Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
College Students And Liberals Are Hypocrites/Jokes
Democrats and Liberals claim to be the party that is openminded and accepting, yet time and time again they've proven that they're far from it and go with the flow and the groupthink of things.

Take this video, where a group called Campus Reform went around to college campuses and asked college students about quotes that were made by Trump about controlling illegal immigration.  The students condemned the comments and Trump, describing them as "described the statements as "divisive," "dehumanizing," "jingoistic," embedded with "racial biases," "rude" and generally discriminatory. "I just really think it's hateful speech in general," said one student."

The only problem with that is that they were made by the current Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, former President Barack Obama and the former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

It would be funny if it didn't speak to how stupid our country is becoming.  Liberals (Democrats) are supposed to be a party that's open minded and progressive, yet they believe everything that is fed to them, which is hilarious and very sad.

Here's some (most) parts of the article:

Quote:WASHINGTON (Sinclair Broadcast Group) — On college campuses, as with other parts of society, students have mostly made up their minds about President Donald Trump and according to a new video by the online watchdog group Campus Reform, those views have colored their opinions about border security policies once championed by top Democrats.

Cabot Phillips, the media director for CampusReform.org, went to the American University campus in Washington D.C. during the partial government shutdown and fight over border wall funding, to get students' reactions to statements he said were made by President Trump.

[video=youtube][/video]

Quote:Students described the statements as "divisive," "dehumanizing," "jingoistic," embedded with "racial biases," "rude" and generally discriminatory. "I just really think it's hateful speech in general," said one student.

The quotes highlighted the importance of building physical barriers on the border and stopping illegal immigration, but they were not from the president. They were made by the current Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, former President Barack Obama and the former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.
Students disliked the statement, "Illegal Immigration is wrong, plain and simple. Until the American people are convinced we will stop future flows of illegal immigration, we will make no progress." Sen. Schumer delivered those remarks to Georgetown Law students in 2009, during the bipartisan fight for comprehensive immigration reform that was ultimately rejected by House Republicans.

[video=youtube][/video]

Quote:Students were also upset with the tone of a 2005 remark by then-Senator Barack Obama who said, "We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented and unchecked." Less than a year later, Obama and 25 other Senate Democrats voted for the Secure Fence Act, the 2006 legislation that authorized the construction of 700 miles of barriers along the southern border.

Phillips also read a statement Hillary Clinton made on the campaign trail in 2015, where she defended her numerous votes to "spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in." She underscored, "I do think you have to control your borders."
Some of the students laughed nervously when they learned the statements were made by Democrats. Others were at a loss for words. One student smiled and noted, "That's interesting."
President Trump took office with a signature campaign promise to build a wall, a proposal that has been denounced as wasteful, unnecessary and "medieval" by his critics. But over the past decade, Democrats have supported billions of dollars in funding for physical barriers and taken a hard line against illegal immigration.
In light of these changes in the party's approach to border security and the coverage of the issue, Phillips wanted to conduct an experiment. He told Sinclair Broadcast Group, "I wanted to go out and to see if people would view the quotes differently if they thought they came from President Trump."
They did. Students had a strong, negative reaction to the mention of the president's border security policy. "Because he's such a polarizing figure and because so many young people have been told he's their worst enemy, they're going to come out and oppose it no matter what it is," Phillips said.

There's more in the link, but it just goes to show you why the Democratic party is a joke and can't work.  They oppose things just to oppose things and make noise.  They have no base or foundation to stand on.
Bro, this is done every 4 years by liberals and conservatives. Congrats on just now discovering these types of videos.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDl5MW3ykhQ

Trump supporters agree with Hitler quotes attributed to Trump. OMG, they're Nazis who have no leg to stand on.

Moral of the story: partisanship verging on stupidity is present on all sides and we should stop making sweeping generalizations that perpetuates it. Wait... this was said in your last garbage thread. Oops.

(01-15-2019, 12:17 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDl5MW3ykhQ

Trump supporters agree with Hitler quotes attributed to Trump. OMG, they're Nazis who have no leg to stand on.

Moral of the story: partisanship verging on stupidity is present on all sides and we should stop making sweeping generalizations that perpetuates it. Wait... this was said in your last garbage thread. Oops.

Two completely different scenarios, but leave it to you to try and compare the two.
College kids are just kids

FWIW, I get to see the best of the best in my current job. I see kids working hard to earn a college scholarship and pay that scholarship by repaying with service to their country.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-15-2019, 12:24 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Two completely different scenarios, but leave it to you to try and compare the two.

:andy:

(01-15-2019, 12:38 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: :andy:

Exactly.

:andy:
(01-15-2019, 12:24 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Two completely different scenarios, but leave it to you to try and compare the two.

So they're not both videos that trick people into looking silly? What is so different about them?
(01-15-2019, 03:59 AM)treee Wrote: So they're not both videos that trick people into looking silly? What is so different about them?

Pat's is people being loyal but my link is showing people hating Trump for a current situation going on.

People look silly in Pat's link but they're not bashing something that they'd otherwise be ok with.
Pointing out how stupid Americans are only emboldens our enemies.
[Image: giphy.gif]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-15-2019, 04:51 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Pat's is people being loyal but my link is showing people hating Trump for a current situation going on.

People look silly in Pat's link but they're not bashing something that they'd otherwise be ok with.

So it's completely different because instead of bashing things they'd support, they're... supporting things they would bash?

Wait, it's exactly the same thing...

(01-15-2019, 09:48 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So it's completely different because instead of bashing things they'd support, they're... supporting things they would bash?

Would they? Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
The only "hypocrit/jokes" are the people who believe only one side acts this way.

I have seen multiple videos of people on both sides being tricked into agreeing or disagreeing with comments based on who they were told made the comments.
(01-15-2019, 04:51 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Pat's is people being loyal but my link is showing people hating Trump for a current situation going on.

I actually agree with the statements made by Obama and Shumer.  But I have to wonder how representative the student statements are. I think the video is aimed at people who don't have much to do with college campuses, but read a lot about them in right wing media. If I wander around Cincinnati with a camera long enough, I can probably find Bengals fans who insist the team will be rebuilt and on the way to the AFCN championship next year.  Not sure they should stand in for the majority of Bengals fans, though.

I don't think those students "hate" Trump because of those statements.

Hmmmm.  Puzzling. Can anyone think of any other statements by Trump that cannot be found in video of Shumer and Obama, but which might have led these students to reject all things Trump?  
(01-15-2019, 09:48 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So it's completely different because instead of bashing things they'd support, they're... supporting things they would bash?

No, it's definitely not.

One is actively taking aggression against one and the other is just playing a reserved role and in defense.

See the difference?  
(01-16-2019, 08:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: No, it's definitely not.

One is actively taking aggression against one and the other is just playing a reserved role and in defense.

See the difference?  

Not really. It's about stupidity, right? It's about the US playing the "the other side is stupider/loves America less/are hypocrites/are partisan/... game. Which is incredibly tiresome to watch.

So, see, some Republicans run around in "I'd rather be a Russian than a liberal" shirt. Others believe in a "Q" and that basically every non-conservative is in a pedophilia ring. Others go to Breitbart and advocate the civil war and the extinction of all liberals on their boards. I could use all these examples, give them a heaadline like "Conservatives are the worst humans on earth" and make these points. And I'd be you.

Stop being so hyperpartisan, such a team player against the other team no matter what. That doesn't take away from your affiliation, your stances or anything. But it would make things you say a tad more relevant.
(01-16-2019, 08:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: No, it's definitely not.

See the difference?  

6 of one, half a dozen of the other. 

(01-15-2019, 12:17 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Moral of the story: partisanship verging on stupidity is present on all sides and we should stop making sweeping generalizations that perpetuates it. 

Leaving this here again

Maybe not "fake news" but certainly old news and very entertaining when it's done to both sides.

Other than that, nothing to see here folks.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22