Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump Is Not On The Ballot In Minnesota
http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/08/25/breaking.-donald-trump-ballot-minnesota/

Quote:Hard to believe, but its true. As of today, the GOP has no candidate for president on the ballot in Minnesota.

It might be sheer incompetence or it might be a clever ploy by Trump to avoid a Mondale-esque 50 state blow-out by deliberately not appearing on the ballot in at least one state so he can say he didn't lose there.

This is the story

It all started enough with an inquiry as to why Donald Trump's name does not appear on the official Minnesota Sample Ballot
  1. View image on Twitter
    [Image: CqqbIgrVIAEMDQf.jpg]

Michael Brodkorb @mbrodkorbQuestion to @MNSteveSimon -> Why is Donald Trump not listed on the sample ballot available on the SOS website?7:54 PM - 24 Aug 2016
  2. Michael Brodkorb @mbrodkorbBelow is the process. No concerns with @MNSteveSimon, just curious why #MNGOP hasn't completed task yet ->8:07 PM - 24 Aug 2016
  3.  Michael Brodkorb @mbrodkorbSo, @MNSteveSimon website's provides a great way to get info on candidates - but Trump isn't listed, because #MNGOP hasn't filed info. Wow.8:20 PM - 24 Aug 2016

4. Michael Brodkorb @mbrodkorbUPDATE: A top #mngop official was completely unaware paperwork had not been submitted to SOS to ensure Trump's name was on the ballot in MN.8:54 PM - 24 Aug 2016Michael Brodkorb @mbrodkorbUPDATE: #MNGOP leadership in meeting NOW to certify presidential electors (elected in May). SOS will be sent Trump info likely tomorrow. Michael Brodkorb @mbrodkorbUPDATE: Total confusion among #MNGOP officials on process for Trump being on MN ballot - absolutely possible they could've missed deadline.9:27 PM - 24 Aug 2016Michael Brodkorb @mbrodkorbMore information on Trump ballot mess in MN -> https://twitter.com/gypsy2100/status/768622048218230784 …9:34 PM - 24 Aug 2016Michael Brodkorb @mbrodkorbQ facing #MNGOP: Why did they wait until the 11th hour to process paperwork to ensure Trump was on the ballot in MN. Holding out for a hero?11:06 PM - 24 Aug 2016
The filing deadline in Minnesota is August 29 (Monday) but it is not clear that the Minnesota GOP will be able to complete the filing requirements in time to meet the deadline. The MN GOP tried an ad hoc fix last night, but it seems like their action is probably not going to pass muster with the MN Secretary of State as it apparently was improper.

Quote:

Michael Brodkorb @mbrodkorb
UPDATE: The #MNGOP failed to elect alternate presidential electors - so the state exec committee did it tonight - without clear authority.
12:36 AM - 25 Aug 2016

Quote:Michael Brodkorb @mbrodkorb
UPDATE: The #MNGOP failed to elect alternate presidential electors - so the state exec committee did it tonight - without clear authority.

Quote:

So after electing the alternate electors tonight, the #MNGOP will submit Trump/Pence names to SOS office for placement on MN ballot.
12:38 AM - 25 Aug 2016
Quote:Michael Brodkorb @mbrodkorb
So after electing the alternate electors tonight, the #MNGOP will submit Trump/Pence names to SOS office for placement on MN ballot.

Quote:

No procedure for #MNGOP state exec to elect/appoint national electors - problem now for #MNGOP in sending Trump's name to SOS for ballot.
12:53 AM - 25 Aug 2016

View image on Twitter
[Image: CqrjNNTWAAA4R3P.jpg:small]

Quote:

[url=https://twitter.com/mbrodkorb]Michael Brodkorb @mbrodkorb
Again: Process for Trump to be on MN ballot. #MNGOP didn't officially elect alternate electors - trouble ahead? Yep.
1:08 AM - 25 Aug 2016

In the end, Trump will probably get on the ballot because a state would be very reluctant to strike a major party candidate from the ballot based on a filing blunder. If the state does allow it, though, you can bet there are people just waiting to sue.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
As much as I loathe the campaign professionals, you gotta have some people who know what they are doing.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-25-2016, 09:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: As much as I loathe the campaign professionals, you gotta have some people who know what they are doing.

Maybe they do know what they are doing.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-25-2016, 09:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: As much as I loathe the campaign professionals, you gotta have some people who know what they are doing.

Doesn't the OP say the deadline is AUG 29? What is today's date? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-25-2016, 09:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/08/25/breaking.-donald-trump-ballot-minnesota/
Al Franken threatened to follow Trump on his entire campaign trail, if he dared set foot in Minnesota.
Nobody could chance a follow through on a threat like that.
Ninja

Ok... I'm going to bed.
I'm getting loopy.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
I read that he was on the ballot.

I think the problem is that a lot of people that have made up the GOP infrastructure for a few years now have jumped ship because they see Trump as a threat to the party and won't support him. There are still a lot of people who are willing to play ball with him, but when you lose people like that it can be tough to make up that lost knowledge.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR