Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't sleep on Tycen Anderson
Here Goodberry breaks down how good Anderson was last yr before he got hurt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGryTCF5_uk
Reply/Quote
Is he a bit lumpy?
Reply/Quote
That was really high caliber play recognition on that deep over. No RB or TE hit the flat when the QB boots you flip your hips and run down the hashes because that deep over is coming.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I really liked him in the draft and definitely think he could be a starter. I would not be remotely comfortable banking on him being the unquestioned starter in year 2. We need to sign a vet. Even if it’s just to a one year deal. We cannot go into next season with just the guys we have now and another draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 08:14 PM)Synric Wrote: That was really high caliber play recognition on that deep over. No RB or TE hit the flat when the QB boots you flip your hips and run down the hashes because that deep over is coming.
I think he's going to better than some might think. 6'2 209 with 4.3 speed at any safety spot is very valuable.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 08:18 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I really liked him in the draft and definitely think he could be a starter. I would not be remotely comfortable banking on him being the unquestioned starter in year 2. We need to sign a vet. Even if it’s just to a one year deal. We cannot go into next season with just the guys we have now and another draft pick.

We def need a vet I agree.
Reply/Quote
I feel comfortable with Awuzie,CTB,Dax Hill.Anderson? Not sure about him,but he does have the credentials.Anderson hopefully IS the guy.I think they’ll draft a safety in the second or third round.
Reply/Quote
Tycen is an outstanding athlete.

His 114 QBR vs MAC QBs is what worries me.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 09:03 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Tycen is an outstanding athlete.

His 114 QBR vs MAC QBs is what worries me.

the top 3 safeties in this years class all had over 100 QBR if i'm not mistaken. Sydney Brown's was a 58.4
Reply/Quote
He reminds me of the old safety Patrick Chung from the Patriots. Versatile player who can play all over the field. With that being said he has a long way to go to fill Bates or Bell shoe.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 09:08 PM)J24 Wrote: He reminds me of the old safety  Patrick Chung from the Patriots. Versatile player who can play all over the field. With that being said he has a long way to go to fill Bates or Bell shoe.

He's young and only going to get better. Time will tell.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 08:04 PM)pulses Wrote: Here Goodberry breaks down how good Anderson was last yr before he got hurt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGryTCF5_uk

Obviously the staff/front office is not. I was told they feel very good about him after the Vonn Bell leaving dropped. But I doubt they open with Dax & Tycen
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 09:15 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Obviously the staff/front office is not. I was told they feel very good about him after the Vonn Bell leaving dropped. But I doubt they open with Dax & Tycen

I tell you what, if we open with Dax & Anderson and don't spend for a vet safety, we had better spend in other areas: TE, DE, IOL, WR, RB, DT. 

If we don't come close to spending to the cap, I am gonna be pissed. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 09:30 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I tell you what, if we open with Dax & Anderson and don't spend for a vet safety, we had better spend in other areas: TE, DE, IOL, WR, RB, DT. 

You and me both !!
Reply/Quote
While we are hoping, wishing, and praying for a surprise Bell replacement……

Don’t sleep on Yusuf Corker!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Great video. I would not be shocked if these two safeties are solid players. I'm not worried until we see them getting burned.

Hill took some bad penalties last year but I think he'll learn from his mistakes. He's athletic and smart enough to figure it out.

Definitely need depth at safety, but these two have great potential and were drafted by Lou (and will be coached by Lou this year).
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 09:30 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I tell you what, if we open with Dax & Anderson and don't spend for a vet safety, we had better spend in other areas: TE, DE, IOL, WR, RB, DT. 

And rightfully so. If you aren’t going to be proactive in FA then keep your damn players. That’s what we were told. It’s early but that’s not happened.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
He wears my favorite Bengal of all times number. He's going to be great. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
If you add his career defensive snaps in the NFL to Dax Hill's 131 last year, that puts you at... 131 career defensive snaps in the NFL for your starting safety duo.

Clearly no cause for alarm here. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Definitely have to at least bring competition in for these guys at the starting position. Would prefer a starting caliber option for a 1-2 year deal.
Reply/Quote