Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Donald Trump: Soak The Rich
(01-15-2019, 04:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt he was the only one at the beach.

So basically you're going to characterize a multiple day trip with dozens of attendees based on a single photograph of what one person did at one point during the entire trip.

Quality contribution to this thread. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-15-2019, 04:52 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So basically you're going to characterize a multiple day trip with dozens of attendees based on a single photograph of what one person did at one point during the entire trip.

Quality contribution to this thread. 

I can only assume you consider yourself someone who wouldn't characterize an event from one photo.

The optics of the thing is terrible (I wonder how many times the Lady had to remind Menendez where her eyes are located); and it is totally fair to use to photo to categorize the trip as a boondoggle. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-15-2019, 05:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I can only assume you consider yourself someone who wouldn't characterize an event from one photo.

The optics of the thing is terrible (I wonder how many times the Lady had to remind Menendez where her eyes are located); and it is totally fair to use to photo to categorize the trip as a boondoggle. 

Mellow

[Image: Viral-Pic-Of-Prince-William-Giving-The-M...-Seems.jpg]

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-15-2019, 05:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

[Image: Viral-Pic-Of-Prince-William-Giving-The-M...-Seems.jpg]

Smirk

Sure. Maybe dude wasn't even at the beach. 

(01-15-2019, 06:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure. Maybe dude wasn't even at the beach. 

Or maybe he looked down for a split second and you have a mind that assumed he was staring at her chest to the point that you "wondered" if she had to remind him where her eyes are.

Sure.
(01-15-2019, 05:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: it is totally fair to use to photo to categorize the trip as a boondoggle. 

I don't think you know what the word "fair" means, but I have no doubt that you honestly believe when you first posted this that they only went there to hang on the beach and "party" and had no clue what the trip entailed. 

(01-15-2019, 06:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't think you know what the word "fair" means, but I have no doubt that you honestly believe when you first posted this that they only went there to hang on the beach and "party" and had no clue what the trip entailed. 

We know what it didn't entail, and that's solving the problem of the Government shutdown.
Think people that aren't getting paid care to see a pic of him at the beach and not in Washington?

Puerto Rico can be addressed as soon as the shutdown is done, but again, we get the picture painted that Democrats care more about people from other countries more than they do the US (I am aware of PR's US Status, but I doubt many are).
(01-15-2019, 07:48 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: We know what it didn't entail, and that's solving the problem of the Government shutdown.
Think people that aren't getting paid care to see a pic of him at the beach and not in Washington?

Puerto Rico can be addressed as soon as the shutdown is done, but again, we get the picture painted that Democrats care more about people from other countries more than they do the US (I am aware of PR's US Status, but I doubt many are).

Mitch McConnell left town. What exactly can be done when he's not in town? As long as he won't bring a vote on the bill the Senate previously passed unanimously, there's nothing to do in Washington. There's still other things to do in our country while Mitch McConnell keeps the government shut down. 

It may not have looked good when Fox and Friends showed the photo of a single attendee 14 times yesterday (that's a true figure), but that doesn't make the whole trip one big party. 

(01-15-2019, 07:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Mitch McConnell left town. What exactly can be done when he's not in town? As long as he won't bring a vote on the bill the Senate previously passed unanimously, there's nothing to do in Washington. There's still other things to do in our country while Mitch McConnell keeps the government shut down. 

It may not have looked good when Fox and Friends showed the photo of a single attendee 14 times yesterday (that's a true figure), but that doesn't make the whole trip one big party. 

He should still be in Washington calling out Mitch for leaving and all of them for that matter.
What if Mitch were to show up today and call for a vote? They aren't there! And another wasted day or two of Gov workers not getting paid.
(01-15-2019, 08:10 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: He should still be in Washington calling out Mitch for leaving and all of them for that matter.
What if Mitch were to show up today and call for a vote? They aren't there! And another wasted day or two of Gov workers not getting paid.

Sit around telling someone to come back to town who won't come back to town or go raise money for Puerto Rico...

Hmm...

(01-15-2019, 08:10 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: He should still be in Washington calling out Mitch for leaving and all of them for that matter.

Trump would have a seizure trying to cram as many insults as he could into one tweet?
(01-14-2019, 10:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: At least he paid for the National Champions visit meal out of his own pocket while many Dems were partying in Puerto Rico

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/fast-food-menu-clemsons-white-house-visit-president-trump-says-154326403.html

You know I have to give Bfine credit.  He is an excellent operative for the echo chamber.

When confronted with anything embarrassing about Trump he is trained to respond completely off topic with some fake news about Dems "partying" in Puerto Rico.

Seriously, can any of you see any connection between what he posted and the discussion we were having? 
(01-15-2019, 10:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You know I have to give Bfine credit.  He is an excellent operative for the echo chamber.

When confronted with anything embarrassing about Trump he is trained to respond completely off topic with some fake news about Dems "partying" in Puerto Rico.

Seriously, can any of you see any connection between what he posted and the discussion we were having? 

There used to be this guy who posted here that was really adamant about calling people out for whataboutism and inserting unrelated politicians into threads. 

I think he swapped accounts with a guy from Florida. 

(01-15-2019, 06:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't think you know what the word "fair" means, but I have no doubt that you honestly believe when you first posted this that they only went there to hang on the beach and "party" and had no clue what the trip entailed. 

Your assessment of my cluelessness and my understanding of the word fair aside: I knew exactly the stated reason for the boondoggle. I even know they spent their "own money" to by the tickets to attend Hamilton. And from what I understand those monies went toward PR repair. 

Do you really think I was under the impression that the stated reason for their charter flight to PR was to party at the beach? 

But I had no doubt the open minded would be quick to defend it as a noble action. I'm sure you'd extend the courtesy to both sides of the aisle. 

(01-15-2019, 10:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Your assessment of my cluelessness and my understanding of the word fair aside: I knew exactly the stated reason for the boondoggle. I even know they spent their "own money" to by the tickets to attend Hamilton. And from what I understand those monies went toward PR repair. 

Do you really think I was under the impression that the stated reason for their charter flight to PR was to party at the beach? 

But I had no doubt the open minded would be quick to defend it as a noble action. I'm sure you'd extend the courtesy to both sides of the aisle. 

I think raising money for Puerto Rico is a pretty good cause. If the GOP goes on a trip there for the same purpose, I'll avoid calling it a "party" and a "boondoggle" just because Lindsey Graham goes off by himself to get a tan for an hour or so. 

(01-15-2019, 10:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You know I have to give Bfine credit.  He is an excellent operative for the echo chamber.

Why is it embarrassing that Trump paid for the dinner out of his own pocket?

Did the Dems that went to PR solely for humanitarian reasons pay for the chartered flight out of their own pockets?

You still didn't tell me what the GOP was doing, you seemed quite adamant about bringing it up earlier. 

(01-15-2019, 10:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You still didn't tell me what the GOP was doing, you seemed quite adamant about bringing it up earlier. 

The entire Congress was out of session.  Neither the Republicans nor Democrats were working on a solution.

This is a classic red herring.  It has nothing to do with anything related to the shutdown.  It was planned before the shutdown.  It is just a meaningless ploy from the right wing echo chamber to try and make it look like the Democrats were ignoring their responsibilities to distract people from the fact that Trump has shut down the government and will not negotiate a resolution.

Why did you feel the need to post it in this thread?  What about it is relevant to the discussion?  
(01-15-2019, 10:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When confronted with anything embarrassing about Trump he is trained to respond completely off topic with some fake news about Dems "partying" in Puerto Rico.

(01-15-2019, 10:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why is it embarrassing that Trump paid for the dinner out of his own pocket?

It is not embarrassing.

My question is "Who said anything about that before you brought it up to deflect from the subject of this thread?"