Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Done with Daltin
Andy has no heart. He needs to go. He is the perfect reflection on the Bengals ownership. Good when there is no oressure. Folds when things get tight. The perfect qb for Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
Disagree he has no heart, but you’re spot on as far as being the perfect QB for Mike Brown. He’s the Marvin Lewis of QB’s. Right in that mediocre sweet spot.

I’m officially ready to draft his replacement at this point. Need a QB that can put up huge numbers in the modern NFL, and Dalton is never going to throw for 400-500 yds.

Ofc it goes without saying it only matters if Marvin (and Hue) is gone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Disagree he has no heart, but you’re spot on as far as being the perfect QB for Mike Brown. He’s the Marvin Lewis of QB’s. Right in that mediocre sweet spot.

I’m officially ready to draft his replacement at this point. Need a QB that can put up huge numbers in the modern NFL, and Dalton is never going to throw for 400-500 yds.

Ofc it goes without saying it only matters if Marvin (and Hue) is gone.

The reason I say he has no heart is because he looks lost out there. If things aren’t perfect he folds like a lawn chair. He has no killer instinct.
Reply/Quote
Dalton may be the most hot and cold QB in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:12 PM)car91 Wrote: The reason I say he has no heart is because he looks lost out there. If things aren’t perfect he folds like a lawn chair. He has no killer instinct.

I mean he plays behind our terrible Oline so he has heart/balls whatever you want to call it. I agree he’s lacking something though. It’s hard to put your finger on exactly what is is, swagger, killer instinct, but Mayfield has it. Andy doesn’t.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:12 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Dalton may be the most hot and cold QB in the NFL.

And inconsistency is not something a 8 year veteran QB should suffer so badly with.

Reply/Quote
He’s one step above kanta. In fact, kanta is better and was a better leader. He atleast gave us a chance. Mandy is a backup qb. Nick Foles is twice as good as him. It’s time we seriously consider drafting a win. Problem is Marvin won’t do that because he is so in love with mediocrity, and Mandy fits that to a T. We suck plain and simple and nothing will change with Marvin and Mikey. 15 years 0 playoff wins 99% of the coaches would of been fired. Mikey loves having Marvin around so he has someone to place the blame on
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I mean he plays behind our terrible Oline so he has heart/balls whatever you want to call it. I agree he’s lacking something though. It’s hard to put your finger on exactly what is is, swagger, killer instinct, but Mayfield has it. Andy doesn’t.

Not really disagreeing but I think Mayfield would look like dogshit behind our O-line on a regular basis.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:24 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Not really disagreeing but I think Mayfield would look like dogshit behind our O-line on a regular basis.

I think he’d look better than Andy. And that’s the point.

Reply/Quote
How about we actually put good players around him instead of getting rid of him and creating yet another off season need.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:28 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: How about we actually put good players around him instead of getting rid of him and creating yet another off season need.

He’s had 8 years, and multiple sets of excuses. Enough is enough. If we draft another QB that can’t overcome the Brown family, so be it. But it’s time to try.

Reply/Quote
Next year Andy will cost us over $16 Mil. and he has 0 dead money. After 8 years we may want to explore other options.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Next year Andy will cost us over $16 Mil. and he has 0 dead money. After 8 years we may want to explore other options.

While this is a fine idea, I believe there would be potential trade partners as opposed to just cutting bait. All of this depends on Mike Brown's willingness to trade and not holding out for multiple first round picks or something crazy. I'd rather get something back for Dalton is we move on then just cut him.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Next year Andy will cost us over $16 Mil. and he has 0 dead money. After 8 years we may want to explore other options.

Possibly...but $16 million is still quite a bargain unless we are going to roll with Driskel and a draft pick.  A glance at this list, and I don't see a single actual starting QB who isn't on a his rookie deal who makes less than Dalton.

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/

Here is just 2019

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/2019/
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And inconsistency is not something a 8 year veteran QB should suffer so badly with.

He has always been like this and many seem to be content to wait for consistency to show up but his inconsistency is his consistency.

This game was critical to win and he was stellar..lol
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s had 8 years, and multiple sets of excuses. Enough is enough. If we draft another QB that can’t overcome the Brown family, so be it. But it’s time to try.

Lol the guy has produced when there is talent around him he'll even when there isnt talent. Let's put it this way he has either thrown for 4,000 yards or 25 TDs in 4 out of the 5 last seasons. He hasn't been playing bad football.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:52 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Lol the guy has produced when there is talent around him he'll even when there isnt talent. Let's put it this way he has either thrown for 4,000 yards or 25 TDs in 4 out of the 5 last seasons. He hasn't been playing bad football.

Those stats are getting less and less impressive the more pass happy the league gets.

Talk to me when he starts putting up 400-500 yds and 5-6 TD’s a game.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:22 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: He’s one step above kanta. In fact, kanta is better and was a better leader. He atleast gave us a chance. Mandy is a backup qb. Nick Foles is twice as good as him. It’s time we seriously consider drafting a win. Problem is Marvin won’t do that because he is so in love with mediocrity, and Mandy fits that to a T. We suck plain and simple and nothing will change with Marvin and Mikey. 15 years 0 playoff wins 99% of the coaches would of been fired. Mikey loves having Marvin around so he has someone to place the blame on
He was okay but was no Plamer.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Those stats are getting less and less impressive the more pass happy the league gets.

Talk to me when he starts putting up 400-500 yds and 5-6 TD’s a game.

I'm not defending Dalton on this, just saying that I don't think Lewis would ever let that happen. He's not a run it up, keep kicking ass, don't let off the gas type of coach. A 1 point lead means it time to run 3 times and punt. While that is a bit of an exaggeration, there is also some truth to it.

It would be nice to have a QB that we could turn loose and let put up those kinds of numbers.
Reply/Quote
Who’s Kanta? Sounds like a samurai.

Reply/Quote