Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Don't look now, but the Steelers might have a QB
Lmao. I bet his own agent/camp released this little nugget. Until he gets his legal situation resolved or the Texans stop asking the farm for a guy in legal trouble he has no chance of going anywhere
Reply/Quote
They have a type. Are the Steelers allowed with 100 yards of a school?
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Malik refuted this claim. Nothing to worry (if there was any) about.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Watson has played his last down of football in the NFL. No owner is going to want the heat in this day and time.
Reply/Quote
He hasn’t played in a year. He’s going to get suspended probably. How old is he now?

Bottom line, he needs pieces around him and an offensive line that’s better than what it is right now. He needs time to re adjust to the game after being away for so long.

Yeah it could get competitive playing the Steelers in another year.
Reply/Quote
The Steelers do not have the draft capital to trade for DW. Nothing to see here.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 03:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Watson has played his last down of football in the NFL. No owner is going to want the heat in this day and time.

Lol - you are so wrong.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 06:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Disagree.
He put up 70% completion for 4823 yards with 33 TDs and just 7 INTs in 2020 without having any run game to shift the focus away.
I think he'd do quite well in PIT.
Harris is a very good pass catching RB, plus he'd have Johnson, Claypool, and Freiermuth too.

If he's traded to PIT, we need to hope for a lengthy suspension.

I'm always hoping for a conviction and lengthy sentence. If he's convicted it's game over for Watson, literally, figuratively and every other wayitively. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 10:24 PM)Stewy Wrote: Lol - you are so wrong.

I guess we'll see, now won't we.
Reply/Quote
The grand jury didn't indict him:

https://www.wafb.com/2022/03/11/no-indictment-texans-qb-deshaun-watson-over-sex-assault-claims/

Quote:A grand jury has declined to indict Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson following a police investigation sparked by lawsuits filed by 22 women who have accused him of harassment and sexual assault.

The grand jury’s decision on Friday came about a year after the women first filed their suits.

They have accused Watson of exposing himself, touching them with his penis or kissing them against their will during massage appointments. One woman alleged Watson forced her to perform oral sex.

Watson and his lawyers have denied the accusations.

Ten women had filed criminal complaints against Watson with Houston police, including eight who have sued him.

The civil case against Watson continues.

So it looks like the grand jury did not feel he committed a crime.  He is of course still facing the civil case.  So who knows where this will end up or where he will end up. But as I always state no matter my personal opinion on such cases, innocent until proven guilty.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 06:58 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: The grand jury didn't indict him:

https://www.wafb.com/2022/03/11/no-indictment-texans-qb-deshaun-watson-over-sex-assault-claims/

So it looks like the grand jury did not feel he committed a crime.  He is of course still facing the civil case.  So who knows where this will end up or where he will end up.  But as I always state no matter my personal opinion on such cases, innocent until proven guilty.

The Grand Jury may have felt he committed a crime but that there was not enough evidence to charge.  Criminally, it has to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.  Civilly, it is only a preponderance of the evidence.

Civil liability, though, should not impact his availability to play football.  Seahawks, Colts, and Steelers will all be in play for him.  Hopefully, it will be Seattle.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 07:48 PM)pally Wrote: The Grand Jury may have felt he committed a crime but that there was not enough evidence to charge.  Criminally, it has to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.  Civilly, it is only a preponderance of the evidence.

Civil liability, though, should not impact his availability to play football.  Seahawks, Colts, and Steelers will all be in play for him.  Hopefully, it will be Seattle.

He'll be suspended for sure at least 4 games maybe 8.

Philly makes the most sense because of their draft Capital. They have  3 firsts this year and no franchise QB but two good backups. Hurts or Minshew should be able to fill in for the suspension.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 05:48 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Looks like their trying to meet a sexual predator quota. Lose one, gain one. At least we don’t have to come up with new jokes.

Lmfao!

but in all seriousness, if the steelers can get him for fairly cheap its not a bad deal. but if they have to give up like 3x 1st rounders + more, mehhh if im the steelers front office. 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 09:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I guess we'll see, now won't we.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/11/sport/deshaun-watson-no-criminal-charges-spt/index.html

You were wrong.  Dont listen to the idiot national media.  The local media here in Houston predicted this weeks ago.  This was the only thing that would keep him from playing and now its over.  He'll settle the cases now and be ready to be traded before the draft.
Reply/Quote
This would be a good outcome for the Bengals:

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 11:35 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This would be a good outcome for the Bengals:

Washington has been asking around the league for a QB as well. That seems like a great spot for him, with a qb being their only missing piece.

Wouldn’t want him to go to the Steelers. Hopefully he goes to the nfc. There are enough good qbs in the afc..
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 03:01 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Washington has been asking around the league for a QB as well. That seems like a great spot for him, with a qb being their only missing piece.

Wouldn’t want him to go to the Steelers. Hopefully he goes to the nfc. There are enough good qbs in the afc..

They already traded for Wentz.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 04:37 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: They already traded for Wentz.

Oh thats right. lol. They've got no chance.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 07:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Johnson does drop passes but he's still a legit deep threat.
You don't put up 1161-8 if you're bad.

Johnson really puts into perspective just how consistant and efficient AB was for about 5 years straight. AB made many big plays a lot and literally never made mistakes in his play. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote