Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Done in
I really have no faith that this team is going to even try to be competitive and is as I've mentioned more than once, intended to just be a fill-in team to keep eyeballs interested in the big market teams . It's at best planned obsolescence kind of like the Chevy Corvaire which was designed to quickly fall apart in hopes that buyers would buy the next years model year after year. For several years now buyers have been buying the next years model and the previous years model has always fallen apart.
There's really only one way to stop this and that is to stop the revenue stream, stop buying tickets, hats, jerseys and above all, stop watching this team on TV and stop listening on radio and send a letter or email every week telling them that the business model has to change. 
Now, I know that this is pie in the sky and plenty of people are still going to tune in and buy the useless crap they sell which pre-dooms them to keep the business model going so I'm simply not watching or listening anymore. 
I'll probably still post here, but to my knowledge the team doesn't profit from this site and truth be told I kind of like many of you, but this team is and always will be planned obsolescence until the market decides to stop as much of its revenue stream as possible. You ARE the Bengals market. Time to grind it to a halt until it changes if it ever changes. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's more a textbook case of how to mismanage a sports team. It doesn't get much worse than 26+ years without a playoff win in a league built on parity and worst to first.
Reply/Quote
We will still win our tailgate every week if nothing more and I will still travel to see away games and check out the local sights and sounds of other NFL teams, Mike Brown won't keep this guy down!!!

Mooning
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
There's just one problem, Revenue Sharing.
Even if the stadium is completely empty, the Bengals make money.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:59 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: There's just one problem, Revenue Sharing.
Even if the stadium is completely empty, the Bengals make money.

Dude...I've said that a lot.

We're in a subsidized injury. No matter how poorly we do...we make profit. There's no reason to improve.

Other owners made their billions in other industries and want to win a Super Bowl as a feather in their cap. That doesn't seem to motivate Bengals ownership.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:54 PM)corpjet Wrote: We will still win our tailgate every week if nothing more and I will still travel to see away games and check out the local sights and sounds of other NFL teams, Mike Brown won't keep this guy down!!!

Mooning
Is this what being a Bengals fan has come too, Cry Cry Sick Cry Cry
Reply/Quote
The difference between M. Tomlin - infuriated at halftime for that rolled off clock, and Marvin - where they seriously cut to him on the sideline after a boneheaded play and he clapped and said "Let's go."

From the outside in, appears to be the worst motivator. Mr. Nice Guy needs a different position.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 03:55 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Mr. Nice Guy needs a different position.

No he doesn't. He needs "GONE!"

Reply/Quote
The Bengals are 2-4 right now which is “Marvin normal” for the regular season. It wasn’t until recently that the team got off to hot starts. Anyway, Cincinnati will wreck Indianapolis next week, play Jacksonville competitively, smack Tennessee in the mouth, and smoke the Browns like a bad steak. In a month the Bengals will be over 0.500 and everyone will be talking about a wild card berth. Then the rest of the schedule raises its ugly head and the Bengals will look forward to the draft, not the postseason.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 08:04 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals are 2-4 right now which is “Marvin normal” for the regular season.  It wasn’t until recently that the team got off to hot starts.  Anyway, Cincinnati will wreck Indianapolis next week, play Jacksonville competitively, smack Tennessee in the mouth, and smoke the Browns like a bad steak.  In a month the Bengals will be over 0.500 and everyone will be talking about a wild card berth. Then the rest of the schedule raises its ugly head and the Bengals will look forward to the draft, not the postseason.

Sounds pretty accurate. 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 03:55 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The difference between M. Tomlin - infuriated at halftime for that rolled off clock, and Marvin - where they seriously cut to him on the sideline after a boneheaded play and he clapped and said "Let's go."

From the outside in, appears to be the worst motivator. Mr. Nice Guy needs a different position.

The golf clap/let's go is a Marv staple, and the cameras caught that one perfectly after his dumb ass substituted when the opposition was going to clock the ball.  They didn't sub, didn't have to wait, and got a free 5 yards.  

After all these years, if he still doesn't even realize what horrible game management that is, then I won't feel bad when he is gone after this year.  
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 08:04 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals are 2-4 right now which is “Marvin normal” for the regular season. It wasn’t until recently that the team got off to hot starts. Anyway, Cincinnati will wreck Indianapolis next week, play Jacksonville competitively, smack Tennessee in the mouth, and smoke the Browns like a bad steak. In a month the Bengals will be over 0.500 and everyone will be talking about a wild card berth. Then the rest of the schedule raises its ugly head and the Bengals will look forward to the draft, not the postseason.

Not so fast, we may beat the Colts, but with the way this putrid o line is I doubt we beat the Jags and Titans
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 08:24 AM)Trademark Wrote: Not so fast, we may beat the Colts, but with the way this putrid o line is I doubt we beat the Jags and Titans

Oh we'll beat the Colts next week and the boards will be filled with optimism.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 03:55 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The difference between M. Tomlin - infuriated at halftime for that rolled off clock, and Marvin - where they seriously cut to him on the sideline after a boneheaded play and he clapped and said "Let's go."

Hilarious Glad I am not the only one who notices the idk what I am doing clap when he is on camera.  I honestly am starting to believe he has a guy buzz him on the head set when he is on screen so he claps or closes his mouth, but most of the time he still has that deer in the headlights look, kinda like a kid who doesn't know how to spell a word in a spelling bee. 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 08:04 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals are 2-4 right now which is “Marvin normal” for the regular season.  It wasn’t until recently that the team got off to hot starts.  Anyway, Cincinnati will wreck Indianapolis next week, play Jacksonville competitively, smack Tennessee in the mouth, and smoke the Browns like a bad steak.  In a month the Bengals will be over 0.500 and everyone will be talking about a wild card berth. Then the rest of the schedule raises its ugly head and the Bengals will look forward to the draft, not the postseason.

Ye Olde Deadcat Bounce.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance

We are low in attendance. Usually we are in the 60-63,000 area. Unless Indy travels well, I figure that trend will continue this weekend
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 08:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The golf clap/let's go is a Marv staple, and the cameras caught that one perfectly after his dumb ass substituted when the opposition was going to clock the ball.  They didn't sub, didn't have to wait, and got a free 5 yards.  

After all these years, if he still doesn't even realize what horrible game management that is, then I won't feel bad when he is gone after this year.  

While I agree we shouldn't have subbed, Geno was SLOWLY JOGGING off; we've all seen him run considerably faster than he did there. I even yelled to my dad, "why isn't he running off!?!?!??!"
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 11:14 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: While I agree we shouldn't have subbed, Geno was SLOWLY JOGGING off; we've all seen him run considerably faster than he did there. I even yelled to my dad, "why isn't he running off!?!?!??!"

Yeah I caught that too. But to be honest, that was the only thing I saw Geno do all day. Not sure if was sick, but he didn't play like the Geno we are used too....Probably held all game too.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 12:21 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Yeah I caught that too. But to be honest, that was the only thing I saw Geno do all day. Not sure if was sick, but he didn't play like the Geno we are used too....Probably held all game too.

As I wrote in other threads, Dunlap was held and tackled from the 4th drive on, so there's a good chance Geno was as well.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 12:26 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: As I wrote in other threads, Dunlap was held and tackled from the 4th drive on, so there's a good chance Geno was as well.

You already know he was along with the rest of them.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote