Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump's phone call with Taiwan president risks China's wrath
So I guess Trump isn't the China Puppet that everyone has made him out to be?
Re-establising our relations with Taiwan is long over due.
If you want to get under China's skin, then we have to get ALL of our Asian Allies on board.

There's obviously no pleasing some of you.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-06-2016, 12:46 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: So I guess Trump isn't the China Puppet that everyone has made him out to be?
If you want to get under China's skin, then we have to get ALL of our Asian Allies on board.

If his attitudes are an indication then it appears Trump may be looking to disconnect the Russian-China "alliance".  This would be a sound strategy, as Russia and China dislike each other immensely and are only currently united due to their mutual dislike of the US.  As odious as he is, Putin is the preferable ally in that his countries ability to do long term damage to American interests is far less than China's.  A partnership of the US, Russia, India and Japan leaves China with no friends and no option but to play by the same rules that everyone else does.  No more currency manipulation and mass, state sponsored, industrial espionage.

I think our country has become far too scared of losing their perch on top of the mountain and have allowed fear and expediency to influence our decisions.  As I stated earlier, it is China that should be worried about annoying us, not the other way around.  Ultimately China has far more to lose as the US isn't the country with over a billion oppressed people who would love a chance to topple the current autocratic police state.
(12-06-2016, 12:46 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: So I guess Trump isn't the China Puppet that everyone has made him out to be?

It's like his Cabinet appointments.

If he picks someone with experience he has went against his "drain the swamp" declaration.

If he picks an outsider he has picked someone that isn't qualified for the post.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-06-2016, 12:46 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If you want to get under China's skin, then we have to get ALL of our Asian Allies on board.

No we don't.

Why would you even say this?  How the hell is taiwan going to help us negotiate trade and money policy with China?

Too many people think it is impossible to negotiate economic policy without starting a war.
(12-06-2016, 12:46 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: So I guess Trump isn't the China Puppet that everyone has made him out to be?

Maybe a Taiwan puppet.

We haven't disestablished relations with Taiwan.
And why would all of our Asian allies want to get under China's skin with us?

Who said Trump was China's puppet?
(12-06-2016, 06:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No we don't.

Why would you even say this?  How the hell is taiwan going to help us negotiate trade and money policy with China?

Too many people think it is impossible to negotiate economic policy without starting a war.

Really Fred. China seems to have no problems expanding their territories. If you want to keep them in check, you have to remove their friends. Taiwan is 1 of China's top 3 largest investors. Hong Kong is number 1 and Singapore is number 2.

(12-06-2016, 07:53 PM)Dill Wrote: Maybe a Taiwan puppet.

We haven't disestablished relations with Taiwan.
And why would all of our Asian allies want to get under China's skin with us?

Who said Trump was China's puppet?

Media does, China owns the US Debt, and Trump has loans with the PBC. So therefore Trump is a China Puppet. I'm still trying to figure out how he was a Russian Puppet.
(12-06-2016, 09:48 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Really Fred. China seems to have no problems expanding their territories. If you want to keep them in check, you have to remove their friends. Taiwan is 1 of China's top 3 largest investors. Hong Kong is number 1 and Singapore is number 2.

Media does, China owns the US Debt, and Trump has loans with the PBC. So therefore Trump is a China Puppet. I'm still trying to figure out how he was a Russian Puppet.

China own less than a third of our debt.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=amount%20of%20us%20debt%20owned%20by%20china

Just for accuracy sake.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-06-2016, 09:48 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Really Fred. China seems to have no problems expanding their territories. If you want to keep them in check, you have to remove their friends. Taiwan is 1 of China's top 3 largest investors. Hong Kong is number 1 and Singapore is number 2.

Mike, how has China expanded it's territories--other than building its own islands?  Just wondering. Do they have bases in other countries?  Also, who are China's friends--Pakistan? North Korea? Why the references to Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore?

"media" is pretty broad. If some reporters note that Trump has conflicts of interests and these could influence his thinking, that does not equate to calling him a "puppet."

The question of Russian influence arises in part because of exchanges between Trump and Putin. Putin flatters him and Trump responds with favorable policy suggestions--like working with Russia in Syria. Then Putin threw the election in favor of Trump. And Trump sees no reason for alarm. Us investors are unwilling to lend to Trump because of his many business failures, but Russian financiers are not. Some of those investors may have organized crime ties.
http://time.com/4433880/donald-trump-ties-to-russia/

After Hillary used Trump's anger against him in the debates, there is a question of whether tough world leaders like Putin might manage him as well.

Unless Xi Jinping flatters Trump, I don't expect China to get the same level of respect as Russia.
(12-06-2016, 12:46 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Re-establising our relations with Taiwan is long over due.

Hmmmm.....Obama ending Cuba sanctions was along overdue.  Trump ending 40 years of Taiwanese diplomacy is idiocy and lunacy, however.

All kabuki theater.  But some still think the POTUS has the wheel of a ship that isn't the Titanic.
--------------------------------------------------------