Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump. Jr says Obama never broke 2 percent GDP growth. He did. 15 times.
http://theweek.com/speedreads/787256/donald-trump-jr-says-obama-never-broke-2-percent-gdp-growth-did-15-times

Quote:Donald Trump Jr. is a proud son. When he heard the news of the economy surging to 4.1 percent GDP growth, he immediately took to Twitter to tout his father's achievements.

"Incredible numbers," he wrote. "I remember when 'the experts' laughed about breaking 3 percent. Just because Obama never broke 2 percent doesn't mean that someone with great policies can't."

Quote:[Image: LjrJJB9a_normal.jpg]
[/url]Donald Trump Jr.

@DonaldJTrumpJr

Incredible numbers. I remember when “the experts” laughed about breaking 3%. Just because Obama never broke 2% doesn’t mean that someone with great policies can’t. Let’s keep this going.
Secretary Acosta

@SecretaryAcosta

4.1% GDP growth in the second quarter. @POTUS has America’s economy firing on all cylinders.

[Image: DjHbdXAXcAAwCJU?format=jpg&name=small]

9:52 AM - Jul 27, 2018

• [url=https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1022842142937493504]29.6K people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

There's just one problem with Jr.'s claim: Former President Barack Obama did, in fact, break 2 percent growth on multiple occasions. 

There were 15 quarters during Obama's presidency when the economy experienced 2 percent growth or higher, data from the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis shows. 

Additionally, Trump Jr. is boasting that today's rate is the fastest since 2014's 4.9 percent growth — which he may recall was a year when a certain other president was in office.

While Trump Jr. crowed with delight over the 4.1 percent growth rate, economists have said that the high rate is likely not sustainable because it was aided by trade activity spurred by the current global exchange of tariffs. The growth is likely temporary, experts say, and will probably cool down to around 3 percent throughout the rest of 2018. The president's son might be less excited about that number when he recalls that 2015's annual growth was 2.9 percent.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
This year the Philadelphia Eagles won the SB, which no team has ever done before.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
My favorite is Trump's "I’ve been given a very tough hand. Because I came up here, we had an economy that was going down."

I guess I'll just chalk it all up to alternative facts.
(07-30-2018, 02:16 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: My favorite is Trump's "I’ve been given a very tough hand.  Because I came up here, we had an economy that was going down."

I guess I'll just chalk it all up to alternative facts.

He may as well say that, because he got elected by the fake news convincing enough people that America from 2008-2016 was a poverty-stricken shathole of a communist country.  For Trump to say anything positive of this country during his predecessors 8 years would be tantamount to admitting that he was elected under false pretense.

But yes, fake news only applies to liberal pap and only applies now that Trump is in office.  Yep.

Funny thing, I'm reading Jesse Ventura's book from 2000 and he spends a lot of time going on about how the media and the people who demand the media feed them sensationalistic crap may end up being very detrimental to the country.
(07-30-2018, 01:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://theweek.com/speedreads/787256/donald-trump-jr-says-obama-never-broke-2-percent-gdp-growth-did-15-times

Be careful. You may be accused of having TDS if you refuse to be conned.

Best to play along with Trump supporters and turn a blind eye to avoid the diagnosis.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(07-30-2018, 03:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: Be careful. You may be accused of having TDS if you refuse to be conned.

Best to play along with Trump supporters and turn a blind eye to avoid the diagnosis.

Nah, a symptom of TDS would be trying to twist economic growth of 4.1%, an unemployment rate of around 4%, and increased jobs into a negative by pointing to a tweet. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-30-2018, 05:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, a symptom of TDS would be trying to twist economic growth of 4.1%, an unemployment rate of around 4%, and increased jobs into a negative by pointing to a tweet. 

Nah, Trump Delusional Syndrome would be trying to pretend that Trump and his son don't lie all the time to make him look better.

I mean someone COULD just say the economy is STILL going well and Trump hasn't screwed it up...but they they couldn't ride in on their white (high) horse and defend Trump.  Again.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Gotta love low-information voters.
(07-30-2018, 07:05 PM)treee Wrote: Gotta love low-information voters.

No. No you don't.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
A guy who receives hundreds of thousands in government benefits but supports removing benefits for struggling families and left his wife for another woman is a liar?!!?!
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]