Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't worry...our season won't be compromised by making trades!
Can't trade key players that the Bengals feel are critical to our success THIS year. (Yes...we're 0-8.)

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
We're going to show the world we're a good team!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Poor Zac. He’s delusional. There is nothing good about this team. Nothing. Success? What success? Now I know why that calming drug is called ProZac. It lulls you into a false sense of well-being.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
"critical to our success this year". lol. Are you serious ZT???
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:14 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Poor Zac.  He’s delusional.   There is nothing good about this team. Nothing. Success? What success? Now I know why that calming drug is called ProZac.  It lulls you into a false sense of well-being.

Well the playcalling and adjustments are horrible. Absolutely horrible.

Players have regressed.

He feels we're close though.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well the playcalling and adjustments are horrible. Absolutely horrible.

Players have regressed.

He feels we're close though.

We are close to first pick in the 2020 draft. That’s it. I’ve seen enough of the Patriots this year to wholly understand we are not close. We aren’t even as good as the Browns — and Cleveland is going 4-12 at best. They are horrific.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:18 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: We are close to first pick in the 2020 draft.  That’s it.  I’ve seen enough of the Patriots this year to wholly understand we are not close.  We aren’t even as good as the Browns — and Cleveland is going 4-12 at best.  They are horrific.

Oh...we're dreadfully far off of being a SB contender. Probably 8-9 starters away.
Reply/Quote
As I've said before, you can't really take ZT at his word here because he's fighting an uphill battle...but he knew what he was getting into. He knows MB's history and his track record, but he can't just come out and say this job sucks and the management doesn't care.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Oh...we're dreadfully far off of being a SB contender. Probably 8-9 starters away.

...and not to mention 8 to 9 coaches away too. The entire coaching staff should be shitcanned by noon tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Can't trade key players that the Bengals feel are critical to our success THIS year. (Yes...we're 0-8.)

Even if this team wins out, the season will not be a success. I guess Taylor has a different meaning for success than most people, like maybe, "we only sucked half way" or "yes, we did suck, but we then sucked less."

But all that is wishful thinking and isn't going to come to pass.

Even with AJ coming back, I presume against Baltimore after the bye, he's not enough to turn turds to a nice rare tender steak.

Reply/Quote
Eric Bieniemy made the right choice. Avoiding this Hapsburg infected organization at all costs. Good for him. He’s better than this shit sandwich that these hairlip morons are forcing down our throats.
Reply/Quote
"Critical to our success this year" while being 0-8 sounds an awful lot like the Reds losing tons of games and talking about "positive momentum" and "winning culture" as reasons to not trade folks at the deadline.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
It's becoming delusional.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Can't trade key players that the Bengals feel are critical to our success THIS year. (Yes...we're 0-8.)

We can't trade our players now. We still have to win a few games to ensure we screw ourselves out of a top five pick and guarantee Dalton and co. are here next year too. 
Reply/Quote
If we do nothing at the deadline you have to wonder about the sanity of Mike Brown or whoever is in charge.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Zacariah is already suffering from a potentially fatal strand of Stockholm Syndrome. You hate to see it.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
The "success" he speaks of is winning into the end of the season and having some sort of momentum to sell to your team in the off season. People like to think players just reset after the season and move on but there is truth behind the idea of learning how to win. He wants to win some games heading into the offseason to highlight what they did better and to build off that, I get it even if I don't agree with it. As fans it's easy to say lose out for a better pick, but those guys have to go to work every day and then all off season and you want them to have some little victories to hang their hats on.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 09:09 AM)Au165 Wrote: The "success" he speaks of is winning into the end of the season and having some sort of momentum to sell to your team in the off season. People like to think players just reset after the season and move on but there is truth behind the idea of learning how to win. He wants to win some games heading into the offseason to highlight what they did better and to build off that, I get it even if I don't agree with it. As fans it's easy to say lose out for a better pick, but those guys have to go to work every day and then all off season and you want them to have some little victories to hang their hats on.

With Pittsburgh, the Browns twice, the Jets, Raiders, and Dolphins...we could win 3-4 games. Could. We could also lose them up.

But say we win 3 and finish 3-13...the Bengals will sell it as 3-5 with AJ Green. Losses coming to the Division winning Ravens and Patriots. 3-5 finish. Validation that the coaching is improving guys.

4 wins means a 4-4 finish. That will be viewed as a success I'd have to think.

After starting 0-8...the bar is soo low.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 08:54 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Zacariah is already suffering from a potentially fatal strand of Stockholm Syndrome. You hate to see it.

He knows nobody else is going to be stupid enough to hire a QB Coach who failed as a college OC as their HC. He also knows that after everyone has seen his offensive to watch offensive scheme, he won't have any OC jobs to fall back on either. It's Bengals or sink into NFL assistant coaching mediocrity for him.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 10:29 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He knows nobody else is going to be stupid enough to hire a QB Coach who failed as a college OC as their HC. He also knows that after everyone has seen his offensive to watch offensive scheme, he won't have any OC jobs to fall back on either. It's Bengals or sink into NFL assistant coaching mediocrity for him.

I doubt that he'll be an OC anywhere else anytime soon. He's very mediocre at that.

The intuitive guys just have it. He doesn't.

He may sound bright in interviews...but he's definitely not intuitive.
Reply/Quote