Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Don't look but a 4th String QB won a game and we......
cant do the same??

ugh

Yes the hated Squealers 4th string QB that means
1. Ben
2. Mason
3. Dobbs (traded to the Jags)
4. Whatever his name is

Just won a game and we cant scrape together a lousy win in 6 tries???

Im tired of the excuses this team is still #Marvinized, please clean house with anyone not named Sam Hubbard or Tyler Boyd
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I noticed this too and it does bother me a bit. There is something different going on there with coaching and team culture that they can still get wins in this situation. That said, I think that while their Oline is clearly not pass blocking they are at least run blocking. We had Villanueva here before he signed in Pittsburgh. And we could have had David Decastro (we drafted Dre Kirk and then Zeitler which is fine but you have to KEEP Zeitler then). I recall a few years ago the Steelers had Oline problems but they still made it to .500. We definitely need to keep looking at coaching options at all levels to see if there is something better out there -- especially someone you could steal from another team (like a good oline coach elsewhere to be our offensive coordinator here, even though Zac would still design the offense and call the plays).

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Kyle Allen is also keeping the Panthers afloat in Carolina.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
On weekends I generally watch only Ohio State and the Bengals. However, last night the lovely Mrs. FIK went to bed early so I watched some of the Steelers game. It was very eye-opening for me. First of all, the Chargers have a worse offensive line than Cincinnati does. That’s saying a lot! Philip Rivers is a far better quarterback than Andy Dalton he looked absolutely awful last night because was hurried and sacked do much. Anyway, the Steelers offensive line is coached up to near perfection. Any quarterback would survive and thrive behind their line — and that’s the reason Pittsburgh can run the ball down anyone’s throat since the days of John Fuqua, Rocky Bleier, and Franco Harris.
Reply/Quote
They had to move the ball a total of forty yards to score their first fourteen points. This was a victory by their defense, not their third and fourth string QBs. I'm just curious how the Bengals OL got to LA so quickly.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 09:20 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: On weekends I generally watch only Ohio State and the Bengals. However, last night the lovely Mrs. FIK went to bed early so I watched some of the Steelers game. It was very eye-opening for me. First of all, the Chargers have a worse offensive line than Cincinnati does. That’s saying a lot! Philip Rivers is a far better quarterback than Andy Dalton he looked absolutely awful last night because was hurried and sacked do much.  Anyway, the Steelers offensive line is coached up to near perfection. Any quarterback would survive and thrive behind their line — and that’s the reason Pittsburgh can run the ball down anyone’s throat since the days of John Fuqua, Rocky Bleier, and Franco Harris.

Of course their oline is coached up..... "OK guys, we need you to block, but if you can't, go ahead and hold..... it's not like we are going to get called for it"
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 08:22 AM)corpjet Wrote: cant do the same??

ugh

1. Ben
2. Mason
4. Whatever his name is

Im tired of the excuses this team is still #Marvinized, please clean house with anyone not named Sam Hubbard or Tyler Boyd

If you watched the game, the QB did not complete a pass further than 10 yards, it was all dump offs. They won because their defense was stout and they controlled the LOS on both sides of the ball.

It was not the QB that won, they won in spite of him.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
The Jets were 0-4 yesterday, then they got Sam friggin Darnold back and got their first win vs. the Cowboys.

How many here think this team could beat the Cowboys ?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 09:57 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If you watched the game, the QB did not complete a pass further than 10 yards, it was all dump offs. They won because their defense was stout and they controlled the LOS on both sides of the ball.

Boy that sounds familiar, didn't Mason Rudolph do that to us?

So what your saying is they have better coaches who can scheme better?

Again enough with the excuses, we are out coached, out hustled, out schemed, out drafted, out whatever 

At the end of the day we suck, but hey Marvin is gone!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 10:21 AM)corpjet Wrote: Boy that sounds familiar, didn't Mason Rudolph do that to us?

So what your saying is they have better coaches who can scheme better?

Again enough with the excuses, we are out coached, out hustled, out schemed, out drafted, out whatever 

At the end of the day we suck, but hey Marvin is gone!

And probably way better players...
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 08:22 AM)corpjet Wrote: cant do the same??

ugh

1. Ben
2. Mason
4. Whatever his name is

And people are like they have the same team as last year...well...THEY DON'T.

Antonio Brown is gone. Bell is gone although he was holding out.

The Steelers start a career backup Tackle from a D2 School too.

Yet here in Cincy, a couple injuries and it's a lost season. Left to lament the What If they guys were all healthy?

Truth is, our coaching and playcalling have been atrocious or we would have won a game or 2 by now. The Steelers are coached better than us.
Reply/Quote
OK everyone, the Steelers are 2-4 and one of those wins is against the Bengals. Can we quit acting like they are this amazing story tearing up the league with backups?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 09:57 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If you watched the game, the QB did not complete a pass further than 10 yards, it was all dump offs. They won because their defense was stout and they controlled the LOS on both sides of the ball.

We're allowed to do that.

As Bengals fans, we're conditioned to believe that winning in the NFL is some rare combination of a bunch of perfect conditions. Meanwhile, most NFL franchise's except like 3 or 4 have won 5+ playoff games since we last had one.

Here, we have 1 or 2 injuries and our season is shot.

That's not normal. That's not how other NFL teams are.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 10:24 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And people are like they have the same team as last year...well...THEY DON'T.

Antonio Brown is gone. Bell is gone although he was holding out.

The Steelers start a career backup Tackle from a D2 School too.

Yet here in Cincy, a couple injuries and it's a lost season. Left to lament the What If they guys were all healthy?

Truth is, our coaching and playcalling have been atrocious or we would have won a game or 2 by now. The Steelers are coached better than us.

Yep

You see it time and again. Other teams still winning (to a degree) with backup QB's, star RB's and WR's out, couple guys banged up on the Oline or Dline.

We lose one guy and it's season over !
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 10:32 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

You see it time and again. Other teams still winning (to a degree) with backup QB's, star RB's and WR's out, couple guys banged up on the Oline or Dline.

We lose one guy and it's season over !

The Packers won a Super Bowl...7 or 8 years ago with some 12 guys on the season-ending IR. And it was some really quality players that were starters.

Here, nope...a couple injuries and it's an excuse to be 0-6.

The truth is our coaching is terrible. We would have won a couple games atleast with Marvin and company.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 10:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Packers won a Super Bowl...7 or 8 years ago with some 12 guys on the season-ending IR. And it was some really quality players that were starters.

The truth is our coaching is terrible. We would have won a couple games atleast with Marvin and company.

The Patriots back in 02 or whatever had like 8 or 10 starters out and still won the Superbowl. Granted with a young Brady, we have......you know
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 10:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Packers won a Super Bowl...7 or 8 years ago with some 12 guys on the season-ending IR. And it was some really quality players that were starters.

I don't think it's the few injuries.  It's the number of truly horrid players.  The entire LBing corp is really bad.  Not a real starter among them.  Steelers killed us by moving up to get Bush. Although I guess I can't assume they would have picked him.

Reply/Quote

Sorry, there is absolutely no reason to bring up Marvin. I'd rather go 0-16 this year than have Marvin back and go 8-8. Could we more with him? Yeah, but we have all seen his show, and we know where it leads. He was never going to win anything of importance. He's also a big reason we have so many 3rd tier or lower players at the line, and the LB position. Everyone knows you hate the coach but let's not pretend we were doing anything with Marvin the past 3 years. 
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 10:40 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't think it's the few injuries.  It's the number of truly horrid players.  The entire LBing corp is really bad.  Not a real starter among them.  Steelers killed us by moving up to get Bush.  Although I guess I can't assume they would have picked him.

It's that...but I'm telling you it's scheme and playcalling too. We run a terrible scheme on defense for the personnel we have.

On offense, it's more playcalling than scheme, but I think position coaches are bad too.

It's basically EVERY POSSIBLE thing going wrong that can.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 10:42 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's that...but I'm telling you it's scheme and playcalling too. We run a terrible scheme on defense for the personnel we have.

On offense, it's more playcalling than scheme, but I think position coaches are bad too.

It's basically EVERY POSSIBLE thing going wrong that can.

Name one player on the Bengals line and Linebacking core that you would take over the Steelers? 
Reply/Quote