Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Donald J. Trump...Antichrist?
Yes, yes he is!

Run!!!

I know this goes on for every single president but this one is really really long so maybe they are onto something? Ninja
(07-25-2017, 01:21 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Yes, yes he is!

Run!!!

I know this goes on for every single president but this one is really really long so maybe they are onto something? Ninja

Who cares. There's no one here but atheists.
Well, technically there are two evil entities in the Revelation prophecy: the Anti-Christ and the False Prophet.

I figure Putin is the Anti-Christ and Trump is the False Prophet. Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(07-25-2017, 03:15 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Well, technically there are two evil entities in the Revelation prophecy: the Anti-Christ and the False Prophet.

I figure Putin is the Anti-Christ and Trump is the False Prophet.  Ninja

That's your Catholicism coming out. The False Prophet isn't Vladimir Putin but Mike Pence...think about it.

Who else other than a Baptist would know?
'Anti' is meaningless when referring to ********. There is no such thing as anti-magic. Magic does not exist. Just gullible people without an educated worldview.

#DARKAGE2.FOREVER
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-25-2017, 03:44 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: There is no such thing as anti-magic.

Penn and Teller? HELLO!
(07-25-2017, 04:05 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Penn and Teller? HELLO!

vurgin birth. HELLO!

Seriously though. It's all ********, no matter the flavor your parents told you to believe. Would be nice to see more people wake up and look toward the future rather than disregard the obvious scientific truth.

But whatever. I'm an idiot for hoping the bengals will succeed. You do you bud.
(07-25-2017, 03:07 AM)Vlad Wrote: Who cares. There's no one here but atheists.

A believer appears!
(07-25-2017, 03:07 AM)Vlad Wrote: Who cares. There's no one here but atheists.

Not that you or anyone cares, but I consider myself more of an agnostic. I do like a lot of Christ's teachings however, but from a philosophical pov. But I never have nor will I ever subscribe to any Church's doctrine or dogmatic viewpoints though.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(07-25-2017, 03:15 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Well, technically there are two evil entities in the Revelation prophecy: the Anti-Christ and the False Prophet.

I figure Putin is the Anti-Christ and Trump is the False Prophet.  Ninja

and steve bannon is the demonic version of the holy spirit
People suck
(07-25-2017, 09:23 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Not that you or anyone cares, but I consider myself more of an agnostic. I do like a lot of Christ's teachings however, but from a philosophical pov. But I never have nor will I ever subscribe to any Church's doctrine or dogmatic viewpoints though.

In recent years, atheists redefined their definition to basically include agnostics (to make their numbers appear larger and thereby encourage new membership). I'm sort of glad to see that at least some agnostics don't accept that. In my mind, there has always a real difference.
(07-26-2017, 12:44 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: In recent years, atheists redefined their definition to basically include agnostics (to make their numbers appear larger and thereby encourage new membership). I'm sort of glad to see that at least some agnostics don't accept that. In my mind, there has always a real difference.

Atheists shouldn't include agnostics though. An agnostic is open minded on such things, whereas an atheist is close minded on it. And that is why I can never be an atheist because I simply dont have a closed type of mind. But it is also why I cant be a 'creationist believing the world was created 6000 years ago' type for the same reason. 

(07-26-2017, 12:44 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: In recent years, atheists redefined their definition to basically include agnostics (to make their numbers appear larger and thereby encourage new membership). I'm sort of glad to see that at least some agnostics don't accept that. In my mind, there has always a real difference.

(07-26-2017, 02:21 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Atheists shouldn't include agnostics though. An agnostic is open minded on such things, whereas an atheist is close minded on it. And that is why I can never be an atheist because I simply dont have a closed type of mind. But it is also why I cant be a 'creationist believing the world was created 6000 years ago' type for the same reason. 

There are actually very few people who aren't agnostics. Atheists are usually agnostic, in my experience, and religious people seem to hold agnostic views much more often than people think, thankfully.

I don't think some people here really understand what being agnostic means.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(07-26-2017, 02:43 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: There are actually very few people who aren't agnostics. Atheists are usually agnostic, in my experience, and religious people seem to hold agnostic views much more often than people think, thankfully.

I always assumed an agnostic is someone that believes a higher power or supreme being can neither be proved or disproved. As an atheist is someone that believes there is no such thing as a higher power, or an afterlife of any kind.

(07-26-2017, 02:55 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I always assumed an agnostic is someone that believes a higher power or supreme being can neither be proved or disproved. As an atheist is someone that believes there is no such thing as a higher power, or an afterlife of any kind.

An atheist does not see any evidence at all for a higher power, and so doesn't believe there is one.

Also, people do not choose their beliefs.  But being close-minded is a choice.

One is close-minded when one doesn't consider counter-evidence.

Nothing "close-minded" about an inability to believe in negatives.
(07-26-2017, 02:43 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: There are actually very few people who aren't agnostics. Atheists are usually agnostic, in my experience, and religious people seem to hold agnostic views much more often than people think, thankfully.

I always remember MP saying "An agnostic is someone who doesn't know if he believes in anything or not."  Smirk

I had that quote a little wrong though! LOL

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-26-2017, 02:55 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I always assumed an agnostic is someone that believes a higher power or supreme being can neither be proved or disproved. As an atheist is someone that believes there is no such thing as a higher power, or an afterlife of any kind.

Right....but an atheist can still be an agnostic (as can a theist).  

I'm an Atheist because I don't believe in a higher power...I'm an agnostic because I fully admit that I cannot prove that one does not exist, and that there is no verifiable evidence for my belief (or lack thereof, however you want to look at it).

Then there are gnostic people....those who say that they know for a fact that their beliefs are correct. You can have both atheist and theist types of these people as well, and they're all obnoxious. Gnostic atheists seem to be pretty rare in my experience.

Everyone is really an atheist or a theist of some sort.

[Image: atheism.jpg]
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

The definitions I was brought up with were that an atheist claims there is no superior being(s) whereas an agnostic doesn't believe or disbelieve in a superior being(s) and would require evidence to believe one way or the other.

Except for the part about atheists being agnostics, I totally agree (in the definition I was brought up with, there is a clear delineation). I have met many people who go to church, but they don't really believe.
(07-26-2017, 03:09 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Right....but an atheist can still be an agnostic (as can a theist).  

I'm an Atheist because I don't believe in a higher power...I'm an agnostic because I fully admit that I cannot prove that one does not exist, and that there is no verifiable evidence for my belief (or lack thereof, however you want to look at it).

Then there are gnostic people....those who say that they know for a fact that their beliefs are correct. You can have both atheist and theist types of these people as well, and they're all obnoxious. Gnostic atheists seem to be pretty rare in my experience.

Everyone is really an atheist or a theist of some sort.

[Image: atheism.jpg]

I gotta disagree with you about gnostic athiests being rare. The majority of athiests I know talk about God as if they know for a fact that He doesn't exist and it's stupid for anyone to believe it.