Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump: Hispanic judge in Trump University lawsuit is ‘a hater’
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/donald-trump-hispanic-judge-trump-university-lawsuit-hater?cid=sm_fb_msnbc

Quote:Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump railed against the judge in the legal battle over Trump University, telling a large crowd Friday in San Diego, “There should be no trial.”

“We’re in front of a very hostile judge. The judge was appointed by Barack Obama,” Trump told a campaign rally on the same day as a hearing was held in San Diego over his online real estate school, which closed in 2010. “I mean frankly, he should recuse himself because he’s given us ruling after ruling after ruling, negative, negative, negative.”

U.S. District Court Judge Gonzalo Curiel “happens to be, we believe Mexican, which is great. I think that’s fine,” Trump added of the judge, who was born in East Chicago, Indiana.

But he’s “not doing the right thing,” Trump told the rally.

“I have a judge who is a hater of Donald Trump, a hater, he’s a hater,” he continued. “I’m getting railroaded by a legal system that frankly they should be ashamed.”

The class-action civil lawsuit accuses the real estate mogul of fraud after students paid up to $35,000 for courses they say were worthless.
The trial was postponed until November, after the presidential campaign ends.

“Wouldn’t that be wild if I’m president and I come back to do a civil case?” Trump asked.

“I think Judge Curiel should be ashamed of himself. I think it’s a disgrace that he’s doing this and I look forward to going before a jury not this judge, a jury, and we will win that trial.”

Trump’s comments were part of a meandering speech on a day of campaign stops in California. Both his Fresno and San Diego rallies were interrupted by protesters, some of whom were demonstrating against Trump’s immigration stance.

It wasn’t Trump’s first public attack on the judge. In February, Trump told NBC’s “Meet the Press” that Curiel was being “extremely unfair” and argued Curiel was biased against him because of the wall he has proposed building along the U.S.-Mexico border.

“Because of the wall and because of everything that’s going on with Mexico … this is a judge who I believe has treated me very, very unfairly,” Trump said. 

But please, let's focus on protesters.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-28-2016, 04:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/donald-trump-hispanic-judge-trump-university-lawsuit-hater?cid=sm_fb_msnbc

Protesters show up at every rally and usually break the law. WTS when was the last time a thread was started "focusing" on them? I know I bring them up periodically in thread(s) calling Trump's supporters into question. I suppose I could start a new thread about each Trump rally, at which, folks do more than peacefully demonstrate; but that would be petty. I think most folks in this forum realize the Trump protesters are an issue.   
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-28-2016, 04:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/donald-trump-hispanic-judge-trump-university-lawsuit-hater?cid=sm_fb_msnbc

(05-28-2016, 08:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Protesters show up at every rally and usually break the law. WTS when was the last time a thread was started "focusing" on them? I know I bring them up periodically in thread(s) calling Trump's supporters into question. I suppose I could start a new thread about each Trump rally, at which, folks do more than peacefully demonstrate; but that would be petty. I think most folks in this forum realize the Trump protesters are an issue.   

Mellow

Thanks for this.
Well if you don't know that East Chicago Indiana is known as North Mexico, then this article won't make any sense to you.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

At this point he is just pandering to the xenophobic and racists. If it was "fine" and "Great" then he wouldn't have brought up that he is Mexican.....which he isn't he was born in the U.S. making him American. The guy may have some good ideas, but he is trying to win on a platform of hate, and in the end I don't think that will work.
(05-31-2016, 09:19 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well if you don't know that East Chicago Indiana is known as North Mexico, then this article won't make any sense to you.

Except that he said the judge was Mexican when he he's American.

Sooo....I don't know why that mattered?
Quote:The class-action civil lawsuit accuses the real estate mogul of fraud after students paid up to $35,000 for courses they say were worthless.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, they took Gender Studies courses? Ninja
(05-31-2016, 12:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, they took Gender Studies courses? Ninja

Well played sir......well played.
(05-31-2016, 11:50 AM)GMDino Wrote: Except that he said the judge was Mexican when he he's American.

Sooo....I don't know why that mattered?

Facepalm Have you seen me ever defend Donald Trump?  Hilarious
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-31-2016, 01:33 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Facepalm Have you seen me ever defend Donald Trump?  Hilarious

Ah...well then.   :hooked: