell there.

Depends, but QB’s are QB’s and when you have two that good, there’s a good chance they go back to back. Not the same as this year because of Tua’s injury. But yeah it’s the draft and you never know. If one of the top two teams picking doesn’t need a QB and they don’t get a good enough offer.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:34 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Some people might hate me for it, but Hue Jackson runs a good offense when he doesn't have to worry about HC duties too.
Perhaps it'd be worth bringing him back into the organization as OC and preventing the HC from calling offensive plays.

To be fair, we don't know what Hue would do with this pathetic offensive line and lack of weapons at receiver.  Yes, we have a lack of weapons at receiver because we have three guys that are all good talents (Boyd is great as a slot WR) but none of them create quick separation or make the safeties drop.  We have a crop of guys that are all very similar.  We need a Ross that is not a football idiot.  Watching KC run Hill on a jet sweep yesterday that goes for a huge gain...that wouldn't slow the rush?  We ran a horrible, slow version of it with Mike Thomas (more of an end-around) and it was so telegraphed that it was blown up.  

Can't these guys watch ONE GAME of Andy Reid's offense?  
Reply/Quote
Unless they fix the blocking scheme right now this may all be academic as at this rate Burrow will be on IR in a few games.
Reply/Quote
Last year I was all about the tank for Burrow. This year I’m kinda on the fence feel bad for Burrow when they lose and I’m sick of rooting for my team to lose for draft position but they need so much help to turn things around seems like a few wins are meaningless. Big picture we all want the Bengals to succeed and I don’t think it’s wrong to root for draft position in another lost season. I’m 31 years old born in 1989 and I’ve never seen my team win a single playoff game or old enough to remember. I’m just kinda numb and sick of the losing feels like they’ll never get over the hump. They’ll need to crush a few drafts and continue to be aggressive in free agency to turn things around.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:04 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: To be fair, we don't know what Hue would do with this pathetic offensive line and lack of weapons at receiver.  Yes, we have a lack of weapons at receiver because we have three guys that are all good talents (Boyd is great as a slot WR) but none of them create quick separation or make the safeties drop.  We have a crop of guys that are all very similar.  We need a Ross that is not a football idiot.  Watching KC run Hill on a jet sweep yesterday that goes for a huge gain...that wouldn't slow the rush?  We ran a horrible, slow version of it with Mike Thomas (more of an end-around) and it was so telegraphed that it was blown up.  

Can't these guys watch ONE GAME of Andy Reid's offense?  

Hue has not only had a successful offense in Cincy but also in OAK.
So I have confidence he'd be better than Taylor at calling plays.

With that said, yes the Bengals need more speed and quickness at the WR position.

You get that with Ross, but you have to deal with the inconsistency.

Should a guy like Jaylen Waddle or Devonta Smith be a target for the Bengals in Rd 1?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote