Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Done with Daltin
(11-25-2018, 07:28 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: How about we actually put good players around him instead of getting rid of him and creating yet another off season need.

That's the issue, isn't it?

Fans want to see a QB that can elevate his team, not a QB who needs to be elevated by talent around him.

That said, no. We should keep Dalton at least one more year. Deal is way too team friendly and it's hard to think we'll find a replacement anytime soon.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 10:29 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: That's the issue, isn't it?

Fans want to see a QB that can elevate his team, not a QB who needs to be elevated by talent around him.

That said, no. We should keep Dalton at least one more year. Deal is way too team friendly and it's hard to think we'll find a replacement anytime soon.

Plus, the HC and the OC both like him and want to keep him.  I guess it's possible they are both big fat liars but I'm not gonna make that determination.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Fans want wins and no QB wins without good players around him.

Over the last two years Aaron Rodgers has a losing record while Blake bortles has won 2 playoff games.
Reply/Quote

That's such bologna QBs need talent around them to win. When he has had it he puts up elite to very good numbers.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I think Dalton is in need of a new hairdo and look. The Shoneys big boy cut has run its course on him and its time to move on. A red mullet would be ideal. Grow his beard out, get some 3/4 smoke aviators. He'd be way more likeable.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 10:27 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I think Dalton is in need of a new hairdo and look. The Shoneys big boy cut has run its course on him and its time to move on. A red mullet would be ideal. Grow his beard out, get some 3/4 smoke aviators. He'd be way more likeable.

A Joe Dirt mullet with a handlebar mustache would be legendary. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
At the end of the day its a big year for Dalton. If he has a great year and thrives in this offense people will have to deal with him sticking around for the long haul as I think a big year turns into a 3rd contract. People act like he is holding team back yet they forget last year the team was 5-2 (should have been 6-1) before the injuries hit and the D fell apart. A lot of that great start was directly due to Dalton making plays when the team needed him to come up big. Is he elite? no..... but when he has time and guys to throw to he is pretty above average. I think the biggest thing this team needed was a fresh message and set of eyes. Who knows how Taylor will turn out but that could be the real difference here with a modern offensive game plan and an attacking mindset.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 12:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Fans want wins and no QB wins without good players around him.

Over the last two years Aaron Rodgers has a losing record while Blake bortles has won 2 playoff games.

Great point!
Reply/Quote