Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Done with Daltin
(11-25-2018, 07:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I mean he plays behind our terrible Oline so he has heart/balls whatever you want to call it. I agree he’s lacking something though. It’s hard to put your finger on exactly what is is, swagger, killer instinct, but Mayfield has it. Andy doesn’t.

A burning desire to win. 

He has nothing even resembling this.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:24 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Not really disagreeing but I think Mayfield would look like dogshit behind our O-line on a regular basis.

He wouldn't look any worse than Driskel and would actually look better. Both are clearly better than Dalton behind a sketchy Oline because of their talent (elusiveness). 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He wouldn't look any worse than Driskel and would actually look better. Both are clearly better than Dalton behind a sketchy Oline because of their talent (elusiveness). 

One thing I noticed with Driskel was he didn't have the shell shocked, happy feet that Dalton had.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:28 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: How about we actually put good players around him instead of getting rid of him and creating yet another off season need.

He's had good players around him. When they get hurt, he goes to shit. You need a QB that can still make throws when injuries happen as they so often do in a contact sport. 

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:32 PM)XsandOs Wrote: A couple of points:

1) How was Drew Brees doing without talent a few years ago? How is Rodgers doing now?

2) I have never seen an organization throw an entire SEASON. But the Colts did it to get Luck.....
A single player throwing a game will be blacklisted for life. 

Brees is light years ahead of Dalton. So is Rodgers. Both have SBs.

Do you know how many QBs out there would love to have an AJ Green to throw to? Dalton's weapons are not as weak as you think.

Reply/Quote
Dalton is the least of our problems but still one of the problems.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: One thing I noticed with Driskel was he didn't have the shell shocked, happy feet that Dalton had.

It's certainly not to say he wouldn't given enough time, but right now he has a better internal clock that instinctively tells him when it's time to move. And he's faster. And he's bigger. And he has a stronger arm.

I still don't think he's the answer at this point, but he's better than what's been run out there for so long--behind this line.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He wouldn't look any worse than Driskel and would actually look better. Both are clearly better than Dalton behind a sketchy Oline because of their talent (elusiveness). 

(11-25-2018, 10:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: One thing I noticed with Driskel was he didn't have the shell shocked, happy feet that Dalton had.

Well Dalton did have a 21 yard scramble.  He's not exactly a pocket passer per say but I see what you mean Faulk.

Driskel hasn't had his ass handed to him on a regular basis yet either.

Romo mentioned that he'd seen Dalton peeking at his tackles before last year...  mostly RT when they were marching Ced O out there as starter.

He said when you start doing that as a QB you're cooked.

Dalton might just be damaged goods here with the current personnel or just in general.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Andy is an above average QB but he needs a better o-line. That being said at this point I don't have a problem with seeing what Driskel can do.
Reply/Quote
Weve all seen dalton look bad, medicre,and even good. But most the time hes in the medicre and.bad catagory more then good. Ive seen him work on his arm ,his pocket movement this year. And still i just see things missing from him,after 8 years!? Driskel comes in, better pocket awareness ,better wheels, hit some laser throws. Dont throw the same routes over and over. Why did i feel good about coming back but not with dalton? Thats a red flag, dalton is not the answer. I bet driskel started this game he wins it. I bet he beats the broncos next week. But id still draft a qb.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 11:13 PM)mon4078 Wrote: Andy is an above average QB but he needs a better o-line. That being said at this point I don't have a problem with seeing what Driskel can do.

Above average is debatable. At this point I think he’s average, at best.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:24 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Not really disagreeing but I think Mayfield would look like dogshit behind our O-line on a regular basis.

I thought Driskel look pretty good behind our outline.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 11:52 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I thought Driskel  look pretty good behind our outline.

Well I did say Mayfield... and I did say on a regular basis.

Small sample size does not equate longevity.

Hell I could say Driskel is better than Mayfield... or Dalton would be the tits on the Browns.

It wouldn't make me right but who knows...  am I right?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s had 8 years, and multiple sets of excuses. Enough is enough. If we draft another QB that can’t overcome the Brown family, so be it. But it’s time to try.

I'm fine with moving on, but...

1. The excuses made for Dalton were usually pretty valid. I don't think anyone would dispute the team has been shite  for 3 years now. 

2. Don't expect a new QB to fix things, barring sweeping changes to this entire franchise and how they operate.

My defense of Dalton over the last few years has had as much to do with my disgust for how this team is run as my faith in Dalton as a franchise QB. I don't care if he goes, I'm just done with false reasons for hope. The Bengals wont get me back by simply drafting a new QB, although I realize that will work for many.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton isn't the answer. He even tricks me when he has a few games where he's rolling but he's not a good QB. I'm not sure what it will take for people to realize this.

As other have noted, it's time for a change. He should count his blessings that he's had AJ Green for the entire duration of his career. Without Green, I wouldn't be surprised if he is a career backup.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 03:56 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Andy Dalton isn't the answer.  He even tricks me when he has a few games where he's rolling but he's not a good QB. I'm not sure what it will take for people to realize this.

As other have noted, it's time for a change.

I feel the same way,hes tricked me sometimes thinking he turned the corner but then he shows himself to be bad later. Hes also marvin and lazors robot,does he have any backbone. Why cant he change plays anymore. Even with driskel out there if driskel dont like what he sees he starts moving around and improvising. Dalton never does.ive noticed daltons at his best in the middle of the field,well if you dont have no tight end then that shuts dalton down. Dalton isnt good on farther throws or to the side lines like he is the middle. 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Goff went #1 for a reason. He’s miles better than Dalton. But yes, he needed to be free from Jeff Fisher to really shine.

Marvin is basically Jeff Fishers coaching doppelganger. Yet you expect Dalton to shine under him while admitting that Goff needed out from under Fisher? I'm just saying.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:09 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Marvin is basically Jeff Fishers coaching doppelganger. Yet you expect Dalton to shine under him while admitting that Goff needed out from under Fisher? I'm just saying.

I want Marvin and Dalton gone.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I mean he plays behind our terrible Oline so he has heart/balls whatever you want to call it. I agree he’s lacking something though. It’s hard to put your finger on exactly what is is, swagger, killer instinct, but Mayfield has it. Andy doesn’t.
Mayfield is a arrogant soon to be exposed QB, Andy is not willing to win at all cost, He is not a winner, he has nt been groomed to be a winner. Therefore Marvin Lewis is trash and needs to retire asap, Great coaching and a great QB can overcome injuries we have neither.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I want Marvin and Dalton gone.

This is exactly what I've been demanding for 5 f'n seasons.  They are both mediocre at best and mediocre at the critical position of QB and Head Coach does not get it done in the NFL.
Reply/Quote