Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't sleep on Tycen Anderson
(03-15-2023, 12:21 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Definitely have to at least bring competition in for these guys at the starting position. Would prefer a starting caliber option for a 1-2 year deal.

Yeah this screams the LG situation a year ago though Carman seemed to be competition.  They absolutely need a vet presence and even if they believe he can win the spot you don't shoot down an average vet that wants a chance to start.  
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 09:05 PM)pulses Wrote: the top 3 safeties in this years class all had over 100 QBR if i'm not mistaken. Sydney Brown's was a 58.4

Were they playing against MAC QBs? 

I hope he is great...

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 08:04 PM)pulses Wrote: Here Goodberry breaks down how good Anderson was last yr before he got hurt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGryTCF5_uk

Nice, i Liked Anderson when we drafted him. I kept grabbing him in my mocks. 
Those young ones gotta get their feet wet sometime, i'd prefer to break them in slowly, but not always an option. 
Draft another later round one, and put that money saved to use somewhere else.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 02:29 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: In a conference that has a greater need for an air raid siren than the Ukraine two guys who are basically rookies as our starting safeties is a big no from me.

The office really have ****** up not paying Bell the more I think about it.

To early to determine right now. But we will see.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 08:04 PM)pulses Wrote: Here Goodberry breaks down how good Anderson was last yr before he got hurt.

Great stuff.  Absolutely loved Anderson coming out of Toledo.  I love betting MAC games, especially when they have their Tuesday MACtion games.  Watched Toledo a lot and he stood out every time.  One of a very small number of THREE YEAR captains on a D1 team, and as Joe said, would have been the fastest safety in this year's combine.  

Long arms, speed to burn, plays like an off-the-ball linebacker.  He could be the right replacement for Bell.  Lou really impressed me with his development of CTB, given his early injury.  Hope he can work the same magic with Anderson.  

Am I the only one that says "Mr. Anderson" in an "agents" voice (from the MATRIX) when I read his name?  Maybe I am just weird. 

His combine stats:  Tycen Anderson Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

Intersting article about his background, pre-draft evaluation:  Tycen Anderson, Toledo S | NFL Draft Scouting Report (profootballnetwork.com)
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 02:29 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: In a conference that has a greater need for an air raid siren than the Ukraine two guys who are basically rookies as our starting safeties is a big no from me.

The office really have ****** up not paying Bell the more I think about it.

No, they really haven't. I like Bell as much as anyone, and he'll always hold a special place in my heart for his hit on JSS. That said, he's pushing 30, his legs are going to start being heavy. Everyone yelling we need a vet and we can't play rookies..... Hill, Anderson, CTB, etc. are no longer rookies. They had a full year under the tutelage of vets like Bates and Bell, under the watchful eye of the Mad Scientist. It is their time to step up. If they bring in a vet safety fine, if they don't, I'm not worried. Hill and CTB could more than cover that spot. (I really haven't followed Tycen, but if he can't do it CTB could)
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 08:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: No, they really haven't. I like Bell as much as anyone, and he'll always hold a special place in my heart for his hit on JSS. That said, he's pushing 30, his legs are going to start being heavy...
He just turned 28 in December.  Let's not act like he is 40.  You can't win a Super Bowl with everybody on the team being 20-25 years old.  It just doesn't happen.  This idea that Bell is some old washed out player is nonsense.
Reply/Quote
I'd happily accept him if he beats a quality veteran for the starting job.

Not interested in just handing him the job.
Reply/Quote
One thing about our coach staff is they don’t blow smoke.

They’ll sit a young guy they don’t care.

So if the staff is saying Tycen looks good then i believe and trust them. This is the same staff that made Dax Hill sit until they were comfortable
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Nice vid, Goodberry broke down Tycen's film well here last Preseason, where I honestly didn't pay much attention to him. He looked
good, smart, physical and the dude is big but knows how to get low to avoid getting blocked. Honestly made me feel real good about
the future even though we most definitely need to bring in a veteran Safety soon and Lou has been looking at all of them.

With Tycen's size, speed and smarts he could be a good one alright. This was impressive even if it was the PS, it was impressive for a 
rookie from a smaller college.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:23 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: He just turned 28 in December.  Let's not act like he is 40.  

Which is why I said he's gonna turn 30....
Reply/Quote
"Dont sleep on Tycen Anderson!"

"Who could sleep with all that sex going on!"~ Sam Malone
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:23 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: He just turned 28 in December.  Let's not act like he is 40.  You can't win a Super Bowl with everybody on the team being 20-25 years old.  It just doesn't happen.  This idea that Bell is some old washed out player is nonsense.

Not saying they are the same (though they are similar players in terms of play style), but Roy Williams fell off at 28... https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillRo03.htm
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 08:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Great stuff.  Absolutely loved Anderson coming out of Toledo.  I love betting MAC games, especially when they have their Tuesday MACtion games.  Watched Toledo a lot and he stood out every time.  One of a very small number of THREE YEAR captains on a D1 team, and as Joe said, would have been the fastest safety in this year's combine.  

Long arms, speed to burn, plays like an off-the-ball linebacker.  He could be the right replacement for Bell.  Lou really impressed me with his development of CTB, given his early injury.  Hope he can work the same magic with Anderson.  

Am I the only one that says "Mr. Anderson" in an "agents" voice (from the MATRIX) when I read his name?  Maybe I am just weird. 

His combine stats:  Tycen Anderson Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

Intersting article about his background, pre-draft evaluation:  Tycen Anderson, Toledo S | NFL Draft Scouting Report (profootballnetwork.com)

I was excited about Anderson as a prospect last year, as well.  Due to his injury, his developmental year was essentially null.  He may still be a great developmental prospect, but I'm not sure I would feel comfortable with just shoving him out there as the day 1 starter.  So much of what Anarumo does with the defense relies on smart and instinctive play from the Safety position.  Anderson's draft profile graded him at 6.20 (will develop into average starter), meaning they view that as his ceiling.  To win Super Bowls, it takes a bit more at key positions than average talent still in development.  I'll be a lot more comfortable if the team signs a proven commodity to handle at least one of the Safety positions, rather than relying upon a pair of second year guys who did nothing noteworthy in their rookie seasons.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

I agree. It is amazing how he is being written off all over these boards.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 05:01 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I agree. It is amazing how he is being written off all over these boards.

I mean dude hasn’t played

Of course he’s being written off
-Housh
Reply/Quote