Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Don't look but a 4th String QB won a game and we......
(10-14-2019, 10:40 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't think it's the few injuries.  It's the number of truly horrid players.  The entire LBing corp is really bad.  Not a real starter among them.  Steelers killed us by moving up to get Bush.  Although I guess I can't assume they would have picked him.

I agree, but it's not just this season. This team has an itsy bitsy, teeny tiny, margin for error ! And it's been that way for years.

One player gets hurt, one interception is thrown, one fumble, any diversity at all and they implode. Why is it we don't have the power to overcome anything ?

The Saints lose Brees and go on winning. We can't even win without AJ
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 10:19 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The Jets were 0-4 yesterday, then they got Sam friggin Darnold back and got their first win vs. the Cowboys.

How many here think this team could beat the Cowboys ?

It’s almost like it’s a QB driven league or something...

Reply/Quote
Hell maybe we'd win one with a 4th string QB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 11:07 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell maybe we'd win one with a 4th string QB

Well, our last win was with Jeff Driskel...

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 11:07 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell maybe we'd win one with a 4th string QB

No we can't try another QB until 2025 when we have the entire rest of the team full of All Pros.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 11:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, our last win was with Jeff Driskel...

(10-14-2019, 11:11 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: No we can't try another QB until 2025 when we have the entire rest of the team full of All Pros.  Ninja

Marriota is no Superstar but he does have a passer rating about 9 points higher than Andy this year. You'll never guess what the Titan's did when he was having a rough day
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 08:22 AM)corpjet Wrote: cant do the same??

ugh

Yes the hated Squealers 4th string QB that means
1. Ben
2. Mason
3. Dobbs (traded to the Jags)
4. Whatever his name is

Just won a game and we cant scrape together a lousy win in 6 tries???

Im tired of the excuses this team is still #Marvinized, please clean house with anyone not named Sam Hubbard or Tyler Boyd

This season's 0-6 start has nothing to do with Marvin Lewis, at all. It lays squarely on the shoulders of this new coaching staff and the front office.

Zac Taylor now has the record for the worst start by a Bengals HC in the team's history.

This team is Mike Brownized. It's as if Mikey boy has returned to his 90's roots.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 11:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Marriota is no Superstar but he does have a passer rating about 9 points higher than Andy this year. You'll never guess what the Titan's did when he was having a rough day

Blamed everything on their OL?

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 11:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s almost like it’s a QB driven league or something...

Or talent as they've had top 5 picks for the last 6 years or so. They did it right by building their roster, and plugging in the Franchise QB.

Good lesson to learn.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 11:35 AM)jj22 Wrote: Or talent as they've had top 5 picks for the last 6 years or so. They did it right by building their roster, and plugging in the Franchise QB.

Good lesson to learn.

Great. So all we have to do is be a bottom 5 team for the next handful of years, and then we can find our next QB.

Maybe Dalton will have a son old enough by then!

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 10:45 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Name one player on the Bengals line and Linebacking core that you would take over the Steelers? 

So our solace is that the Coaches are Ok...it's just that we have terrible management/coaches in the talent evaluation phase?

You know, the team decided to re-sign Preston Brown. Presumably ZT was ok with it.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 10:47 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I agree, but it's not just this season. This team has an itsy bitsy, teeny tiny, margin for error ! And it's been that way for years.

One player gets hurt, one interception is thrown, one fumble, any diversity at all and they implode. Why is it we don't have the power to overcome anything ?

The Saints lose Brees and go on winning. We can't even win without AJ

Yes! And we're left with moral victories. Or we would be 4-2 with AJ!

Other teams actually overcome injuries and win. The bad teams don't.

The narrative for this year was that the new staff and modern approach was going to make a bunch of underachievers better. In reality, the entire team looks worse.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 11:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Great. So all we have to do is be a bottom 5 team for the next handful of years, and then we can find our next QB.

Maybe Dalton will have a son old enough by then!

Yes, or else after next seasons 4-12 year and the 6-10 season after that , the QB we take in April will be long run out of town.

We are 5 years away from a winning record, and that is best case scenario with this aged, no probowl/allpro roster, and free agentless FO philosophy.

Why take a QB now and not year 3 of the rebuild?

We need a DC, LBC, OLC, RBC, 3LB's, 2 Safety's, 3 CB's, 4 Olineman, A Kicker, 2 Wideouts, 2 TE's, and yes a QB (this isn't a defense of Dalton).

I think it's best to try to get some top 5 playmakers to fill those holes first.

Any QB we get in April is doomed with the state of this current roster and young coaching staff.

Now this is my personal team building philosophy, not saying you are wrong in any way. Just saying I fear after the next two down seasons, the Qb we pick will be bengalized by 2023 when we compete again.

Reply/Quote
To anyone willing to look into it.

Who is the last QB that has turned around a 1-15/2-14 team without any extra picks or top 5 picks the last 17 years (with the exception of 2011), and only two "reliable" probowlers on the roster both over 30, that has turned the team into a legit contender?

The Mark Sanchez JETS?

The plug the top 2 qb into a bad team philosophy is why we see so many failed qb's taken atop of the draft.

Now the successful teams

NE, PIT, KC, Eagles, Texans, San Fran, Cowboys all plugged their qb into solid situations.

Seattle wasn't a successful team, but they got their qb late in the draft.

I can't think of a team where the plug in the franchise qb to a bad team with no free agents and no extra picks has worked.

But if that was the way, you sure wouldn't see the same teams picking in the top 5 each year as we tend to see, or the extraordinary failed rate of the top of the draft QB picks.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 11:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Blamed everything on their OL?

Nice.......while there O-Line is better than ours good call for them to bench Mariotta

It looks like they won't be resigning MM long term, add another destination where we can trade Andy to!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 08:22 AM)corpjet Wrote: cant do the same??

ugh

Yes the hated Squealers 4th string QB that means
1. Ben
2. Mason
3. Dobbs (traded to the Jags)
4. Whatever his name is

Just won a game and we cant scrape together a lousy win in 6 tries???

Im tired of the excuses this team is still #Marvinized, please clean house with anyone not named Sam Hubbard or Tyler Boyd
All Pro OL vs What we have.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 03:56 PM)corpjet Wrote: Nice.......while there O-Line is better than ours good call for them to bench Mariotta

It looks like they won't be resigning MM long term, add another destination where we can trade Andy to!

Dalton won't have any trade value after this season.

Especially if/when he gets benched.

Reply/Quote
Steelers have sound coaching staff that game plans well and have some decent O-Line players unlike the Bengals that has maybe one decent player in Hopkins.

Jets won with Sam Donald. Donald has a great arm and made critical throws, something Dalton cannot do in the playoffs or lately in the regular season. The argument that QB would die behind the Bengals line is partially true but a QB with pocket awareness can help the team by keeping the offense on the field and resting the defense.

I say give Finley a shot next game.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 04:30 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Steelers have sound coaching staff that game plans well and have some decent O-Line players unlike the Bengals that has maybe one decent player in Hopkins.  

Jets won with Sam Donald.  Donald has a great arm and made critical throws, something Dalton cannot do in the playoffs or lately in the regular season.  The argument that QB would die behind the Bengals line is partially true but a QB with pocket awareness can help the team by keeping the offense on the field and resting the defense.  

I say give Finley a shot next game.

I feel like ZT isn't going to bench Dalton any time soon.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 04:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: Dalton won't have any trade value after this season.

Especially if/when he gets benched.

I disagree, how's the QB situation in.....

1. Tampa (How many picks for Jameis yesterday)
2. Miami (Rosen benched, yes they may draft one?)
3. New Orleans (because of injury)
4. Redskins (with Haskins waiting)
5.  Broncos (is Flacco their guy, Drew Lock?)
6.  Bears (Mitch has regressed)
7.  Colts (is Jacoby the long term answer?)

Lots of landing places for the Ginger Genius....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote