Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't try this at home..
I discovered this morning how to make a good cup of coffee taste horrible.. Eat some natural peanut butter, you know the kind you have to stir the oil into it then take a sip of fresh coffee.. It'll taste really nasty..
It's just one of those little things I learned the hard way after 58 years of drinking my morning coffee.. You should really just take my word for it instead of actually trying it.. YUCK!
I thought I'd share for those of you who may be about to try it..don't..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yesterday my wife and I went to dinner. She ordered a mojito and me a Bud Light draft. She removed a mint leaf from her glass and out of curiosity I dipped it into my beer. Don’t ever do that. My beer started bubbling and went flat in a heartbeat.

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 09:40 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yesterday my wife and I went to dinner. She ordered a mojito and me a Bud Light draft. She removed a mint leaf from her glass and out of curiosity I dipped it into my beer. Don’t ever do that. My beer started bubbling and went flat in a heartbeat.

But I'm sure you drank it anyway, you are the Dog after all.    Cool
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 01:02 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: But I'm sure you drank it anyway, you are the Dog after all.    Cool

Well, I almost typed that, but didn't want to sound like an alcoholic. Yeah, I drank it and then ordered another to wash it down.  Nervous

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 09:40 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yesterday my wife and I went to dinner. She ordered a mojito and me a Bud Light draft. She removed a mint leaf from her glass and out of curiosity I dipped it into my beer. Don’t ever do that. My beer started bubbling and went flat in a heartbeat.

That is a beer drinking foul. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 03:13 PM)Go Cards Wrote: That is a beer drinking foul. 

Well, I guess in this case? Curiosity killed the Dog! 

Bad Dog, Bad Bad Dog!

Reply/Quote
Minty beer.. hmmm.. You know some nitwit will market that someday. You're just ahead of your time Harley .. Maybe toothpaste and orange juice flavored .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 03:36 AM)grampahol Wrote: Minty beer.. hmmm.. You know some nitwit will market that someday. You're just ahead of your time Harley .. Maybe toothpaste and orange juice flavored .

That’s exactly what went through my mind. There were several craft beers on the menu and off a whim, I did that in wonder. It was just a bad idea but you don’t know until you try.

My wife told me of a mix of putting peanuts in coke. WTF? I had never heard of it. Not only had she heard of it, she tried it. So as she’s telling me this in the car while I’m driving, she googled it and come to find out it’s sort of a southern thing. Who knew?

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 09:30 AM)grampahol Wrote: I discovered this morning how to make a good cup of coffee taste horrible.. Eat some natural peanut butter, you know the kind you have to stir the oil into it then take a sip of fresh coffee.. It'll taste really nasty..
It's just one of those little things I learned the hard way after 58 years of drinking my morning coffee.. You should really just take my word for it instead of actually trying it.. YUCK!
I thought I'd share for those of you who may be about to try it..don't..

Always hated the taste of magic mushrooms yet loved the sensation when I was young and dumb. 

Put them mushrooms on a peanut butter sandwich and problem is solved, goes surprisingly well with beer too. Kind of a trip. 

Do not recommend with coffee though. In fact do not recommend anything at all with coffee. 

Nothing smells so good, yet taste so horrible. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Yeah, mint in beer doesn't sound very appetizing.

I think that the Mexican folk got it right, when they discovered putting lime wedges in their beer.  Wife and I always enjoy a pitcher of Dos Equis with our weekly Mexican feast, gotta have the limes.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 10:43 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Do not recommend with coffee though. In fact do not recommend anything at all with coffee. 

I don't know about that...

[Image: 450_1000.jpg]

Always smells so good when it's popping at the movies.  So, every one in a great while I'll buy some, and then I'm reminded:  Oh yeah, packing material.  Blech.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 08:54 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: My wife told me of a mix of putting peanuts in coke. WTF? I had never heard of it. Not only had she heard of it, she tried it. So as she’s telling me this in the car while I’m driving, she googled it and come to find out it’s sort of a southern thing. Who knew?

There is no way you're getting me to snort peanuts, it's physically impossible.  Good try Harley, but I'm on to you!  Mellow
Reply/Quote
I put salt in my draft beers.  helps put a little more bubbles in it.  I also like green olives in my beer and sometimes i'll put peanuts. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 11:00 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I put salt in my draft beers.  helps put a little more bubbles in it.  I also like green olives in my beer and sometimes i'll put peanuts. 

My dad also put salt in his beer.  I never asked him why, now I know.  But doesn't it make it taste salty?
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 12:04 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: My dad also put salt in his beer.  I never asked him why, now I know.  But doesn't it make it taste salty?

Well don’t dump the whole salt shaker in. Just use a dash or two. Try it, it’s the only way I like draft beer now.
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 12:57 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Well don’t dump the whole salt shaker in.  Just use a dash or two.  Try it, it’s the only way I like draft beer now.

I'm gonna' try it next time we go out to eat.   Cheers
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 10:43 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Always hated the taste of magic mushrooms yet loved the sensation when I was young and dumb. 

Put them mushrooms on a peanut butter sandwich and problem is solved, goes surprisingly well with beer too. Kind of a trip. 

Do not recommend with coffee though. In fact do not recommend anything at all with coffee. 

the only way I could stomach the magic mushrooms was to put them on a pizza.  Lift the cheese off a slice of pizza, put a whole baggie of shrooms on that slice, cover back up with the cheese and you should be good to go in 30 minutes.  :)  The peanut butter sandwich idea was good too.  but I liked the pizza one the best. 

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 04:06 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: the only way I could stomach the magic mushrooms was to put them on a pizza.  Lift the cheese off a slice of pizza, put a whole baggie of shrooms on that slice, cover back up with the cheese and you should be good to go in 30 minutes.  :)  The peanut butter sandwich idea was good too.  but I liked the pizza one the best. 

They may or may not have gone well with Reese’s peanut butter cups. Or snickers bars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 10:43 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Do not recommend with coffee though. In fact do not recommend anything at all with coffee. 

One thing that goes well with hot coffee? Cold Pizza

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 07:14 PM)Hu Awful Llama Wrote: I don't know about that...

[Image: 450_1000.jpg]

Always smells so good when it's popping at the movies.  So, every one in a great while I'll buy some, and then I'm reminded:  Oh yeah, packing material.  Blech.  

Stand corrected, love the smell of popcorn too but it just tastes like buttered styrofoam 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote