Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Question for those at the game
On television, it looked like there were relatively few Raiders fans in the stadium and it certainly sounded the loudest I've ever heard it. If that's the case, I'm fo proud of the fans and the city for not only coming out to support our boys, but also not selling tix to LV fans.

We've seen games before where there were almost as many opposing jerseys as our own. How many Raiders fans would you guess we're in attendance?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 07:09 PM)wcu Wrote: On television, it looked like there were relatively few Raiders fans in the stadium and it certainly sounded the loudest I've ever heard it. If that's the case, I'm fo proud of the fans and the city for not only coming out to support our boys, but also not selling tix to LV fans.

We've seen games before where there were almost as many opposing jerseys as our own. How many Raiders fans would you guess we're in attendance?

10k, maybe?  There were relatively few seated near us, so if someone said the ratio was 5.5 to 1, I'd buy that.  Visiting fans tend to get there early because they're less familiar with the parking, stadium etc., so it can look like they are out in force if you're there early, too.  I saw many walking around the concourse before the gates opened, but once we got inside, there were few that came in after the initial rush.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
There were very few in the south end zone. I interacted with a few and, contrary to their reputation, they were polite and classy. I think they were honestly thrilled to be in a playoff game and to keep it close. On the way out, I heard one Bengals compliment a Raider fan on having a great team. The guy answered, "Your team is better."
Reply/Quote
I would say 10K at the very most and likely less. There was virtually no noise when the Raiders did good things. It’s nice to see that people don’t throw their tickets up for sale or if they did, Bengals fans grabbed them. Someone else mentioned that it was pretty short notice for their fans and that’s probably true as well. Some guys near me were from Chicago. And I will say again, any Raiders fans I encountered were cool. Zero problems with them unlike the roaches that creep down here from Pitt and Cleveland.(With the exception of Strictly Biz who is now, whether he likes it or not, an official good luck charm. )
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Totally unscientific opinion but it was at least 20 to one Bengals versus raiders for sure.

It was great to see.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the confirmation guys. That's so awesome to hear.
Reply/Quote
Was the most people in attendance ever at PBS. 66K something I thought?

Not many Raider fans that I noticed we absolutely out numbered them 10 fold.

I would love that stadium sold out more often... it makes a difference
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I’d estimate 3-5% of the crowd was Raiders fans. Not much.
Reply/Quote
If they had 10,000 that would be absurd. That's almost 15% of the stadium for a team traveling across the country.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 07:45 PM)TheFan Wrote: If they had 10,000 that would be absurd. That's almost 15% of the stadium for a team traveling across the country.

They don’t all come from across the country. They have a large fan base around the country. But I don’t think there were 10,000 anyway.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I wonder how many fans we will have at Tennessee.

I remember being surprised by how many we had there in 2017.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 07:48 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: I wonder how many fans we will have at Tennessee.

I remember being surprised by how many we had there in 2017.

They’ve had a week to swallow up all the tickets.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 07:47 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They don’t all come from across the country. They have a large fan base around the country. But I don’t think there were 10,000 anyway.

There was a Raiders fan in the group of guys I was with. Yeah he's from the Sacramento area, but he lives in the Western Hills. Those sort of teams (Dallas, Raiders, Packers, Steelers) have a national following... But yeah, I don't think it was 10,000 either. I saw them in lines, but very few in my section.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Man I'm telling you there weren't many Raiders fans. You seen them, but it was hard to notice. Bengals fans got a good majority of the tix.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 07:56 PM)Takedown Wrote: Man I'm telling you there weren't many Raiders fans. You seen them, but it was hard to notice. Bengals fans got a good majority of the tix.

Yeah, there were clusters of a few people (usually about three), but that wasn't too common. 

In the lower level section below our crippled seats, I'd say there was probably 3 to 6? I'm fairly certain that there wasn't more than 10.

I was definitely talking (typing) smack to Raiders fans in the bar pre-game!

(Nothing serious.....  just harmless banter  Hilarious)
Reply/Quote
I've been going to games for 30 years. That was the most electric I've ever seen it. And yes, barely any Raiders fans were there. You couldn't even tell when they would make a good play.

Hendrickson's sack fumble was the most lit part of the entire game.

The fans BROUGHT it last night.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 07:45 PM)TheFan Wrote: If they had 10,000 that would be absurd. That's almost 15% of the stadium for a team traveling across the country.

There weren't that many. Is say maybe 5-10% we're Raiders fans. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote